bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Seems to be working as intended.

I can not argue with the designer if he says "that it works as intended". Another matter it´s if " as intended it´s the proper way.

Prostitutes add to the overall tavern income - which is based solely on reputation, a stat they also help raise.
Here are some raw data. Using the skip day button..

Day 216.- Tavern maxed. Rep 760. Doyle, 7 workers and 7 prostitutes. Chaos factor, 1.
Day 226.- REp 804

Day 216.- Tavern maxed, Rep 760. Doyle Alone. Whores disabled (after all, I have none asssigned and 150$ saved in bribes it´s something) Chaos factor 4.-
Day 226.- REp 801

I don´t see here a big downside effect. If fact, I will dare to say that it´s well in the variability of ten random rolls on each side. And we are talking about the effect of 14 slaves/servants working on the tavern. 140 man/days. Seems that the hosts or waiters or performers are not needed at all to keep the things rolling

The whole effect ( if any) can be compensate with a 30% of a 2 hours carousing action (on average, +10), or 36 minutes of the MC time.

I can not argue with the designer if he says "that it works as intended".

Dismissing workers won't suddenly stop people from coming. That would be unrealistic.

What happens, however, with just Doyle working there, is a slowly deteriorating Reputation value as there are no hosts or bouncers to mitigate Chaos and no waiters that'll help raising Reputation.

The income falls together with that plummeting Rep value.

But are this results the results intended?

Last edited:
Reactions: tsap

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
will try it again next time. last time all i got was that the changed save file was corrupted.
Actually, no, forget all that. I found it. Check your save file. There is a line in there that says "slavtest": 1,

Delete all that. The entire line, including the spaces between it and the left side of the screen. This entire thing in blue here. It resets the whole fight.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 072803.png

Reactions: Daxter250

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
Did anyone solve a way to regenerate or create serums option? So black box near free beer tavern area, is it possible a way to regenerate that serum versus use that one time?
Or growth serum on your own? I'd like to play this, but these are 2 means that kind put me not playing mood.
Sending your adult child to gladiator ring to be warrior, or proficient new healer? Or send her or him to a new colonist mission that least dangerous.

Are there options: like fortune-teller inform player good or bad? A weekly event would be helpful for bad events and avoid going places in game would be game over sequences.

I am wondering about this, instead of whore house is there way: it could hotel or green house option?
Hotel would be beneficial income, green house option means food that is grown fresh and sold in many markets. But requires workers type is question? Children, or adults, females, or you get the picture. I was thinking children would get scholarship to academy. Adults would get improvement of life.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Actually, no, forget all that. I found it. Check your save file. There is a line in there that says "slavtest": 1,

Delete all that. The entire line, including the spaces between it and the left side of the screen. This entire thing in blue here. It resets the whole fight.

View attachment 3478953
can confirm this works.

1711419303251.png

poor daniel and bjorn... getting shot by my 50 cal sniper army :BootyTime:

thanks for the help, guys!

You can reset the POI. I got this from the Discord channel:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not positive it will work, but give it a try.
this should probably do the same. basically changing that slavtest variable to blank more or less.

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
Anyone knows how to modify the capture mechanic to allow more than 1 slave/gender/fight to be captured?
I've been fiddling with start_game using np++ but so far I only managed to get more than 1 enemy/gender knocked out, end results still show only 1 enemy to capture.

IZ2bSA80

Dec 25, 2017
Are suggestions accepted by any chance? And if they are, is there a thread for it or something?
I've thought about a few things since I started playing (first time 0.8.3h so Idk much about how the game was before that)

DenBover

Jun 19, 2018
She it´s not an slave anymore. She is now a servant of the lowest rank. If you lover her willpower you can convince her to become your slave.

Mind you, there are not a big difference between how can you behave with an slave and how can you behave with a low level servant, so it´s not a big deal.
My morning wake up calls beg to differ, but thanks for the info. What's the reason for that change? The circumstances of recruiting her aren't dissimilar to Juno, and you can grab her just fine.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
What are Doyle's Charisma, INT and Extroverted Trait value?

I did add some high rep low worker penalties in A2.3, however.
Charisma 60, INT 81, extroverted 0 (we came from a save from previous version and he don´t have the trait) for an effective barkeeper skill of 80

May I suggest that the penalties should be harsh?. I have been working all my live in the restoration business (in kitchen, but you learn something of the business, all around). 75% of the revenue of a Restaurant/bar/tavern/pub come from 25% of the customers, the regular ones. People that came every day, every week, or at least a couple of times a month. If your usually 7-crew business go to 1 man show, in two weeks you are death. May be you can gaslight them the first time it happens, but if they return and it happens again, they are gone. They will not return, and even if you goes back to regular operations, you are going to have a very hard time recovering them. And should be nice that instead of showing only Doyle barkeeper skill the Taverna management page shows the barkeeper skill AND the Tavern effective skill or, if the mechanics are different, if the tavern it´s undermanned

An also, in real life, the income should not depend only of the reputation. The reputation can give you the max income, but not the effective income. A 7-crew dinner can make may be 120 servings in a watch. And yes, if you have 10 workers you are not going to earn more money, and if you have 5 may be you can keep the income and just have a rep hit (the servings are slow, the food it´s served cold and things are, in general not so nice). But if you go down to 1 man show, you are going to be lucky if you make 20 servings. Most of the people will be tired of wait unattended for an hour, and they would rise and move away leaving you zero income. Can I suggest a reduction on income if the tavern go below half the optimum crew? Something in this line?

1 to half: Rep half, rep hit and income reduction
half to optimum: Rep hit.
Over the optimum: Small rep bonus (you are not going to get more income, but the attention to your customers would be better)

Last edited:
Reactions: NoUseForAName3

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
My morning wake up calls beg to differ, but thanks for the info. What's the reason for that change? The circumstances of recruiting her aren't dissimilar to Juno, and you can grab her just fine.
The situation are not dissimilar to Juno, but are not exactly the same. You find Juno as an Slave girl an when you find Michelle she is a free woman (albeit one in a very bad situation). One it´s handcuffed and half naked in the middle of the street and the other have a roof ( a bad one, but a roof) over her head in the Westside

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Are suggestions accepted by any chance? And if they are, is there a thread for it or something?
I've thought about a few things since I started playing (first time 0.8.3h so Idk much about how the game was before that)
Yes. Sometimes.
You can try here or go to the discord channel.

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
If you are not familiar with programming, I would advise against trying to do it.
And actually editing the html, so that a second male/female can be knocked out, is the easiest part (and then actually knocking out multiple captures would - at least initially - only result in the newer "capture data" overwriting the older "capture data"). More complicated is the rest. And describing what you need to do and to what you need to pay attention to might actually take me more time than actually modding my html file to allow me to capture all enemies in a fight (and add them to the "capture slots", if enough capture slots are empty).

You would need to edit the CombatEngine, LootRoom, the "html-view" (in the LootRoom) so that multiple males (or females) are displayed there and can be added etc. All the while making sure, that you do not break something.
Yes, well, I have already tried so might as well keep it up, who knows, I might just learn something and become better. But what's the point of telling me "I could do it but I won't and also you shouldn't try either"? If you don't feel like helping, then just don't.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes