GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Question, you know how there's that character starting option where you have a bad experience on the Mastersphere?

I was wondering if that quest was actually implemented yet, I explored everywhere and the only reference to this circumstance I so far found was when hiring the space marine. The text suggested to raise relationship with him, which I did to about 30 or 40 out of 100, but he doesn't talk much still.

I know the follower relations thing is WIP, does that mean the Mastersphere char-starting quest is also not done yet, or I'm just bad at finding it? ;-)
No, those quests are still WIP, but I'll start adding most of them after 0.8.5 when I turn my focus to the MC. Some follower quests, and especially slave quests, will be introduced before that, however.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
That makes more sense, in my mind I was comparing the game with ancient Rome or early 1800s Africa where slavery was kinda more outlaw or in a really gray area. Seeing it as a more civil society where slavery was never illegal or developed with that in mind, sounds reasonable.

But, lolis and shotas aside, is kinda weird how the game don't allow the player to do what they want inside their house, like, if the master wanted he could do anything with the slaves and no one would noticed, I feel someone in the city is doing something despicable behind doors.

Anyway, just rambling, obviously the autor will do what they think is the best, lore and setting aside.
From the wiki:

Slavery, most commonly referred to as servitude, is a legal institution that is very prevalent and socially acceptable in modern Ikaanos. It was passed into law in 2293 to quell the social unrest of that time. It was widely rejected by the female population at the time but over generations acceptance slowly grew until the practice became the widely-accepted institution that you see today.

"A person who enters servitude forfeits his or her right to freedom of movement, the ability to choose his or her activities, and control over his or her bodily autonomy. A servant transfers his or her rights to the bondsmaster, who is legally responsible for the slave, and lives at the bondsmaster's mercy until the contract expires."

"A bondsmaster must provide for his servants and not cause them unnecessary pain or starvation. He shalt not draw blood so that his servant loses consciousness unless adequate reasons exist. He shalt not strike or whip his servant so that he or she cannot walk after a day has passed. He is not allowed to let a servant die unless the servant has drawn blood on the bondsmaster or if the servant has committed a crime that is considered serious under skyguard enforcement law. If found guilty of any of these mistreatments, a bondsmaster may forfeit his right to his slave and/or pay a fine of up to 2000 dollars."

- IC Law SL001, "Virax’s Amendment" passed 2293

Categories[ | ]
Even though a slave's status and rights are bound by IC law, there exist many types of slaves in an unsanctioned but broadly accepted hierarchy.

Household slaves[ | ]
Mainly used for household chores like milk maids to newborns, cleaners, gardeners and similar tasks. Household slaves live close to their masters, meaning they often perform sexual services as well.

Pleasure slaves[ | ]
Pleasure slaves can be found in taverns, restaurants and similar entrepreneurships. Their work includes sexual services, serving customers, playing instruments, and acting as companions. Prostitutes at taverns often belong to this category.

Floor Crawlers[ | ]
A lower form of pleasure slaves. Floor crawlers are used as cum dumpsters, take part in gang-bang orgies, and are rented out to perverted nobles.

Gold Walkers[ | ]
Another word for street prostitutes. Gold walkers are pimped by their masters to earn money on the streets or on markets.

Gritters[ | ]
Slaves that follow Skyguard patrols, bandit troops, and larger armies on the field. Gritters perform both sexual and domestic tasks.

Foodgivers[ | ]
Slaves that work in kitchens. Services might include lighter domestic tasks shared by household slaves, but Foodgivers are seldom given the attention a household girl gets and this status is often reserved for older women or girls that are deemed not attractive enough.

Ranch Cattle[ | ]
Slaves assigned as workers on the great ranches surrounding . Few can live more than a decade as ranch cattle and it's often considered the worst type of slavery except being a floor crawler.

Gankers[ | ]
Slaves assigned as bodyguards or as frontline soldiers. Often with less than optimal protection or training. However it is relatively rare to see a master give a slave a weapon.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Question, you know how there's that character starting option where you have a bad experience on the Mastersphere?

I was wondering if that quest was actually implemented yet, I explored everywhere and the only reference to this circumstance I so far found was when hiring the space marine. The text suggested to raise relationship with him, which I did to about 30 or 40 out of 100, but he doesn't talk much still.

I know the follower relations thing is WIP, does that mean the Mastersphere char-starting quest is also not done yet, or I'm just bad at finding it? ;-)
Thats still WIP. The slave interaction revamp and increasing of capacity has taken precedence over the previous development roadmap.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Much good stuff in this game. I especially like attention to details (management) in many places. Fx. slavegirls take notice and gain some respect for their masters kindness when they leave rations to Laika and Loden, the girls get compliments for their new dresses at restaurant and so on.
Unfortunately I am a sick, very sick person. I tend to play my mc as some later times Mr. Robert and outrageously fatten the slave girls with morsels. Perhaps there could, in some later point of time, be found a few (simplistic, possibly generic?) renders of overweight girls to warn those who prefer them thin - and for me to enjoy their chubby looks.
I am NOT really asking for mechanics to automatically drop the fatties' physical skills after they've really gone to lard, but I could certainly appreciate some game-feature like that in case the busy devs could tolerate that kind of feature.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Much good stuff in this game. I especially like attention to details (management) in many places. Fx. slavegirls take notice and gain some respect for their masters kindness when they leave rations to Laika and Loden, the girls get compliments for their new dresses at restaurant and so on.
Unfortunately I am a sick, very sick person. I tend to play my mc as some later times Mr. Robert and outrageously fatten the slave girls with morsels. Perhaps there could, in some later point of time, be found a few (simplistic, possibly generic?) renders of overweight girls to warn those who prefer them thin - and for me to enjoy their chubby looks.
I am NOT really asking for mechanics to automatically drop the fatties' physical skills after they've really gone to lard, but I could certainly appreciate some game-feature like that in case the busy devs could tolerate that kind of feature.
Thank you! :)

Right now, there's only a combat penalty if they weigh above 175lbs (aprox. 80 kg), but I've planned to make this much more detailed with the new food/economy system that goes live in 0.8.

I also have an intention (if/when I get more hours to invest in this project) to create an additional set of Inspect pics that would display renders ranging between anorexic - normal - chubby - obese.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
html on joiplay not showing the whole screen, help please
Please see this post:

Not yet, sadly. You can sort of work around it by opening the HTML file up in a text editor and changing "initial-scale=1" to "0.5" and then using that baseline to fine tune the number. 0.90 works best on my tablet, with nothing cut off. It's far from a perfect solution though so we can only hope mobile scaling will be fixed eventually.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Is there a way to cheat in this game? I wanna have high stats and a lot of money to just enjoy without grinding.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Is there a way to cheat in this game? I wanna have high stats and a lot of money to just enjoy without grinding.
The standard range of sugarcube cheats apply. Please use the search function to find the posts talking about it, as this question has been asked so many times that all the info you need is available if you look for it.

Reactions: Kadajko

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Hi, I haven't played in a long time. Have implants been added to the game yet?
They have not, with one exception. There is a healing implant you can take on character creation, but implants you can acquire in-game have not been added yet. Grim's current plan is to aim for implants to be added in version 0.8.4. I can't speak for Grim but based on how fast he's pumping out updates I'm betting that we'll see 0.8.4 before the end of the year.

Reactions: GD-studios

Fokko29

Jan 4, 2020
They have not, with one exception. There is a healing implant you can take on character creation, but implants you can acquire in-game have not been added yet. Grim's current plan is to aim for implants to be added in version 0.8.4. I can't speak for Grim but based on how fast he's pumping out updates I'm betting that we'll see 0.8.4 before the end of the year.
Thanks for fast reply!

Reactions: Hargan2

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Are the dev notes up to date? I see this game updating pretty fast for a while now, so i was wondering how many of the stated missing features are already in the game.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes