Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
It is indeed profitable (and has been successfully practiced and is successfully practiced by me).
The normal food price with a stockpile x, with 2499 < x < 5000, is between 3 and 4 RD (without Marston Fort effect, ie Marston Fort not occupied).

Food price is increased by 1, if the food stockpile x is below 2500. The Food price is increased by another 1, if the food stockpile is exactly zero.

Food price is reduced by 1, if the food stockpile is 5000 or higher.

Now during the new food price calculation first the new prices are calculated, taking into account the current food stockpile, afterwards the amount of food at the market is adjusted.

The difference between buying price and selling price is normally 1, ie. selling price is 1 lower than buying price.

Lets assume the food stockpile is zero, then the lowest possible price (without Marston Fort effect and without any other effect ie. from missing fusion power plants) is 5 and thus the selling price is 4.

Lets assume the food stockpile is 5000 or above, then the highest possible price (without Marston Fort effect etc.) is 3.

The win margin in the worst possible case is thus 1 per ration, with about 5000 rations to be bought and sold that would be a profit of 5000 RD. And a trip to the Redhaven market (with a non-limping mc) just takes 6 minutes (if one leaves the home anyway for whatever reason), so it takes alltogether just 12 minutes for a buying and selling cycle.

The lowest possible (buying) price for a food stockpile above 5000 is 2 (per ration). The highest possible price for a food stockpile (being exactly zero) is 6 (and thus the selling price is 5) - without any additional effects in place and normal prosperity/control levels. The highest win margin per ration is thus 3 or 15000 RD for 5000 rations.

So you will make a profit every two days (without any other effects) between 5000 and 15000 RD or between 2500 and 7500 RD per day, for an ingame time investment of just 6 minutes each day (assuming that there is no other reason to go to the market and you are leaving your home anyway).

Now the price is raised by 3, if the Marston Fort is occupied, but if the price adjustment (which happens at midnight) has already happened for that day, the price adjustment is postponed until the next regular price adjustment (and only then the food price will get adjusted with the "Marston effect", if the Marston Fort has not been cleared before that price adjustment is calculated). So taking advantage of going late to bed (past midnight) and not clearing a bandit band from the Marston Fort immediatly (but only clearing it partly, when it gets occupied, and sparing the last miserable 4 bandits for the next day), can raise the profit by 3 per ration (if your next action is a sell action and not a buy action), so assuming about 5000 rations are traded, that would mean an additional 15000 RD (above the base revenue).

And the chance that the Marston Fort gets occupied is not that low, of course you also might want to not always directly clear the Stokke Fort, if it gets occupied (but only clear it in parts)¹, since it seems (not verified by a look into the code) that the chance that the Marston Fort gets occupied is higher, if the Stokke fort is already occupied (otherwise it is more likely that the Stokke fort gets occupied and not the Marston Fort).

And you just need a food silo and enough cash at hand to start the "food price manipulation". And the food silo is rather cheap - you need the food silo, so that you are able to not let some rations rot at midnight (while you temporarily have the redhaven food market stockpile for safekeeping ;-) ). So the investment hurdle is rather low and the investments will amortize nearly immediatly and it is also worth to take a loan to be able to start the food market price manipulation early.

But I will leave it at that, as otherwise GD-Studios might come to think, that such money gain from the food market should either have some negative consequences (like especially the poorer folks getting angry at the mc/pc or the mc/pc losing influence²) or trying to prevent the money gain (eventhough that might be harder to achieve).

ps. Of course you might occassionally not boost the market stockpile via selling directly to 5000 or more rations, but then you will still know the very next day, if in case you buy at that price you will be afterwards able to sell with a guaranteed profit (or not). And you will always be able to buy that day and sell the next day with a profit, if you did not already sell that day (between midgnight and concluding your day) and the Marston Fort gets occupied during the conclude day phase.

pps. In my current game I did make more money from the food market (via buying and selling) than I would have gained from three won poker games at dockgrave each day always with the maximum possible winnings and that without really selling and buying at the food market every single day (but sometimes forgetting to buy or sell or deliberatly waiting and not always making sure, that the food market had 5000 or more rations are I did sell rations). Of course that is partly also due to the fact, that the Marston Fort in my game did get occupied quiet often.

¹) Another reason is, that some global events can only happen, if the Stokke Fort is occupied (and I like the control rating to not get above 30 for long and preferable keep it between 25 and 29), like the stokke band raiding an ammo depot....

²) But then again, what does a mc/pc, who might also purchase from Shady Dave or extort others, care about a little influence loss.
What typically happens in Grimdark + dying world is that prosperity stay between -5 and 5 and control goes to 0 or near zero. Control eventually goes up and makes lower price range more or less permanent.

When prosperity and control are both very low food sell price usally stay around $15 - $20 and buy price $4-$5 higher. There is some overlap but you may literally need to wait weeks or months to make profit from normal price variations.

Marston fort stuff usually doesn't happen at all until a few months into the game?

Reactions: Gunner Rey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
The drugs to accelerate pregnancy are not purchased from the doctors hall at Crystal Height?? Also, I remember that in previous version you can get drugs to fast raise your kids. Where can I get them in this version, or they are gone?

Catino

Nov 16, 2023
The drugs to accelerate pregnancy are not purchased from the doctors hall at Crystal Height?? Also, I remember that in previous version you can get drugs to fast raise your kids. Where can I get them in this version, or they are gone?
Also, where can I buy revital?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I assume it is fully replaced by the pregnancy and nursery aging in the settings menu. You can set pregnancy at x10 speed so it finishes in 28 days and you can put your nursery at x100 speed so your child is processed in another 30 days for a total of 58 days.

Also, where can I buy revital?
From the Transit Department in the Old Palace section. From Redhaven, go to Emerald City (east), south to Crystal Heights, and then south again to the Palace quarters. You need 10k influence before you are allowed in the Palace section and I think 1k influence to get inside Emerald City.

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
I just tested it, and it is definitely a better opening to pick up Loren and Juno on the way to Imogens barrow.

By doing so, I was able to get 2 of 4 successful hunts on day 1 and still have enough stamina to prepare 30 of 37 raw meat when I got back.

By getting more hunts per day, you practically get a stable income from day 1, and you also get double amount of chances to increase survival skill and stealth.

I have also made the observation that you seem to get less bounty for each successful hunt in Imogens barrow, but still better option to go for Imogens barrow early.
Be sure to also pick up your 5 stamina per day from Majestic Scenery at Preacher's Pond :)

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Be sure to also pick up your 5 stamina per day from Majestic Scenery at Preacher's Pond :)
And more importantly... Make sure to join cult of the elder or christianity (and then get out of those religions once stamina has been trained high enough and there is no reason to remain with them).

Can't belive that I missed that.

Tanev3

Dec 1, 2022
And more importantly... Make sure to join cult of the elder or christianity (and then get out of those religions once stamina has been trained high enough and there is no reason to remain with them).

Can't belive that I missed that.
Yes, Christianity is amazing for stamina. I still stick to atheism until I max willpower thought.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Yes, Christianity is amazing for stamina. I still stick to atheism until I max willpower thought.
I started a new game with intention of going with Christianity, but both Juno and Loren turned out to be members of the old fart cult so I swithed to that instead. And I am very happy that I did. Not only can I now completely ignore weather, it is also bugged so that I get the level 4 bonus, of 1 extra stamina point, when walking between outskirt districts, menaning that I get 7 stamina points from going to the pond, always. Need a few extra points? no problem just walk a bit more.

Maxed out atheism only gives 0.1 will power per day, so it is not big deal to delay that and in the meantime rely on morning blowjobs for increased will power (which I believe to be extra efficient when will power is low and you can get it from both balls cleaning and blowjob start).

Sigvil

Oct 3, 2017
It is only me or if i edit slaves stat using sugarcube they reset? Is there any way to edit stats now?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I assume it is fully replaced by the pregnancy and nursery aging in the settings menu. You can set pregnancy at x10 speed so it finishes in 28 days and you can put your nursery at x100 speed so your child is processed in another 30 days for a total of 58 days.
Should this be done at the start or can be done in the middle of an ongoing game?
(and if can be done, how can it be done?

dopplerprox

Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone knows the pass code for the research building on Mai Lynn Quest?
I keep failing hacks even tho I read all the science books.

Also what determined whether you get minimum/maximum stats from academy lessons and books?

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Does anyone knows the passcode for the research building on Mai Lynn Quest?
Have you tried to put a Techie (or several, not sure if they stack) as followers? And also have you made all the academic courses?

Also , you must go at night. Going during daylight hours put an extra penalty in your hacking attempts

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Should this be done at the start or can be done in the middle of an ongoing game?
(and if can be done, how can it be done?
You can do it anytime. Just go to options and then turn to the second page.

Also what determined whether you get minimum/maximum stats from academy lessons and books?
I think that one is randomized and resets every time you exit the building/place of interest.

As far as I know, there is no longer a minimum and a maximum stat gain from academy lessons and books. The Brainy trait affects it by giving you a tiny bit of extra stats (the exact percentage is stated in the description for the trait at character creation, 10%-20%). For example, if you can gain 5 charm from a book, 20% of 5 is 1, so you gain a total of 5+1 charm.

Reactions: bolondro2

dopplerprox

Dec 23, 2023
Have you tried to put a Techie (or several, not sure if they stack) as followers? And also have you made all the academic courses?

Also , you must go at night. Going during daylight hours put an extra penalty in your hacking attempts
I didn't know party member / day time effect the chances.
I'll give it a try.
thanks

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
Wait, what does "Risks: Other" mean in the Academy's Gymnastics and Performance?
Can my slaves going to get molested or something? Potentially escape?
What does it mean?

Reactions: harem.king

dopplerprox

Dec 23, 2023
You can do it anytime. Just go to options and then turn to the second page.

I think that one is randomized and resets every time you exit the building/place of interest.

As far as I know, there is no longer a minimum and a maximum stat gain from academy lessons and books. The Brainy trait affects it by giving you a tiny bit of extra stats (the exact percentage is stated in the description for the trait at character creation, 10%-20%). For example, if you can gain 5 charm from a book, 20% of 5 is 1, so you gain a total of 5+1 charm.
There is a minimum/maximum gain for course in academy. unless the display is still outdated.
And the difference is quite huge. for example Daria's science and math could range +1 int it +5 int/+2-+8 sci and +1-+15 gambling .
at least its what's being displayed.

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020

Did you buy the handheld computer I or II and have someone with the techie trait with you? I think the stats from the books were changed to a set number and your intelligence is used how many reading sessions you need, i.e. lower intel will take longer to read.

Catino

Nov 16, 2023

I had no idea about the penalty!

Btw, thanks for your sig, Klondike Camp is really well done and I had no idea it existed.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes