Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
So guys I noticed pregnancy is a free for all just like IRL. What is the point or benefit of marriage in this game now?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I care more for the Stokke fort stuff (bandit events) than the Marston fort events, as the former can lower control, while the later cannot, at least if I remember correctly. I only need the Marston Fort to get occupied, for the food market price increase. Also, if I remember my brief look at the global events correctly, some events are not triggered (and will be replaced by "business as usual" event) or their likelyhood is at least considerably reduced, if the skyguard count is very low (so to make it unlikely that the Skyguard number gets into the negative¹).

Concerning food prices, it all depends on the difference between minimum sell price with zero market stockpile and the maximum buy price with market food stockpile above 5000, if the market price speculation in a dying world initially is (or can be) profitable (provided one has enough cash on hand, which would be a whole lot more than in the normal settings). But I might find out in my current run (except for not having a way to reduce the remaining fusion power plants to zero, except maybe through save scumming to get the global event, which says that a fusion power plant is no longer working, several times and making sure that no research project which aims at restoring a fusion power plant will be started in between), as I have all intentions to eventually, through gracious donations (probably only coilguns, but maybe also automatic rifles) to the bandit faction, to drop the control value from around 30 to zero within one day (and then keep it near zero for the forseeable future). (My current mc is not the savior of Ikaanos but more the scourge/bane and the "house words/phrase" might be "Ceterum censeo Ikaanos esse delendam").

And if it is profitable, you can start market price manipulation once you have the food silo and enough cash at hand to buy all food from the market (and together with your current food stockpile, before buying from the market, is above 5000).

Again you do not wait for normal market price (and market stockpile) variations, but consider the market price fluctuation between the market stockpile being zero (selling prices) and the market price fluctuation, when the market has 5000 or more rations (buying prices). And look, whether there is a gap or not (both considering the worst case, sell price being on the low end and buy price being on the high end, and the best case, sell price being on the high end and buy price being on the low end).

And I already stated, that I do not know, if it is profitable in a dying world.

ps. And I am always playing Grimdark.

pps. Maybe just to find out I might make a game start in a dying world and give me enough food and cash at hand to be immediatly able to start manipulation and look at the variations with savegame scumming (but not today, maybe tomorrow), with no intentions to then really playing that game though (as I did not earn the cash or food, but just give me free stuff).

¹) Eventhough in my game this might just happen in the future as Skyguard has only about 2500 men left (except for marines etc., which are not displayed) and the event chains concerning the Rise of the Confederacy and the the Red Tide War have both not been triggered yet.
It's nice to see that the philosophy of old earth companies like Black rock lives on at Ikaanos :giggle:

I think that I just noticed an tiny show stopper in dying world. I have never seen any food available to buy in the market after the first few days. The only way that I have found to buy food is via the auto buy option, which I guess is rat burgers á la Demolition man.

Reactions: NoUseForAName3

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Science: uncapped, thanks to the Cases of Dexter Colt, otherwise the caps for repeated increases are (incomplete list, some repeated increases with low caps are not mentioned): 100 (Furry's tavern), 100 (Cigar Room in the Whitehaven Historical Society), 100 (event in Westside Assembly Plant, General Assembly Line), 130 (Marfeast, skill needs to be at exactly 128 to get to 130, as the event increases science by 2 and is only applied if the skill is 128 or lower).
Sidenote: There is a Marfest event increase that increases Academics by 2 and Science by 1 and is applied as long as Academics is 118 or less.

Academics: uncapped, thanks to the Cases of Dexter Colt, otherwise the caps for repeated increases are (incomplete list, some repeated increases with low caps are not mentioned):
80 (Furry's Tavern), 60 (Westside Assembly Plant), 100 (Film Night), 80 (Dockgrave Tavern, Carousing), 100 (Library use in Whitehaven's Historical Society), 80 (The Orient in the Palace District), 120 (Marfeast, skill needs to be 118 to be able to raise the skill to 120, as the academics is increase by 2 and increase is only applied if skill is 118 or lower).
What are the best (fastest) options to farm science and academics from rock bottom (~10), without books or courses?

Any significant costs involved?

I'm not anywhere close to need any improvement in those areas, yet, for my current play. I just want to plan ahead.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Can you only sell household slaves if you took the slaver background? I can't find a button at the slave market in CH that lets me sell one.
Also are bounties only from city hall?
Thanks!

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Can you only sell household slaves if you took the slaver background? I can't find a button at the slave market in CH that lets me sell one.
Also are bounties only from city hall?
Thanks!
You can take them to the slave auctions via the Actions tab in NPC Menu.

Reactions: Xythurr

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Possibly Westide Assembly Plant for Science (cap 100), but it is totally luck dependend and was an event if i rember correctly in the general assembly line (not sure if initial event or socializing event), Furrys also for Science (an initial event in round 2 and socializing afterwards, but even if you get the events, it is not guaranteed to get the increase), Dockgrave Tavern also for Science (Carousing, 1/8 chance for increase, cap 65).

For Academics: Sloppy Moes (cap 30, Moeday 5, first ingame day is moeday 3, if I remember correctly, and there seem to be 7 moedays), but Marston Fort needs to be cleared (do not know, if you get the increase for entering or you have to eat or drink), Furrys Tavern (Round 2 socializing, after the initial science increase event, cap 60; and an event in round 3, but you need to socialize), there is a walk with girl event, which can increase Academics to 40, again Dockgrave Tavern (Carousing, 1/8 chance for increase, to get the increase for finishing a whole carousing round, cap 80). There is also a campsite event (Listen to Lon), which can increase your Academics upto 70, but even if you listen to Lon you might not end up getting the increase (there are more possibilities what can happen, if i remember correctly).

But all of these events are luck dependent in one way or another.

The only non-luck dependent way is using the library and the cigar room in the historical society, but that has some initial costs and any other condition to be able to join might also not be meetable very early in a rise from the ashes start (with a dying world). Also there are quiet a lot of hours you would to spend there each day for a measly increase of just 1 in science/academics. So you might as well waste your time at moes/dockgrave/furrys in the evening or at night, when your stamina is low (and an honorable men would have already gone to bed ;-) ).

ps. Beware that socializing in round 3 at furrys can reduce your willpower by 1.

pps. Not sure if the clearing of the marston fort needs to be done at the day before or if it is enough that the marston fort gets cleared just before entering the sloppy moes.
Awesome thanks!

Historical society still sounds like the most efficient option. Night time is reserved for creation of infinite amounts of crossbow bolts in order to improve artisan and blacksmithing. There is no such thing as low stamina after spending every single training during the first 2 months on increasing it :)

caju

Oct 5, 2017
You can impregnate slaves mercs etc at will if you take them off birth control. You no longer need a wife to make babies. I was wondering what the perks of marriage in the game were.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
new "z-mark" trait in a recent update, is it some author's political statement?
Do you mind elaborating what political statement you are reading into it? Because as it stands the only one that can really be read into it by default is that foetal drug abuse has a small chance of giving you super powers which I presume the author doesn't believe is actually true.

fleshfan

May 31, 2018
Do you mind elaborating what political statement you are reading into it? Because as it stands the only one that can really be read into it by default is that foetal drug abuse has a small chance of giving you super powers which I presume the author doesn't believe is actually true.
just google "z mark russia" and it will be top search.
I assumed that author is somewhere from former eastern bloc country so it's unlikely a coincidence. Unless I'm wrong, hence the question.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
just google "z mark russia" and it will be top search.
I assumed that author is somewhere from former eastern bloc country so it's unlikely a coincidence. Unless I'm wrong, hence the question.
Maybe you should stay on topic and not bring political bullshit here?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes