Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
Only with v8.3.2 (according to GD-Studios post - post 10864 in this thread) there will be the conclusion of the Aria questchain and from the post I deduce, that with that version 8.3.2 it will be possible for the Rebels to come into control (a few variations of global events with Rebels as ruler are in the html code since at least v8.2.3c, but are not used as Rebels are currently never in control).

And then while the wiki currently states that an authoritarian Nicole would always try to increase city control, I am not so sure, that this will still be the case in v8.3.2, when the Rebels are really in control. (But this is pure speculation.).
I wonder what would it mean to have rebels in control. Slavery abolition?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Well, how Aria will behave as a ruler surely would depend oh how Aria is. And may be depend also in what path she and the MC uses to overthrow the current government (brute force vs cunning alliances, may be?)

But I´m quite sure that MY Aria will pursue her own agenda, and do what she though need to be done, and don´t give a fig about the MC tell her. And if the MC tell her that he is very disappointed and she will be severely punished, she will smile and say "Mmmm, honey, you sure know how to reward a girl after a hard day wok!!!" (high will, high love and high corruption)

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
View attachment 3472271

First taste of My tavern. A tavern that it´s a bit strange. No one works in the kitchen (Str + domestic). But if any rascal try to look for problems my 5 bouncers can make mincemeat of him. soring the tavern have been a bit strsgul. Its a bit like a workshop, with the Bartender (Michel) playing the role of foreman. But, a difference that with the Workshops that are Discipline-Centric, here there are diverse roles that ask for different combos of stats and Skills. It´s the opening night, so I´m not sure how this will work (or not) ...

The combos are
Bartender. Extroverted + Charisma + Int. Age and Fame gives bonus points, and Anselm and Mr Doyle have extra bonus... points. Michele it´s just a place holder for Mr Doiyle, who is finishing his "getting 80 in melee" Quest
Charisma + Domestic (assigned as a waiter)
Strength + Domestic (assigned as busboy, kitchen personnel, sadly lacking on my Household)
Strenght + Melee (assigned as bouncer) . Plenty of this at home...
Charisma + Performance (assigned as bouncer). Adds chaos, but I believe that I have enough Order Personal
Charisma + Admin (assigned as Host) Sadly again, I have no one..
Well, I can drawn some (surprising) conclusions. I´m not sure if at this moment in the latest version ( 0.831A2) the tavern it´s fully implemented yet.

I have made some dry runs. Make the tavern, no upgrades at all, appoint some crew, and let it work alone during 12 days, using the end of day button a couple of times. I made the run with Doyle as a bartender alone, with a reduced crew (Doyle + 4) and with a full crew (Doyle +10) and see what happens.

And curiously, the best result have been with Doyle alone. After the 10 days run, he have raised the Rep of the tavern to 50-70
followed by Doyle with a Full Crew (45-54) and last with a reduced crew (top result 40).

Mind you, using the action of Carousing by the MC it´s really important. Each carousing action rises the Rep of the tavern by 5-20, based in a Charm roll. Takes 2hours, you can make 3 per day and your followers get a +1 happiness. Even in the best case, the average rise of Rep of the tavern have been 6 points a day, so one carousing per day can speed the growing of your tavern by a big amount.

I have the intuition that somehow there are a relation between the rep of the tavern (it goes from 0/1000) and the number of workers that can be working effectively on it. May be the tavern works better with Doyle alone in the 0-99, with one worker in 100-199 and so on.

I will keep you informed !

Last edited:

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Someone already replied earlier to you to try his method (page 502):

Go to saveedit, find the captured slaves line (control + F, type in everything in the brackets except the brackers ["taken":]), replace the attributes there with something like this:

"taken": {
"slot1": {
"state": 1,
"name": "VALKYRIA",
"age": 19,
"will": 49,
"comb": 55,
"wear": 0,
"body": 2,
"id": 128
},

For example, you find this line

"slot1": {
"state": 0,
"name": "BANDIT",
"age": 32,
"will": 73,
"comb": 31,
"wear": 20,
"body": 6,
"id": 1

Replace each number with the specific number in the Valkyria line above. Then copy her name.

If this slot is an empty slot (you will know because it says "state":0 instead of "state"1), do not forget to change the value in the "takensl": code. If you had 5 captured slaves in your game and you add Valkyria to an empty slot, change the number in "takensl": 5 to 6.
i cant get it to work for the life of me.
that shit is seriously confusing.

IZ2bSA80

Dec 25, 2017
Finally solved that cipher from the 'breath of the past' tavern quest and damn I gotta say that was one heck of a sneaky way to go about it, like about as unexpected as Caitlyn's clinic. The reward was definitely worth the trouble though.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

MrFingers

Nov 19, 2020
Hey all. I'm a bit confused as I was playing a version last week that had a detailed house layout where you can purchase furniture and bookshelves and build a shrine and a dojo and when I went to play the game again it didn't have any of those options and seemed like an older version. Can any wise Master shed some light on what in the world might have happened?

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Hey all. I'm a bit confused as I was playing a version last week that had a detailed house layout where you can purchase furniture and bookshelves and build a shrine and a dojo and when I went to play the game again it didn't have any of those options and seemed like an older version. Can any wise Master shed some light on what in the world might have happened?
When you launch the game it tells you what version you're playing, should be 8.3h. If it's not check the folder where you extract the zip files to and you might find you have two M.O.R games there

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Why isn't Michelle a slave anymore? Don't think I did anything different when recruiting her.
She it´s not an slave anymore. She is now a servant of the lowest rank. If you lover her willpower you can convince her to become your slave.

Mind you, there are not a big difference between how can you behave with an slave and how can you behave with a low level servant, so it´s not a big deal.

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I´m not sure if at this moment in the latest version ( 0.831A2) the tavern it´s fully implemented yet.
****************************************************************************************************
****************************************************************************************************
I have the intuition that somehow there are a relation between the rep of the tavern (it goes from 0/1000) and the number of workers that can be working effectively on it. May be the tavern works better with Doyle alone in the 0-99, with one worker in 100-199 and so on.

I will keep you informed !
Well, I have made some interesting findings. I I can reaffirm myself in my first statement. I´m almost sure that the features of the tavern are not fully implemented yet or it´s bugged.

I start my run as I said. Doyle Alone, helping him with carousing and increasing the roll of the tavern as the reputation goes up. Makes sense, if your tavern it´s unknown, makes no sense to have a big payroll, sitting bored waiting for the 4 customer of the day to come in. As your name grow, you increase your crew. And man, it worked like a charm!!!

If you remember, letting Doyle alone and making a dry run the best result I get at day 12 was Rep +70.Well, with a carousing help and increasing the payroll of the tavern the self increase of the reputation of the tavern gets to 70 not after 12 days, but just after six. Then I have a lull, going down to no increase or small ones when I crossed the barrier of 200 till 350 rep, but that was solved introducing gambling and whoring. I suspect that you must introduce one of them when you cross the 200 and the other the 300 threshold. Every thing was all right, and I was making roughly 100-120$ of profit per worker, with a basic tavern with no upgrades. May be not great, but not bad at all, I will say...

And then, things start to get south.

First of all, I send some whores to the tavern. The red shoes icon ones. Well, they have the red shoe icon. They are full service, they are corruption 60+, they have no other job, and they appear in the tavern management roll. And by chance, Icanos crossed at this moment the 75 corruption mark, so no need to pay the pesky 150$ bribe, nice!. But I get no significant increase in the tavern income, and I get no income in the business management page under the line whores.

And then, the second puzzling event. The run was made in a Grimdark, Dying word with very low control and one day the control went down to Anarchy. Well, good science requires to keep things consistent, so I assembly a hunter-killer group and went out of home to clean these pesky red puppets and bring Ikanos from Anarchy to mere Disorder. And in the Hunter killer group, as a followers, I have 2 of the 4 tavern workers, Aiko and the Ex-Arena champion. And I forgot to dismiss my followers before hitting the end of day button, so I went from a Tavern with Doyle+4 workers to a Tavern with Doyle and just two workers. And then I visit the tavern expecting to see a significant reduction of the income. But no. The income have remained the same, or in the same ballpark (there are an element of randomness in the tavern income). Well, then I make a try. Remove all the workers and let Doyle alone. The income remains the same, give or take. Some ends of day rolls confirmed it. Having workers in the tavern don´t affect at all ( or at least not in a significant manner) your income at this moment.

So, or I´m missing something very obvious that it´s on my face, or the system it´s not fully implemented yet, or there are a big, nasty bug buggering the things....

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
i cant get it to work for the life of me.
that shit is seriously confusing.
I think there is still a simple console command for respawning the Valkyria fight.

As for the method mentioned in that post, capture someone, anyone. Save to disk, open the file in saveedit, find their name (control + F). Then do a 1 to 1 edit.

"name": whatever their name is, change it to "VALKYRIA",

Now go down the rest of the variables.

"age": whatever their age number is, delete it, change it to "19",

"will": whatever their number here, replace it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Daxter250

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Well, I have made some interesting findings. I I can reaffirm myself in my first statement. I´m almost sure that the features of the tavern are not fully implemented yet or it´s bugged.

I start my run as I said. Doyle Alone, helping him with carousing and increasing the roll of the tavern as the reputation goes up. Makes sense, if your tavern it´s unknown, makes no sense to have a big payroll, sitting bored waiting for the 4 customer of the day to come in. As your name grow, you increase your crew. And man, it worked like a charm!!!

If you remember, letting Doyle alone and making a dry run the best result I get at day 12 was Rep +70.Well, with a carousing help and increasing the payroll of the tavern the self increase of the reputation of the tavern gets to 70 not after 12 days, but just after six. Then I have a lull, going down to no increase or small ones when I crossed the barrier of 200 till 350 rep, but that was solved introducing gambling and whoring. I suspect that you must introduce one of them when you cross the 200 and the other the 300 threshold. Every thing was all right, and I was making roughly 100-120$ of profit per worker, with a basic tavern with no upgrades. May be not great, but not bad at all, I will say...

And then, things start to get south.

First of all, I send some whores to the tavern. The red shoes icon ones. Well, they have the red shoe icon. They are full service, they are corruption 60+, they have no other job, and they appear in the tavern management roll. And by chance, Icanos crossed at this moment the 75 corruption mark, so no need to pay the pesky 150$ bribe, nice!. But I get no significant increase in the tavern income, and I get no income in the business management page under the line whores.

And then, the second puzzling event. The run was made in a Grimdark, Dying word with very low control and one day the control went down to Anarchy. Well, good science requires to keep things consistent, so I assembly a hunter-killer group and went out of home to clean these pesky red puppets and bring Ikanos from Anarchy to mere Disorder. And in the Hunter killer group, as a followers, I have 2 of the 4 tavern workers, Aiko and the Ex-Arena champion. And I forgot to dismiss my followers before hitting the end of day button, so I went from a Tavern with Doyle+4 workers to a Tavern with Doyle and just two workers. And then I visit the tavern expecting to see a significant reduction of the income. But no. The income have remained the same, or in the same ballpark (there are an element of randomness in the tavern income). Well, then I make a try. Remove all the workers and let Doyle alone. The income remains the same, give or take. Some ends of day rolls confirmed it. Having workers in the tavern don´t affect at all ( or at least not in a significant manner) your income at this moment.

So, or I´m missing something very obvious that it´s on my face, or the system it´s not fully implemented yet, or there are a big, nasty bug buggering the things....

Seems to be working as intended.

Prostitutes add to the overall tavern income - which is based solely on reputation, a stat they also help raise.

Dismissing workers won't suddenly stop people from coming. That would be unrealistic.

What happens, however, with just Doyle working there, is a slowly deteriorating Reputation value as there are no hosts or bouncers to mitigate Chaos and no waiters that'll help raising Reputation.

The income falls together with that plummeting Rep value.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I think there is still a simple console command for respawning the Valkyria fight.

As for the method mentioned in that post, capture someone, anyone. Save to disk, open the file in saveedit, find their name (control + F). Then do a 1 to 1 edit.

"name": whatever their name is, change it to "VALKYRIA",

Now go down the rest of the variables.

"age": whatever their age number is, delete it, change it to "19",

"will": whatever their number here, replace it.
will try it again next time. last time all i got was that the changed save file was corrupted.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes