Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
It'd be really interesting if you could try the new lowRes.html version on itch too, as I have no access to tablets right now.
I just tried it, nothing changed. It displays exactly the same as my previous screenshot.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I just tried it, nothing changed. It displays exactly the same as my previous screenshot.
Okay, I uploaded a new one (lowRes2) with a media center function. See if that helps with the disappearing left edge.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Okay, I uploaded a new one (lowRes2) with a media center function. See if that helps with the disappearing left edge.
Nope, still no change, sorry. I tried starting a new game, loading an old one, trying a clean install just to be sure, and still nothing.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Nope, still no change, sorry. I tried starting a new game, loading an old one, trying a clean install just to be sure, and still nothing.
Odd... It should center and adapt properly with those changes. I'll have to get a tablet and do some testing on my own. It has probably something to do with it not being PC.

Thanks for the help!

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Odd... It should center and adapt properly with those changes. I'll have to get a tablet and do some testing on my own. It has probably something to do with it not being PC.

Thanks for the help!
No problem, thank you for going to so much trouble to try and fix something that probably doesn't affect too many people. I'm sad that I won't be able to play until this gets straightened out, but I really do appreciate your hard work.

Reactions: GD-studios

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Oh, and for what it's worth, the lowres html files don't change the behavior of the display when zoomed in on my normal widescreen pc monitor either, past 130% zoom the screen doesn't center and gets cropped.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Oh, and for what it's worth, the lowres html files don't change the behavior of the display when zoomed in on my normal widescreen pc monitor either, past 130% zoom the screen doesn't center and gets cropped.
I'll have to look into this more thoroughly. I've ditched mobile compatibility in favor for "creative freedom" when designing the UI (and the shortage of time I have on this project!), but getting it to work on a full HD tablet shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I might upload a few more lowRes files this or next week that you're more than welcome to take a look at. Until I can borrow a tablet from someone else to make my own experiments on.

I need to focus on bug fixes and renders for the "high res" version now for a couple of days, but this is on the top of my to-do list!

Keep playing on your PC for now - if it's in a NSFW-safe environment ;)

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018
Yeah, what pollin said. As-is, the LowRes does work, until I zoom in even one click.

Knowing that zooming in works is actually helpful, and you're VERY accommodating already, so I'm not going to gripe about it. All part of playing games early :)

BenZhys

May 14, 2017
So far I'm really enjoying the game. It's nice to have a project that is working to be a fully fleshed out game that's fun to play in addition to the adult content. Please keep up the good work.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Okay, so, I messed around a little in the HTML file for 7.5.1. Absolutely no offense meant to the dev, but I figured I'd try my hand at hacking together a tempfix for the issue me and Whyllow had while they work on higher priority stuff. And I did manage to put together a rudimentary fix. It's complete and utter shit, nobody should EVER let me touch HTML again, and I haven't tested it practically at all, but it works. Mostly.

There's a bunch of empty space to the left which the screen snaps to whenever you click anything, so that's annoying and I may try and fix it later, but all content is able to be scrolled to and viewed on my tablet and pc at high zoom levels.

GD-studios
, I apologize if you don't want anyone screwing with your code. I've attached some screenshots detailing the two things I changed to make this work in case they help with your own eventual fix. Apologies for the poor documentation, I don't do this professionally.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I won't post the actual HTML file unless the dev says it's okay, I don't want to step on any toes.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Update: This wasn't as good a fix as I thought. It works really well on my tablet*, but doesn't actually eliminate the issue, which reappears if you're on PC and zoom in enough to eliminate the extra space my terrible code added to the left side. So I'll keep working on it until I get bored and just decide to let the dev handle it.

*In that the tablet doesn't auto scroll to the empty space, so I can zoom in to make the game fit my window width-wise and play it as normal.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Update again: I give up. I have no idea how to fix it properly. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm 100% sure that the dev will cringe at the fix I used above and it will be of no help in actually fixing the problem. Still, it technically works until the dev can fix it properly.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Update again: I give up. I have no idea how to fix it properly. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm 100% sure that the dev will cringe at the fix I used above and it will be of no help in actually fixing the problem. Still, it technically works until the dev can fix it properly.
No, you've been tinkering with exactly the same numbers as I've tried to adjust, so you're on the right path. I guess the flex adjustment and justify-content need to be altered somehow, together with other numbers in Body and Passages. I haven't had time to devote more than an hour or two for this so far, but I'll eventually get to it. But please update if you find anything that'll crack this nut!

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
No, you've been tinkering with exactly the same numbers as I've tried to adjust, so you're on the right path. I guess the flex adjustment and justify-content need to be altered somehow, together with other numbers in Body and Passages. I haven't had time to devote more than an hour or two for this so far, but I'll eventually get to it. But please update if you find anything that'll crack this nut!
I tinkered with it a little more with no success. Unfortunately my knowledge is pretty basic, I don't really know anything about flex containers, nor do I have the time or motivation to learn. I did find a better workaround than my previous one, by setting the initial scale of the viewport to 0.5 and then zooming in manually. But aside from that, I've got nothing, sorry. Hopefully it'll prove much easier for you, once you're done with the higher priority stuff and can devote some time to it.

I did notice that the title in the code is "Slavemasters of Haalu," which I found interesting. An old working title or some such?

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I tinkered with it a little more with no success. Unfortunately my knowledge is pretty basic, I don't really know anything about flex containers, nor do I have the time or motivation to learn. I did find a better workaround than my previous one, by setting the initial scale of the viewport to 0.5 and then zooming in manually. But aside from that, I've got nothing, sorry. Hopefully it'll prove much easier for you, once you're done with the higher priority stuff and can devote some time to it.

I did notice that the title in the code is "Slavemasters of Haalu," which I found interesting. An old working title or some such?
Keep up the good work!

Yeah, that was actually the first title when I started this project back in spring 2020. I changed it so that the focus would not only be on the trainer part, but also on the world of Raana. And not to make any Morrowind fans upset with the phonetical similarities... :D

The Twine 2.3.X engine unfortunately has a few bugs when changing story titles so I've been too afraid to change the actual core name to what it should be.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
I use a TTS due to medical issues that make reading difficult. Is there a way of copying the text to the clipboard where the TTS can read it?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I use a TTS due to medical issues that make reading difficult. Is there a way of copying the text to the clipboard where the TTS can read it?
I could make a special version with the text accessible for this purpose. I'll get back to you on that when 0.7.6 is due.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
There's a minor update coming tomorrow that fixes some critical bugs. I'll also make a few additions/changes and add about ten new slave pics.

0.7.6 goes live next week, featuring a new vendor, more clothes, perfumes, piercings, a minor quest and a new inventory system for slaves. There will also be a huge art pack.

I sent a ticket to F95zone's admins a couple of days ago requesting ownership of this thread. But until that happens, check MoR's itch.io page for the latest updates. 0.6.7 is an ancient version that's lackning in many ways. I do NOT recommend anyone to download it.

Last edited:
Reactions: caju
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes