Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I´m increasing corruption through religion. At tips for Caitlin? She is a hard nut to crack.
Just complete her questline, The Blind Hunt. Aria and Caitlyn have very very high stat checks and even blocks in the code if you do not complete their questlines.

If have already done that, what is the primary problem? Her corruption going down every time you raise it? High defiance? Sex checks keep failing?

Everything has a solution once we know specifically what causes it. Also, from your previous question on discipline, here's the wiki entry . Not sure how up to date it is because I think setting four of your girls as guards with a good combat captain assigned (Samuel, the Space Marine is the cheapest, Ayden has the highest skill for it though I am not sure how much of a gap it really is since Felix is very close to his skill level in the tooltip and the same fame modifier) should also help raise it.

Here's a Caitlyn to inspire you:

caitlyn - masters of raana 0001.png

Will my workshop/workers autobuy those materials, or do I have to go shopping myself?
You shop. Preferably in Aimee's Store once you invested in it enough.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
How to peacefully Rise from ashes on Grimdark difficulty + dying world:

1. Spend your few creator points on whatever you want
2. Hire Loren at Sloppy Moes in Marston Ave.
3. Go to Stokke hills and pick up Juno at the abonded house.
4. Go home and remove rifle from Loren
5. Assign Juno as herald.
5. Assign Loren as a follower.
6. Go to Imogens barrow and click on the moose head or whatever it is to start hunting.
7. Go home
8. Prepare meat if you have any raw meat and remaining stamina
9. Train stamina twice.
10. Sell food at market to pay for tax, maintenance and Lorens sallary.
11. Buy 30-06 ammo at weapon store when running low.
12. Build / upgrade gardens when you can afford to.
13. Tell Loren and Juno that they are beautiful if there is time left before end of the day.
14. Repeat 6 - 13 until you have a sufficient passive income via garden food surplus.
15. Do whatever you want.

Key to above is that Loren only cost $200 + $20 per day to hire, has high survival skill + jaeger trait, so you effectively just hold the rifle while she does all the work, more often than not succesfully.

Also very helpful is that food is expensive on Grimdark difficulty + dying world. The more the world turns to shit the richer you get and in this case the world is shit from day 1.

Edit: 6. Changed to Imogens barrow instead of Swamp since you only need 5 stamina and 2 hours per hunt there (as pointed out by NoUseForAName3 and Tanev3)

Last edited:

megamanx06

Mar 13, 2019
What exactly does it mean when it says "increase/decrease [trait] by one point"? How many points does it take to gain/lose a trait? Are there tiered traits (e.g. does increasing Vanilla eventually lead to Pure)? Wiki is kind of unhelpful in this

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
What exactly does it mean when it says "increase/decrease [trait] by one point"? How many points does it take to gain/lose a trait? Are there tiered traits (e.g. does increasing Vanilla eventually lead to Pure)? Wiki is kind of unhelpful in this
All traits technically have a range from 0 to 100.

Most of them are 0-100 without any tiering or scale and basically just on or off.

But some are tiered like this:
TraitPure 0-24 = Malevolent
TraitPure 25-50 = Nothing
TraitPure 51-100 = Pure (1-50)

Another one from memory is dominant <--> submissive.

Reactions: megamanx06

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Hunting session in the wetlands is 3h, Imogen's Barrow has only a hunting session duration of 2 hours and can be easily reached via Minimap (maybe you need to visit it once before able to do so), so I would try to hunt in Imogen instead. I would also pick up Loden and Laika early and take them and Juno along on the hunting trips and only in the late evening (shortly before 12 am) I would assign Juno as Herald (or to another job), Laika and Loden as Scavies and Loren to another job, as all of them can and will multitask.

But then I guess if I would do a rise from the Ashes + Dying world start, my first visit would be the Shunsuke Tavern in Raikan to go immediatly all-in (and hope that I have enough money for the first Daiku round, but then I could also hire Loren or rifle savant and sell their rifle(s) to have enough money to gamble at shunsuke and give the merc, at least temporarily, the boot directly after removing their weapon and armor from them...). Two wins in Shunsuke on the first day and the rest should be a piece of cake ;-).

ps. And I do like to get rich on the food market, but I have not yet looked into it under the dying world conditions, eg. if buying one day all food in the redhaven market and selling the food the next day back to the market is as profitable in a dying world (as the difference between buying price and selling price might be more than one, which might make that strategy unprofitable).
If you don't put any creation points towards stamina then you only have 25 stamina when you begin. So you can at best do 2 hunts on day 1 and then only 1 hunt per day until you have been able to train stamina to ~40 and then you will be stuck with two hunts per day until you reach stamina ~75 and can start having freedom to do other things which requires stamina, like seducing juno.

Until you have capacity to do multiple hunts per day, it's not really worth the effort to go to Imogen's barrow and once you have that capacity you will have to start switching hunting location to allow the game to regenerate.

You start with $300 + ~70 food. So, you would have to be very confident in your gambling skills to make a living at Shunsuke.

Hiring some cheap mercenaries in order to sell their stuff seems doable, but feels like a bit of an exploit, as real world scenario would be that they would rob and kill you instantly when they realize what you are doing. I would have prefered an option to murder them in their sleep for that purpose.

Getting rich from buying food at low price and selling at high price doesn't seem realistic. There is an overlap, where you could make profit, but it won't be huge and you can be stuck waiting several months (or forever) for prosperity and control to get low enough for ideal sell conditions.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Arythazin

Jul 1, 2019
Will there be a setting where your workshop can keep processing to turn scrap metal into steel even when you are out of merchandise?

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
Until you have capacity to do multiple hunts per day, it's not really worth the effort to go to Imogen's barrow and once you have that capacity you will have to start switching hunting location to allow the game to regenerate.
Camp gear helps. North from Imogen you have spot that give +5 stamina per day. When you camp you can "relax", do it every night and every morning, it refreshes with each camping. Also, think Imogens eat less stamina for hunting than swamps.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Camp gear helps. North from Imogen you have spot that give +5 stamina per day. When you camp you can "relax", do it every night and every morning, it refreshes with each camping. Also, think Imogens eat less stamina for hunting than swamps.
I believe you're right about the stamina loss, but the swamps give way more meat and skins in my experience.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Is there a money cheat? I am looking to restart the game, but I am really not looking forwards to grinding all the money again. I spent way too much time doing it in older versions.
and I had so much money back then that my investments alone kept me very rich

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I believe you're right about the stamina loss, but the swamps give way more meat and skins in my experience.
I just tested it, and it is definitely a better opening to pick up Loren and Juno on the way to Imogens barrow.

By doing so, I was able to get 2 of 4 successful hunts on day 1 and still have enough stamina to prepare 30 of 37 raw meat when I got back.

By getting more hunts per day, you practically get a stable income from day 1, and you also get double amount of chances to increase survival skill and stealth.

I have also made the observation that you seem to get less bounty for each successful hunt in Imogens barrow, but still better option to go for Imogens barrow early.

Getttutt

Aug 6, 2018
I have a question, is it possible to get a girl that we had to capture in a fight afterwards? I lost the chance of geting Haruto Pai. and Zenobia

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I have a question, is it possible to get a girl that we had to capture in a fight afterwards? I lost the chance of geting Haruto Pai. and Zenobia
Zenobia:

Make a backup save file, save to disk just in case. Before every other step here, do it. And do not touch it after doing the steps here unless it fails.

Try dismissing Luckie before redoing the quest so you do not get double Luckie and brick something.

Control + Shift +J

SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_ring = 1

Hit enter.

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Is there a money cheat? I am looking to restart the game, but I am really not looking forwards to grinding all the money again. I spent way too much time doing it in older versions.
and I had so much money back then that my investments alone kept me very rich
Been there done that saveeditonline is the answer

Reactions: harem.king

Getttutt

Aug 6, 2018
Zenobia:

Make a backup save file, save to disk just in case. Before every other step here, do it. And do not touch it after doing the steps here unless it fails.

Try dismissing Luckie before redoing the quest so you do not get double Luckie and brick something.

Control + Shift +J

SugarCube.State.active.variables.quest_ring = 1

Hit enter.
I see, it makes sense, thank's

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes