GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Thanks for the great game, and for taking part in discussions here. I have a couple of thoughts around this:

1) Would you consider adding a "retreat" option for individuals in combat?

2) Would it be possible to equip mercs and slaves with the heal packs so they can heal themselves as an action, or save themselves from death if brought to 0 health? You might consider something like a saving throw when brought to 0 health, or allowing another member of the party to use a heal pack on the injured party as an action in combat.
Oh, I'm a daily reader here on F95! I've gotten some great feedback from you guys and appreciate every post. I'm sad that I don't have enough time to answer everyone, but know that I take notes on everything that comes up during discussions here.

1 - Yes, I'll include this in some way for the combat upgrade. Also a "take cover action" that'll make the covered guy/girl/enemy very hard to hit with ranged weapons.

2 - I'm originally against fast healing but this is a big request so I'll probably add a special (and expensive) Field Stabilizer Stim Pack that can do just this. I've also planned for some temporary buffs that can be applied during combat - like strength enhancers and a massive increase in Soak for say, 1-2 rounds.

I'll post more on this when I'm getting closer to the combat upgrade!

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
The 0.7.9.2 public release is scheduled for next week. This update adds a big Event/Party Engine that contains hundreds of interesting events/quests and lore snippets, but also a very long quest (Prowler in the Depths 2) that adds two new map districts and a framework for IPS (Ikaanos Postal Service) that I intend to use for future quests and other interesting events. You'll also be able to enjoy about 40-50 new renders, including Juno's sex scenes.

After that, it's time for me to start working on 0.8.

Version 0.8.X will see some tremendous changes in regards to interactions - both with the world around you and with your slaves. It's not that I'll remove anything, but expect city overview maps, fast travel (by boat) to other cities, camping/sleeping in other locations and a lot more that'll help when going out on longer adventures, or just for immersion. It also improves the flow and playability of MoR in general.

The slaves will also be much easier to interact with and have a better overview - including Annex slaves. I'll also increase the slave cap to at least 8, if not more.

So stay tuned!

RenStimpy

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, I'm a daily reader here on F95! I've gotten some great feedback from you guys and appreciate every post. I'm sad that I don't have enough time to answer everyone, but know that I take notes on everything that comes up during discussions here.

1 - Yes, I'll include this in some way for the combat upgrade. Also a "take cover action" that'll make the covered guy/girl/enemy very hard to hit with ranged weapons.

2 - I'm originally against fast healing but this is a big request so I'll probably add a special (and expensive) Field Stabilizer Stim Pack that can do just this. I've also planned for some temporary buffs that can be applied during combat - like strength enhancers and a massive increase in Soak for say, 1-2 rounds.

I'll post more on this when I'm getting closer to the combat upgrade!
Thanks for the reply. The cover mechanic sounds like a great way to increase the value of having a balanced crew with a mix of ranged and hand-to-hand combat.

Keep up the great work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: GD-studios

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
1 Wife
2 household
4 Annex
1 Arena

!!
Thanks for clearing that up. IMO I'd much rather have proper annex interactions before being able to put new slaves in there. If you can have 8 slaves, but can't sex 4 of them, then what's truly the point? :LOL:

Reactions: Orlox

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
There is a small problem in the photo. I don't want to sell it all. 67 stock must be left. A lot of clicking. Noticeable lack of an option to sell the given number of goods. The game progresses. The number of goods and transactions will increase. Some things already done, however, should evolve with development.

001.jpg

dmmt

May 8, 2020
even a SELL HALF option would greatly reduce the number of clicks.

Assume you have 10,000 of "something", and you want 100 in inventory.

With a window to input nr to sell: 1 mouse click to select the window + 4 keystrokes to enter 9900 + 1 keystroke to hit ENTER = 6 clicks essentially.

Sell half option:

1 and inventory is 5000
2nd click = 2500
3rd click = 1250
4th click = 625
5th click = 312 (round down the retained nr always. That makes it predictable)
6th click =156

so...you can click again and have 78, or stop and have 156....I think the 6 mouse clicks, is quicker than switching between mouse clicks and keyboard...admittedly by very little time, but it IS easier to just click a few times.

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Are there any future plans to allow us to name saves? With several different builds on the go, it would be a useful addition.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Are there any future plans to allow us to name saves? With several different builds on the go, it would be a useful addition.
sorry, name saves? as in the save has your name in it? thats the first time ive seen that term...

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
sorry, name saves? as in the save has your name in it? thats the first time ive seen that term...
Poor syntax on my part, maybe. The ability to name saves is a feature that is often requested (in games that do not already have the feature) on these forums. Being able to edit the name of a save is helpful if you are trying out several different playstyles - at the moment the list of my saves all say "Home" and the time it was saved, which is not helpful if you are swapping between different character builds.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
He's talking about being able to manually change the text displayed as the save's "name." Twine/Sugarcube games by default usually take the first piece of text on the page and set that as the save's name, which in this case is the text "Crystal" since the area name is the first piece of text on the page. He's asking if Grim will add the ability to manually change this text so you can differentiate between different playthroughs. Like one save could be "Charactername1" and another "charactername2". This is a feature that more and more HTML games are adding, so it's hopefully not out of the realm of possibility.
1652456972888.png

Reactions: catnapper

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
I am wondering about the passage of time in the game.

The master is getting old. Slaves are getting old. However, this does not apply to mercenaries. I look at the guy below and I wonder: How many years can he still be active in this profession?

0001.jpg

The same problem applies to shopkeepers, especially prostitutes. This is a massive blow to immersion as my slaves grow old while the girls in Virax Springs do not. Or when the slaves trained to fight grow old and the mercenaries do not.

The question of the passage of time is a huge problem with this game. It would require dynamic changes in the ownership of facilities and their employees and available mercenaries, slaves, etc. And even different dialogue options depending on the age of the interlocutor (I mean the seduction option - miss Devious, miss Winton) and even visual changes with the lapse of time.

Overall, a big problem for the creators. However, I think it is impossible to run away from it. After a long time in the game, it will lead to very strange situations.

Are there any plans in this matter?

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I am wondering about the passage of time in the game.

The master is getting old. Slaves are getting old. However, this does not apply to mercenaries. I look at the guy below and I wonder: How many years can he still be active in this profession?

The same problem applies to shopkeepers, especially prostitutes. This is a massive blow to immersion as my slaves grow old while the girls in Virax Springs do not. Or when the slaves trained to fight grow old and the mercenaries do not.

The question of the passage of time is a huge problem with this game. It would require dynamic changes in the ownership of facilities and their employees and available mercenaries, slaves, etc. And even different dialogue options depending on the age of the interlocutor (I mean the seduction option - miss Devious, miss Winton) and even visual changes with the lapse of time.

Overall, a big problem for the creators. However, I think it is impossible to run away from it. After a long time in the game, it will lead to very strange situations.

Are there any plans in this matter?
This is an interesting topic as I am myself very into chronological details and how to apply them in games. To put your mind somewhat at ease; yes, I do have plans for that, starting with a new birthday system that has age-related debuffs (coming in version 0.8). I can't promise anything regarding shopkeepers and mercenaries, but I might make something similar for those too, later on, including prostitutes.

Out of curiosity, how many days have you progressed in MoR?

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
This is an interesting topic as I am myself very into chronological details and how to apply them in games. To put your mind somewhat at ease; yes, I do have plans for that, starting with a new birthday system that has age-related debuffs (coming in version 0.8). I can't promise anything regarding shopkeepers and mercenaries, but I might make something similar for those too, later on, including prostitutes.

Out of curiosity, how many days have you progressed in MoR?
Not much so far: 1287. I'm training master.

I swapped the master's graphics for other ones and started to wonder. Do not get me wrong. This is not a criticism. However, I began to see a certain incoherence in the world.

I won't be surprised if you leave it as it is now. This is a huge challenge. Maybe you need an internal base of characters from which some will be randomly selected every few years? But it is a huge job.

4.50 star(s) 118 Votes