khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Did Grim change it to automatic? In previous versions, I've killed enemies that I was trying to capture with the cane whip.
In every version I've played so far the cane whip is either a 0% chance to capture or a 100% chance depending on whether the enemy is scripted to be uncaptureable or not. There are some you can't capture no matter what. The boss/primary target in a bounty for instance is impossible to capture no matter what you do. But everyone else in a bounty fight is capture able. So if you use a whip on the boss you will fail 100% of the time. There are some enemies that spawn around town that are also not capture able as well as certain quest enemies. I don't have a list of which ones are like that.

Reactions: Fauno36
Jun 10, 2022
In every version I've played so far the cane whip is either a 0% chance to capture or a 100% chance depending on whether the enemy is scripted to be uncaptureable or not. There are some you can't capture no matter what. The boss/primary target in a bounty for instance is impossible to capture no matter what you do. But everyone else in a bounty fight is capture able. So if you use a whip on the boss you will fail 100% of the time. There are some enemies that spawn around town that are also not capture able as well as certain quest enemies. I don't have a list of which ones are like that.
Ya, then you were lucky. I'll try on the tier 4 version today, but I've definitely killed with cane when trying to capture, then reloaded save before combat and captured the same slave on multiple previous versions.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
From the wiki on the slave hunters page.

Incapacitation chance
  • Base: 5%
  • Fists: +80%
  • Whipping cane: +85%
  • Combat staff: +70%
  • Sledgehammer: +35%
  • Knife/sword: +15%
  • Great sword: +15%
  • Firearms: -3%
  • Heavy firearms: -4%
So, if we take this at face value, using a whipping cane gives you a 90% chance of incapacitating an enemy taken to zero health by it. (Barring the immunity conferred to some enemies like bounty targets)
So this would explain why some people are getting enemies killed on hit, there is a 10% chance of it killing even when using the whipping cane.

So why the disparity in experience then?
Well if we remember the Manhunter trait, which confers another +15% chance to incapacitate then this takes the final total up to 105% chance to incapacitate, so it may well be that the people who are reporting certain captures opted to take the trait while those who occasionally have a capturable character die on them did not, falling victim to the 10% chance of death they would be subject to without the trait.

Obviously there may be something I am missing here, but I think it explains things?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Combat staff: +70%
I use combat staff for everything.
It very rarely fails to capture.
On the rare occasion it does kill someone I want, I reload save and fight again.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Incapacitation chance
  • Base: 5%
  • Fists: +80%
  • Whipping cane: +85%
  • Combat staff: +70%
  • Sledgehammer: +35%
  • Knife/sword: +15%
  • Great sword: +15%
  • Firearms: -3%
  • Heavy firearms: -4%
So, if we take this at face value, using a whipping cane gives you a 90% chance of incapacitating an enemy taken to zero health by it. (Barring the immunity conferred to some enemies like bounty targets)
So this would explain why some people are getting enemies killed on hit, there is a 10% chance of it killing even when using the whipping cane.

So why the disparity in experience then?
Well if we remember the Manhunter trait, which confers another +15% chance to incapacitate then this takes the final total up to 105% chance to incapacitate, so it may well be that the people who are reporting certain captures opted to take the trait while those who occasionally have a capturable character die on them did not, falling victim to the 10% chance of death they would be subject to without the trait.

Obviously there may be something I am missing here, but I think it explains things?
Well in my case I had the same experience before the Manhunter trait existed but I do pick that trait in every game now, primarily to improve my chance of capture with a greatsword. For a game emphasizing slaves so heavily it just makes sense to me to maximize my chance of captures. Maybe I've been lucky. Maybe the chances have been tweaked from earlier versions, not sure. The only times I fail captures is if I accidentally use someone who is using something other than a whip.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Well in my case I had the same experience before the Manhunter trait existed but I do pick that trait in every game now, primarily to improve my chance of capture with a greatsword. For a game emphasizing slaves so heavily it just makes sense to me to maximize my chance of captures. Maybe I've been lucky. Maybe the chances have been tweaked from earlier versions, not sure. The only times I fail captures is if I accidentally use someone who is using something other than a whip.
Obviously I can only speak from experience and I have rarely had the whipping cane fail and instead kill and enemy who as far as I know didn't have immunity, but only when my character didn't have manhunter.
So my best guess would just be that you having it never fail was just luck, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility after all as the odds are very much in your favour with a 90% success chance. Over the whole playerbase it is plausible that someone had a very good run on good luck in that regard and it just happened to be you.
Moot point either way now as like you said, you use Manhunter on your characters now, so you get guaranteed captures on the whip at this point regardless.

devil999LEXX

Feb 5, 2021
what this game need is posibility to buy EVERTHING in bulk , crafting materials is very nice, but it is still incovient if you want to buy bigger amounts of weapons, ammo..etc, especialy if you just got acces to beeter shop and want to rearm yur guards/companions.
or you just need to shop big for some donations to desired factions.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
About Kelly´s quest:

Ok. I have not demolished the pile of crap that it´s spoiling my nice courtyard and Kelly have appeared and been captured. Nice and fine.

Now I must find the bloody thing that the moron of my brother lost on it. It´s a two hours, 10 fatigue task, so not a small thing, and seem that use f5 don´t help at all.

Anyone knows if the appearing of the dammed idol it´s scripted (ie: appears in the 17 search), probability tied (Ie 4% of chance per search) or sorted otherwise? Any way to make it easy? I don´t mind making some search, but after 2 days fully devoted to this action, I´m not a big fan of expending my days clearing a pile of debris.

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
Hi folks,

yesterday I finally had the guts to upgrade from 8.2. While I really like all the new features like especially the new house I must say I am a little sadf that the morning blowjobs seem to have been cut.

I can understand that people mith have thought them to be repetetive but they were optional before. So I donßt know why they would have been reduced.

If I understand it correct I now can only assign one slave to do it. I have 2 slaves added as favourite and I have 3 sleeping with me in the bed. Do you know if this is changed back to more than one again in the future? All the text for it used to be implemented so why did they take it out?

I also had 2 slaves with a lesbian devotion of 20 which occasionally where kissing each each other during the scene. This was set to 0 after the upgrade. Does anyone know the background why this happened?

I still love the game as is but I am really hoping for those scenes to come back!!!

WinkJeck

Dec 7, 2017
You can try this method: https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-3h-grimdark.100207/post-13050833

As for saveeditonline, there are stats from the old version that are holdover. Try to control + F "Bianchi". You will see two versions. The last one is the real one. Looks like this:
View attachment 3491248
i finaly found it, rework version code specific each member in the house hold name and everything, confusing at first then i found the way PS: thank for the help mate

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Re: scrap pile

It is the only way I know one can go above 150 melee combat stat. I have 151 now, from clearing that debris pile.

Also, how many books are there for the crafting training? Only two? I see two more book entries in my save file, craftbook3 and craftbook4. Are they inside the Westside plant? I have not worked there once.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Oh, all stat increases from the scrap pile are uncapped, so I hope your strength and stamina were already at or above their normal achieveable value - my mc/pc currently lacks the strength and the melee skill to continue searching (as that is too difficult ;-) ).

And the craftbooks $craftbook3 and $craftbook4 are currently not used (at least in the public version of v8.3) as in not obtainable via normal means (except cheating). And there is currently no reason to push Artisian or Blacksmithing above the softcap of 130 (even lower values do not matter that much, if blacksmithing is at least 95 and artisian is at least 110).
From a min/max perspective you can get that 1 point boost over the usual cap for Melee, Strength, Melee, and Stamina if I remember right, but unless there are other uncapped boosts you can get, 1 point isn't really enough to matter. So clearing the scrap pile when you're at low stat levels isn't really a big deal. Is there ever a circumstance you'll run into where having 151 melee will give you even a slight advantage over having 150? Probably not. If you could boost it to 160 or 170 it might amount to an extra point of damage, not sure how the damage is calculated, but 1 point is just going to round down to the same amount I would bet.

The 1 point of stamina is the only one that might actually be useful on rare occasions. There may actually be occasions where you're busy enough in a day to reach a stamina value that is 1 point short of being able to take another action so having 1 extra point might allow you to perform 1 additional action that you wouldn't otherwise have been able to do. That's really the only scenario I can think of where a 1 point boost over the cap would matter. Most likely it would mean that I can rarely get 1 extra crafting click before I click on conclude day.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
At least in v8.3h you will need to search nearly the whole pile, before you get the circlet, ie. 29 searches alltogether (and only one search - the 30th - left to find a melee weapon). And there is nothing random about it. And I do not think that this has been changed for the current non-public alpha v8.31 version.
Crap!!

I must say it´s a way of making the things that I don´t like. Not only by the extend and amount of grind ( We are talking of 60 hours and 300 Fp, and that´s a lot), but for the total absence of any foreshadow. Not in the game, not in the wiki, says any thing about the scrap yard. There it is, filling a valuable space on your backyard, and Kelly it´s not an easy event to occur. chances are, if you are playing by ear, you make some search, have a look at the findings, have a look at the cost in terms of FP and that when Kelly appears, the Scrap Yard have become, long long ago, a nice garden or a productive workshop.

Grinding it´s one thing, and every one playing this game have a good resistance to grind, but this it´s grinding a lot and for no apparent reason. I don´t like it.

hentaidez

May 16, 2020
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Is there a console command to adjust your influence, like there is for cash? Preferably without having to do a save-edit. I'm looking to try restarting with a fresh character in 8.3h after importing one that I originally started with 8.1, but only if I can figure out a way to reduce some of the grind. I don't mind some grind, but I've got months of grind into this existing character that I'd like to 'replicate' with the console. The one thing I'm not willing to re-grind (that I can't already find a command to fix from past comments) is the hundreds of thousands of influence I used to get the fusion reactor and the baker's dozen sets of HULC armor I was equipping my party and my eight guards with.

Nov 28, 2018
I've encountered a few bugs so far in my playthrough:

The dice seem to occasionally roll higher than 100, I'm noticing it in the arena mostly but I think I have seen it in the stealth check in the first Kymanto Hall quest. I'm using 2D50

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you let a slave take a day off with a dominant approach and you fail the Manipulate roll the Result does not have a negative on it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Using a tendstim on yourself in the overworld takes 18 minutes in game and can use 6 minutes if you use it in an NPCs interact menu, but if you use it anywhere else, on your followers in the followers menu, on yourself at home etc it takes no time.

When you assign a slave to a slave mistress then clear the job of the slave mistress I think the slave is still assigned to the slave mistress (you can clear the slaves assignment even though they are not assigned to anyone). No idea if this still triggers the training at the end of the day.

Lastly Nicole's news reporter job only appears if she is not assigned to any jobs, can be super confusing to try to find it without knowing this.

Last edited:

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Is there a console command to adjust your influence, like there is for cash? Preferably without having to do a save-edit. I'm looking to try restarting with a fresh character in 8.3h after importing one that I originally started with 8.1, but only if I can figure out a way to reduce some of the grind. I don't mind some grind, but I've got months of grind into this existing character that I'd like to 'replicate' with the console. The one thing I'm not willing to re-grind (that I can't already find a command to fix from past comments) is the hundreds of thousands of influence I used to get the fusion reactor and the baker's dozen sets of HULC armor I was equipping my party and my eight guards with.
Try this: SugarCube.State.active.variables.credit = 10000

RedBluePill

May 21, 2022
Just want to make sure; there's only few religion you can convert your slaves/servant etc to right now right? Will we be able to do it for every religion later?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
It´s the Titan´s roaming enemy a one time thing or if you kill him it will reappear if control of Ikaanos it´s low?

I have 12 hulk parts, and seems to be the that the only source to get the 3 dam ones that I need to build a suit without paying the robbery prices on the transit department. Not that I mind about the $, but 1500 rep it´s a hard hit.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes