simon247

Jan 1, 2020
I've been heavily modding my game in simpler ways, but I'm now stuck on trying to accomplish a particular new thing:
I'm trying to add a new button to the "Talk" menu, that would change a couple of stats, inform about the stat changes on a new screen, and go back to the talk screen. I've been looking at the existing interactions already in the code to try and replicate them, but the code seems to be jumping all over the place for this particular thing to a pretty extreme extent!

What's getting me is that the attributes for "actions" are heavily reused, overwritten, and referenced by too many other functions all around the code. It's giving me a headache at this point in that I'm unable to map out the chain of the logic to figure out which lines are relevant to this goal, and which ones are attached to completely unrelated functionality (I bet Grim must sometimes feel the same way about that particular piece!). For context, it looks like there are pieces that call on attributes declared and changed numerous times across tens of thousands of rows of code apart, that are also used by unrelated functionality relying on them having a certain value at a certain unrelated time! Trying to mess with that, I'm nearly guaranteed to break something else.

Can I just set my unique action attribute, add the button, add the "ifs" and "sets" for desired attribute changes, and have a clean and "stand-alone" interaction code that works that I could move across game versions? With new attributes, with functionality contained in one or two sections of the code, so down the line I don't need to hunt down scattered pieces of code to be adjusted.

I know it's a bigger ask, but would it be possible to get a sample code of how I would go about it?

edit: Figured it out by adding new functionality to the "Actions" menus, as execommands all live in one convenient section of the code and are far cleaner. It's the way to go if you want your own buttons and resulting actions that affect the NPC (including pregnancy status, which is what led me on this quest), the world, politics, and the like in a more immersive manner (without relying on the console cheats).

edit2: also, there's an error in the code saying "$woolbus" instead of "$wroolbus" in 8.3e at least. So control isn't being reduced when the investment is made.

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Important changes in the wiki. Not sure if have been implemented in the latest version (0.831 a2) or if it´s a case of the wiki being ahead of the current version. For sure, not in the public 0.83 h.

Convicts are slaves that've done such ghastly deeds that their masters have the full right to either execute or severely punish them whenever he feels the need to do so.
Work assignments
-10 Discipline when assigned to workshops, if Affection is Friendly or lower.
Combat
-10 Chance to hit in combat if Affection is Friendly or lower and their Health is above 15.

That´s hard. That means that you can not use Rebeca or Kate as a combat companion, (well, you can use them, but with a -10 penaly), and bringing them to Amiable can be a hard nut to crack. And also, all the captured girls are convicts, and usually have a starting discipline of 25, so better you pay a lot of attention to her well being of your nice and expensive workshops can be a piece of junk. And upgrade their status it´s not an option, with a -1000 influence cost per convict

Slaves are men and women who've entered slavery either because of starvation, a petty crime, their own free will or through birth.

Work assignments
-5 Discipline when assigned to workshops, if Affection is Friendly or lower.
Same concept but a bit lighter.

Not against this changes. In real life, slave work was lot less efficient that freeman work, but it´s a big change that the players need to be aware off

Should be nice to have a confirmation of in which version would these changes were implemented in.

AL0694

Aug 20, 2021
Atheism for the chance-based willpower increase. I will be back to Aesir when it is done.
I have the urchin quest done.
how do u trigger the urchin quest and complete it.

Also apart from prestige, is their any benifit for marrying every female.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Important changes in the wiki. Not sure if have been implemented in the latest version (0.831 a2) or if it´s a case of the wiki being ahead of the current version. For sure, not in the public 0.83 h.

That´s hard. That means that you can not use Rebeca or Kate as a combat companion, (well, you can use them, but with a -10 penaly), and bringing them to Amiable can be a hard nut to crack. And also, all the captured girls are convicts, and usually have a starting discipline of 25, so better you pay a lot of attention to her well being of your nice and expensive workshops can be a piece of junk. And upgrade their status it´s not an option, with a -1000 influence cost per convict

Same concept but a bit lighter.

Not against this changes. In real life, slave work was lot less efficient that freeman work, but it´s a big change that the players need to be aware off

Should be nice to have a confirmation of in which version would these changes were implemented in.
These changes came in with 0.8.3 as I understand as part of the household NPC merger. It can effect the immediate viability of certain social classes in some roles, but given it just affection gates some penalties it just tends to delay being able to use them in those roles in my experience.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Speaking of wiki changes, this feels new to 0.8.3: A Malevolent slave with Willpower above 30 has a 5% chance to increase this trait (Dominant) with one point per day. My Aria now has 4 points of Dominant and will probably mess with happiness management.
Perfectionist
This NPC does everything with extreme devotion and will not settle with half-measures. He or she can be a pain to homeschool (-20 focus) but gains a higher skill yield' in return.
  • Effects: An additional +2 Influence if assigned as maid. Has a 1% chance of raising a random skill once per day. Starts with a +10 Discipline boost.
  • How to increase: NPCs that have an assigned Title, Discipline 60+, Happiness 50+ and Willpower 25+ has a 50% chance to raise his or her Perfectionist Trait with one point.
Is nanny a title? I'm gonna nanny farm my production workers.

Oh, there are definitly codelines for a nymphomanic or perverted slave master/mistress to increase sexual skills (but for analxp it seems it has to be a slave master), but the virgin girl would definitly get some pussywear
I run an uncorrupted household. Eliana has ~30 corruption so there's no line in the slavemistress description that says "Will use a slave sexually". I do not think there will be wear caused by her.

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
how do u trigger the urchin quest and complete it.

Also apart from prestige, is their any benifit for marrying every female.
I have not married anyone. I suspect my wife cannot be assigned to a slavemistress, just like my children and servants. And I need her to. It's the one surefire way I can increase their anal xp easily as well as accelerate their discipline gain for free. The whole 4 BJ, 4 vaginal, 4 anal button presses per sex session does not work for several of my girls. For one, the make out option that extends my "bed stamina" is not present on some of them. I do not know what the wife function adds, the wiki is nebulous on that, and I do not want to lose the flexibility of using slavemistresses until I have exhausted all possible upgrades they can give to a specific girl. Plus Aria is in my shortlist for marriage purely because she is a Bianchi. Her warfame is 800+. I suspect if I touch her status, she will become a paragon and make the whole upgraded from slavery irreversible in case I need to make her status "slave" again for some important quest reason. (I heard a servant Caitlin bricked her quest because she needs to be a slave to access the lab).

Manually adding the line "killurch": 99 procs the urchin event finale back in 0.8.2 as far as I know. I think it was Grim who posted that. When manually adding in saveedit, the lack of spacing is important.
masters of raana killurch.png

I do not know if console commands work but if it does, it probably goes like this

SugarCube.State.active.variables.killurch = 99

As always, save beforehand.

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
ps. The only household stat (in my game) that is currently always above the cap is contentment, ie. gain of 11-14 points after the stat is set back to the 200 cap (at midnight), so one npc driving down happiness might not do much, if you have otherwise enough happy and loving npcs in your household. And that was already the case before I did start the pool parties. Eventhough you might want to make sure that your household is luxurious enough to give some contentment boost.
True. I should be more concerned with her lowering willpower in the willpower to willpower checks apparently going on in the background. Oh well, Compliment ---> Intelligence is effective in solving that. Guess I do not have to do the unthinkable and bring her willpower to 0 to remove it.

Nevertheless, I should try to stop her from having more points in Dominant in case I need to remove it in the future. Willpower 25-29 should be easy to maintain.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Very few slaves are comparable in effectiveness for combat to a merc anyway. IMO, the main reason to take slaves into combat is to boost their respect to 20. You can go higher than 20 but 20 is easy to get to and makes most interactions with them from then on easier. So I prefer to do that with literally everyone in my house.

In real life, slave work was lot less efficient that freeman work, but it´s a big change that the players need to be aware off

Convict status has some effect but the main considerations for workshops IMO are having your low willpower slaves boosted by a head maid and/or slave mistress that boosts discipline. Ideally you want as many people as possible to be workaholics, but unless you save scum you can only grind that out on the girls, and I haven't tested that process in the latest versions to see if it still works. It takes a REALLY long time.

When you combine both head maid and slave mistress effects, you can boost a slave from 20 discipline to around 70 in a somewhat reasonable time, but it's very tough to get much higher than that without workaholic. With workaholic 100 is guaranteed relatively quickly so even with a small penalty for being a convict they're still pretty good.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
1711228382568.png

First taste of My tavern. A tavern that it´s a bit strange. No one works in the kitchen (Str + domestic). But if any rascal try to look for problems my 5 bouncers can make mincemeat of him. soring the tavern have been a bit strsgul. Its a bit like a workshop, with the Bartender (Michel) playing the role of foreman. But, a difference that with the Workshops that are Discipline-Centric, here there are diverse roles that ask for different combos of stats and Skills. It´s the opening night, so I´m not sure how this will work (or not) ...

The combos are
Bartender. Extroverted + Charisma + Int. Age and Fame gives bonus points, and Anselm and Mr Doyle have extra bonus... points. Michele it´s just a place holder for Mr Doiyle, who is finishing his "getting 80 in melee" Quest
Charisma + Domestic (assigned as a waiter)
Strength + Domestic (assigned as busboy, kitchen personnel, sadly lacking on my Household)
Strenght + Melee (assigned as bouncer) . Plenty of this at home...
Charisma + Performance (assigned as bouncer). Adds chaos, but I believe that I have enough Order Personal
Charisma + Admin (assigned as Host) Sadly again, I have no one..

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
How do you get the Burglar redhead event to fire? I have multiple guards at the premises yet the event never fired . what gives?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
How do you get the Burglar redhead event to fire? I have multiple guards at the premises yet the event never fired . what gives?
It is under layers of RNG so it can be tricky. Once you get a conclude day event where your guard caught someone, anyone (I think it is 5 different possible people, four of them random unnamed NPCs like urchin or old man), you can reload that save over and over until you get Kelly.

Reactions: megamanx06

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It is under layers of RNG so it can be tricky. Once you get a conclude day event where your guard caught someone, anyone (I think it is 5 different possible people, four of them random unnamed NPCs like urchin or old man), you can reload that save over and over until you get Kelly.
Also there's more than 1 version for Kelly. The only version where you can actually acquire her is the one where there is an enslave option. With so many different versions it can take a LONG time unless you F5 it to guarantee that your guards catch a female and that there is an enslave option.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Is there a goal to decrease city control through news office? Would rebels take over the city?
Yes. You could get ambushed when moving through the world and red enemy icons would appear in places like the church or Nika's clothes (disabling these places until you clear them up), the armor store, near the academy, block off Marston ave access until you either pay them or beat them, etc.

Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
Yes. You could get ambushed when moving through the world and red enemy icons would appear in places like the church or Nika's clothes (disabling these places until you clear them up), the armor store, near the academy, block off Marston ave access until you either pay them or beat them, etc.
So no positives to reduce control then? :) Should i change political influence to something else than rebel?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
So no positives to reduce control then?
A lot more people to fight, kill, or capture if that is your thing. One of the groups is composed of three girls (swordmaster, bandit, bandit girl) and a guy. You can only capture one girl and one guy per fight but there could be multiple of this group. That's how I got 5 of my factory workers. The low prosperity that can come with it makes food cost 100% more too so you can sell your food for around $9, a ~100% price increase. Decent income for the early game if you took the hunting path with gardens growing food inside your house.

Jun 10, 2022
Is there a goal to decrease city control through news office? Would rebels take over the city?
From wiki: Anarchist: Activates if Nicole's Corruption is 40+, her WILLPOWER is 60+ and your Household Emancipation value is 50+. Tries to decrease Control and increase Corruption.

This what you're looking for?

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes