Jul 21, 2020
I am wondering about the passage of time in the game.

The master is getting old. Slaves are getting old. However, this does not apply to mercenaries. I look at the guy below and I wonder: How many years can he still be active in this profession?

The same problem applies to shopkeepers, especially prostitutes. This is a massive blow to immersion as my slaves grow old while the girls in Virax Springs do not. Or when the slaves trained to fight grow old and the mercenaries do not.

The question of the passage of time is a huge problem with this game. It would require dynamic changes in the ownership of facilities and their employees and available mercenaries, slaves, etc. And even different dialogue options depending on the age of the interlocutor (I mean the seduction option - miss Devious, miss Winton) and even visual changes with the lapse of time.

Overall, a big problem for the creators. However, I think it is impossible to run away from it. After a long time in the game, it will lead to very strange situations.

Are there any plans in this matter?
Updating all the shopkeepers etc. seems a reaallly lot of work. It would be also be weird, if they just changed overnight from younger to older in one step. To make it consistent you would need to have several steps and that would be a lot of work that would be best spent elsewhere... IMO I don’t think I’ve ever seen that implemented in an open-world RPG, although I may be wrong. I don’t really have time to play big ones.

What about the two starving tribalist kids that you will later be able to get as domestic servants/thralls though? ;) :p I think the girl is thirteen. If you wait five years, will you be able to introduce her to proper slavery ...?

P.S. Also please don’t age that merc to retirement! I think he’s good value for the money. The initial price is high, but the daily rate is very affordable, so he’s a good a permanent member of the team. He’s only outclassed in the very hardest fights.

Reactions: ash

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
Updating all the shopkeepers etc. seems a reaallly lot of work. It would be also be weird, if they just changed overnight from younger to older in one step. To make it consistent you would need to have several steps and that would be a lot of work that would be best spent elsewhere... IMO I don’t think I’ve ever seen that implemented in an open-world RPG, although I may be wrong. I don’t really have time to play big ones.
This is everything to think about. With a very long game, the world cannot be stay at starting point. Part of the solution to the problem may be quests that lead to changes.

The mechanics of changing the appearance of characters are now in the game. But it applies only to the master, which creates inconsistency. At the age of 35, the middle-aged character avatar replaces the young avatar. At age unknown to me (not yet reached) avatar of an old person appears.

What about the two starving tribalist kids that you will later be able to get as domestic servants/thralls though? ;) :p I think the girl is thirteen. If you wait five years, will you be able to introduce her to proper slavery ...?

That's a very good question. You can see that the situation gives rise to problems. In my opinion, this is the biggest challenge associated with this project. And you are right - it will take a lot of work. Some solution to the problem will be needed. Everything is too static. 5 - 6 years of playing time already raises questions about the coherence of the created world (tribalist kids, prostitutes staff in public facilities, the same slaves for sale at Kyamanto Hall). You can even take a mission giving Piper Holdman and bring back 6,000 20 years later.

Edit:

About Piper Holdman.

The matter is easy. The offer to sell should appear on the condition that the player has 6000 (maybe in the form of a letter after the last update), and be one-time only. The decision to buy or the chance is lost.

There is a lot that can be done. Only time must be kept in mind and avoid creating anything forever.

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Not much so far: 1287. I'm training master.

I swapped the master's graphics for other ones and started to wonder. Do not get me wrong. This is not a criticism. However, I began to see a certain incoherence in the world.

I won't be surprised if you leave it as it is now. This is a huge challenge. Maybe you need an internal base of characters from which some will be randomly selected every few years? But it is a huge job.
WTF 1287?, thats 3.5 yrs ingame! jesus!

as far as the aging issue, im not sure if its a real issue or not. you would have to surpass 5 in-game yrs for actual physical aging to be noticeable, in my opinion.

if MoR stabilizes enough for the majority of players to progress to 5yrs of in-game time (1825 game days), its time for Grim to start working on MoR II.

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
WTF 1287?, thats 3.5 yrs ingame! jesus!

as far as the aging issue, im not sure if its a real issue or not. you would have to surpass 5 in-game yrs for actual physical aging to be noticeable, in my opinion.

if MoR stabilizes enough for the majority of players to progress to 5yrs of in-game time (1825 game days), its time for Grim to start working on MoR II.
A question of approach to the game. My character works, builds up the house, trains key skills. The last one is so random that I still haven't achieved all my goals. I do not keep slaves yet. I did the quests only necessary for the training (The Great Turmoil, etc.). It will take me 5 years to complete my training. Or more with this randomness.

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
A question of approach to the game. My character works, builds up the house, trains key skills. The last one is so random that I still haven't achieved all my goals. I do not keep slaves yet. I did the quests only necessary for the training (The Great Turmoil, etc.). It will take me 5 years to complete my training. Or more with this randomness.
I am at 352 days, the hero have inteligence 93, stamina 83, ranged combat 115. Slaves with ranged between 80 and 90 (I think after 80 ranged combat, they cannot be trained more, it only increases in the lucky moments of doing critical hit during combat). The hero works in the academy 100+ daily salary, 2 slaves work also in the academy (again something around +100 $ daily for each), one slave is journalist (between + 25 and +125 daily), and one is in the arena - when she figths, she earns +400 - +500. This all allows to have good income and to support the 2 best (and most expensive) mercenaries. And with 2 best mercenaries and 2 slaves with good ranged combat skill, the battles are easy. In fact the best sourse of income is the arena, if you fight every day 2 times, you will take between 1000 and 1500 $. Not sure what are your goals, but I think this above is the right way to advance in the game faster. This is my 2nd game btw, the 1st I put wrong the skill points, and at one moment I restarted. I think the best is to put as more points as possible on inteligence in the beginning of the game, because strength, dexterity and stamina you can increase by training, while inteligence is not so easy to increase, while exactly the inteligence helps gaining more points from reading books and taking courses in the academy. Actually I restarted my 1st game, because I was with low inteligence and wasn't able to make 80 academy points, so was unable to give lectures.

Reactions: Habequiddum

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
High academics is quite important not only because it is necesary to work in the academy, but it also helps you teach better the slaves and they gain points faster (+1 or +2 on every lesson).

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
I am at 352 days, the hero have inteligence 93, stamina 83, ranged combat 115. Slaves with ranged between 80 and 90 (I think after 80 ranged combat, they cannot be trained more, it only increases in the lucky moments of doing critical hit during combat). The hero works in the academy 100+ daily salary, 2 slaves work also in the academy (again something around +100 $ daily for each), one slave is journalist (between + 25 and +125 daily), and one is in the arena - when she figths, she earns +400 - +500. This all allows to have good income and to support the 2 best (and most expensive) mercenaries. And with 2 best mercenaries and 2 slaves with good ranged combat skill, the battles are easy. In fact the best sourse of income is the arena, if you fight every day 2 times, you will take between 1000 and 1500 $. Not sure what are your goals, but I think this above is the right way to advance in the game faster. This is my 2nd game btw, the 1st I put wrong the skill points, and at one moment I restarted. I think the best is to put as more points as possible on inteligence in the beginning of the game, because strength, dexterity and stamina you can increase by training, while inteligence is not so easy to increase, while exactly the inteligence helps gaining more points from reading books and taking courses in the academy. Actually I restarted my 1st game, because I was with low inteligence and wasn't able to make 80 academy points, so was unable to give lectures.
Identically. Also the first game reset to bet on intelligence.

The goal is 120 in the key parameters - to avoid negative tests.

Currently: Strength, dexterity, stamina: 120.
Intelligence: 90 (not ended).

Willpower: 75 (no possibility higher).
It was a massacre to achieve this. It was going on forever.

Academic: 130.
Science: 116: (not ended).
Stealth: 100 (not ended).
Survival: 55 (not ended).
Charm: 150 (on the occasion of the stealth training so high).

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Identically. Also the first game reset to bet on intelligence.

The goal is 120 in the key parameters - to avoid negative tests.

Currently: Strength, dexterity, stamina: 120.
Intelligence: 90 (not ended).

Willpower: 75 (no possibility higher).
It was a massacre to achieve this. It was going on forever.

Academic: 130.
Science: 116: (not ended).
Stealth: 100 (not ended).
Survival: 55 (not ended).
Charm: 150 (on the occasion of the stealth training so high).
please let me know if i am understanding correctly. im getting the impression that you are just working a "regular" job, and training yourself. no slaves, no mercs.

is this correct?

if so, that explains why you have passed thru so many in-game days. no interactions w/slaves will make your in-game days go by REALLY FAST. its a big chunk of the game, in my opinion.

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
please let me know if i am understanding correctly. im getting the impression that you are just working a "regular" job, and training yourself. no slaves, no mercs.

is this correct?

if so, that explains why you have passed thru so many in-game days. no interactions w/slaves will make your in-game days go by REALLY FAST. its a big chunk of the game, in my opinion.
Yes is correct.

I wanted everything to be ready when I got my first slave. Skills, home, etc.

• Angry
Reactions: jsmith27x

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
GrimDarkToday at 8:46 AM

Let's face it - slave interaction menus in 0.7.9 or below are a bit tedious. Just the thing that you need to have your slave set as primary to give orders or apply for work is extremely time-consuming and confusing. In 0.8, controlling your slaves will be easier than ever before! With one click, you're able to access any slave's assignments, academy applications and character sheet. Make quick physical examinations to know if an annex slave has regained enough health to return to duty, or change the entire household's focus by re-assigning all slaves' work duties within the same menus. Small icons help the slave master with keeping track of assignments, stable activities, prostitution and other stuff that occupy his slaves. And you'll no longer be forced to take your slave "in person" to a vendor/school - instead it's enough to just ask if a vendor needs slaves (or visit the Academy) to unlock an assignment button within the "Jobs & Titles menu". Oh, speaking of titles, that's also another thing you'll see appear in 0.8. I'll post some more information about that later. The screenshots here are pre-alpha versions of the new slave interaction menu and might change for the 0.8 Alpha release. Ideas, suggestions and feedback on layout, additional features etc, are most welcome in this early stage! (edited)

1652902076712.png
1652902089056.png

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Version 0.7.9.2 has been released!

This is a big update with many new renders and UI changes. Replace your old directory with the new one if you're currently playing an older version.

No need to patch. Fully compatible with 0.7.6+.

(MEGA).

Changelog:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
these new household controls, are anything but intuitive...

twice thru the tutorial...still unclear

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
these new household controls, are anything but intuitive...

twice thru the tutorial...still unclear
Haha, funny. If HAMMER = Crafting, BATHTUB = Bathroom, ADMIN SCROLL = Manage home, is still unclear, just push the button and learn what it does? Easy peasy.

In fact, I think they make everything easier to understand.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
stamina consumption rates changed? Use to ab able to take a course, come home, do basic training twice, take a shower, go to bed.

Now, take a course, come home basic training once, do it again and stam is depleted and I'm forced into an over night routine. (Stam is 50 atm)

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
stamina consumption rates changed? Use to ab able to take a course, come home, do basic training twice, take a shower, go to bed.

Now, take a course, come home basic training once, do it again and stam is depleted and I'm forced into an over night routine. (Stam is 50 atm)
Nope, but you're probably doing Daria's course. It's brutal. That, or you're taking your first course when not fully recovered.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Version 0.7.9.2 has been released!

This is a big update with many new renders and UI changes. Replace your old directory with the new one if you're currently playing an older version.

No need to patch. Fully compatible with 0.7.6+.

Download link (MEGA).

Changelog:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I recompressed (losslessly) this version in 7z (free and open source) in ultra compression mode and it was only 63% of the file size.
Compression rates vary by what you are distributing, but 7z is always better. In this specific case though it is exceptionally better, as for some reason your program is just extremely compatible with it. So you might want to consider 7z distribution.

Reactions: tsap and ShinCore

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
even a SELL HALF option would greatly reduce the number of clicks.

Assume you have 10,000 of "something", and you want 100 in inventory.

With a window to input nr to sell: 1 mouse click to select the window + 4 keystrokes to enter 9900 + 1 keystroke to hit ENTER = 6 clicks essentially.

Sell half option:

1 and inventory is 5000
2nd click = 2500
3rd click = 1250
4th click = 625
5th click = 312 (round down the retained nr always. That makes it predictable)
6th click =156

so...you can click again and have 78, or stop and have 156....I think the 6 mouse clicks, is quicker than switching between mouse clicks and keyboard...admittedly by very little time, but it IS easier to just click a few times.
Should have a "keep amount" that is saved.
That way you can specify 100 in the amount once.
then from now on each time you visit this place you can just click on sell all to keep 100 and sell the rest.

4.50 star(s) 118 Votes