GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Interesting. A bit of a learning curve, but it keeps me wanting to try new builds, which is always a good sign.

Probably a silly question, but where do I go to hire mercenaries?
A wiki is in the making to help with stuff like this!

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Are courses non-repeatable? Is there a way to increase science/academy and intelligence that is repeatable?
Certain events during classes have a chance to increase your Intelligence and Academics/Science.

Other ways include reading books and taking courses. I'll add a bunch of new skill books soon to flesh this out a bit more.

Reactions: PRONtick

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Just like you are equipping weapons and adding girls to your party.
Instead of chosing a girl, choose a merc
Huhn. Simple as that, is it?

I've been all over the map looking for a mercenaries hall, or a shop with a notice board. Never occurred to me to just add them in.

Reactions: lorddarkam and caju

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I also temporarily removed the "Free slave" button after redoing the slave management system, but it'll find its way into the game again in a few weeks.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I also temporarily removed the "Free slave" button after redoing the slave management system, but it'll find its way into the game again in a few weeks.
... There was a free slave button? I never noticed that before. My subconscious probably ignored it because I'd never use it.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
No, skill books only show up in the "Train skills > Advanced training" section. I should make that more clear.

ahhhhh, OK...TY then. Makes sense, if one thinks on it for a bit. Which obviously, I didnt. lol

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This has got a great interface and lots of interesting background and atmosphere stuff, but dealing with slaves makes me laugh a lot and then ragequit. The random variation in events is so massive as to seemingly overwhelm any bonuses or maluses a PC has, and the PC is so pussywhipped that his slaves can (and mostly do) decline to have sex with him no matter how much he wants it. Having a sex slave refuse sex because her master is older than she is is LOL. Maybe the wiki will tell me how I am doing it wrong, but the PC in my games is blueballed for days until I just quit in frustration.

Reactions: lorddarkam

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Having a sex slave refuse sex because her master is older than she is is LOL.
You know, I didn't realize it until you said this and I went to check, but it really doesn't make sense that even the most aggressive approach possible relies on a manipulate check. In my opinion, a sadistic/aggressive approach should not rely on a manipulate check. Maybe I've missed something, but a literal slave should not have the option of refusing if their master doesn't want to give them that option. Allowing them to refuse just because your character can't word good doesn't really make sense to me.

A better option in my mind would be to open with a manipulate check to try and scare the girl into submission, then if that fails, allow for a strength check to "force the issue" as it were. If that still fails, then allow us to severely punish the slave for daring to resist. Or, hell, don't make it a check at all, since it's not like she should really have a choice.

I personally usually take a more gentle approach, but not even having the option to force the issue feels weird. It feels less like slavery and more like indentured servitude.

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Patience! Raanic girls are not to be played with.

Well, jokes aside, it's hard to analyze your specific playthrough here. Were you playing as a weak, old man with low Charm skills, who hasn’t showered for weeks? Did you sink some points into Charm/Manipulate or Willpower?

There are mainly two ways to talk a slave into offering her body. One is through classic charm, which is a rather difficult mini game of courtship that's garnered toward those who want to show their servants a softer side. The other is through Manipulation, where you scold and command your slave to do your will. Getting a slave to share your bed shouldn’t be very difficult if you created an MC with a decent Manipulation, and bought one of the more docile slaves. You'll however need some work with the fiery prisoners of Kymanto Hall or the ones you find outside during quests.

Building power behind your commands is done with other variables too, such as Respect and Influence. Raising these values will make even hardier slaves listen to your commands better. The same goes for increasing your Strength and Willpower.

It is a game after all. You won't always be served a broken-in slave just like that.

And of course, if you want to, you can just buy some rope, tie her up, and… play.

On a sidenote, I actually have modified MoR:s Manipulation rules somewhat for the coming big update next week. The dice rolls are "swingy" at times, which in my opinion adds a nice touch of excitement; but a respected and well-known slave handler should of course not be randomly refused by a pansy-faced girl from the gutter.

All this will be even better structured and tuned in the slave revamp coming in the 0.8.X updates. I'm planning on adding variables for fright, implement a more fleshed-out punishment engine, and a possibility to enact serious threats.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
This raised point, is a valid one. No slave, in a society wherein slavery is legal, normal etc etc; is going to deny their "master". Just is not going to be done. Why? Simple. The Master lines up 3 or 4 slaves, or more, then makes a demand of any one of them. Pick one, pick the demand. they decline? Execute them on the spot. Guarantee, none of the rest will decline. Look at 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th century history. Slaves simply, do not tell their master "no". Now, they will plot then, they will organize to the extent possible. They will revolt if possible. But, they will not, in a one on one scenario, say no. Even if the "Master"is 12 and the slave is 25 and could easily overpower the "Master". The master has but to yell out, GUARDS!; and the slave is not going to over power them.

This is a common failing I see, in slave games. No doubt, because programming and coding the subtle bits of subterfuge and conniving, would be in fact, gawd awfully difficult. MUCH simpler, to create a "failed command" check for the Master.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Patience! Raanic girls are not to be played with.

Well, jokes aside, it's hard to analyze your specific playthrough here. Were you playing as a weak, old man with low Charm skills, who hasn’t showered for weeks? Did you sink some points into Charm/Manipulate or Willpower?
PC was a 22-year-old dominant with the special raaport with teenagers (slave was the 18-year-old with normal willpower, lowered to low willpower by previous actions).

There are mainly two ways to talk a slave into offering her body. One is through classic charm, which is a rather difficult mini game of courtship that's garnered toward those who want to show their servants a softer side. The other is through Manipulation, where you scold and command your slave to do your will. Getting a slave to share your bed shouldn’t be very difficult if you created an MC with a decent Manipulation, and bought one of the more docile slaves. You'll however need some work with the fiery prisoners of Kymanto Hall or the ones you find outside during quests.
Slave wasn't fiery at all. Had low willpower, in fact.

Building power behind your commands is done with other variables too, such as Respect and Influence. Raising these values will make even hardier slaves listen to your commands better. The same goes for increasing your Strength and Willpower.
Respect was low. In fact, I don't think I ever found a single action that raised respect. Part of the reason I said maybe the wiki would help.

It is a game after all. You won't always be served a broken-in slave just like that.
I don't mind there being negative consequences to taking the slave against her will. I just minded that I couldn't take her against her will. It seemed like the very opposite of what sex slavery would be about.

And of course, if you want to, you can just buy some rope, tie her up, and… play.
There's no indictation in the game that you can force sex on a slave by tying her up.

On a sidenote, I actually have modified MoR:s Manipulation rules somewhat for the coming big update next week. The dice rolls are "swingy" at times, which in my opinion adds a nice touch of excitement; but a respected and well-known slave handler should of course not be randomly refused by a pansy-faced girl from the gutter.

All this will be even better structured and tuned in the slave revamp coming in the 0.8.X updates. I'm planning on adding variables for fright, implement a more fleshed-out punishment engine, and a possibility to enact serious threats.
That all sounds good. As I said, I like the system (it is refreshingly easy to grasp mechanically) but the huge variability in the random die rolls seemed to absolutely overwhelm all the bonuses I had selected for the exact scenarrio I was trying to play out. If the wiki comes out, it will hopefully tell me what is influential and what is not. I could well have just been crap at playing the game.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I'm having trouble with some ingame images. Here's an example.

1639192809930.png

I tried deleting the directory D:\Local_Games\Master of Raana\Pics and the re-extracting from Masters_of_Raana_0751.zip, but the issue remains.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I'm having trouble with some ingame images. Here's an example.

View attachment 1539442

I tried deleting the directory D:\Local_Games\Master of Raana\Pics and the re-extracting from Masters_of_Raana_0751.zip, but the issue remains.
Huh, that's weird. What OS are you using? I know Linux has had some issues with case sensitive filenames, try downloading 0.7.52 from the itch, the dev fixed a bunch of missing images there.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Huh, that's weird. What OS are you using? I know Linux has had some issues with case sensitive filenames, try downloading 0.7.52 from the itch, the dev fixed a bunch of missing images there.
Windows 7 Ultimate Svc Pk 1

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Windows 7 Ultimate Svc Pk 1
Definitely shouldn't be seeing that then, either it's a bug that needs to be fixed or something's screwy. I'd still recommend grabbing the latest version from the itch. If that doesn't fix it, then I'm sure the dev can provide proper help. They usually check here every day.

Feb 4, 2020
Currently have Juno in my team, she has sore in vagina status as a result from bondage session, it lasted for at least 10 days now. Is there a way to heal her faster?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
PC was a 22-year-old dominant with the special raaport with teenagers (slave was the 18-year-old with normal willpower, lowered to low willpower by previous actions).
Then I would've ragequit too. :D You might've had a series of very bad rolls, but still, I'm seeing a need to balance stuff here and it's on my to-do-list.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes