Nov 20, 2021
GD-studios
I just want to point out that it takes :

1 hour and 18 minutes to go hunting using the shortcut
and
just 18 minutes to get home the same way
and
1 hour and 50 minutes to walk there without the shortcut
Yeah, the new fast travel system was actually a 0.8 feature that I ended up throwing out in 0.7.9.3 already, due to popular demand. I'll tweak all that eventually. :)

Reactions: Green83rry and caju
May 25, 2022
Dev wanted to bring that virgin slave and able add +2 slave into Anexx room on 0.8+ update (he said end june but maybe later date for public)
Oh, that seems promising, but, The virgin slaves are gonna be new characters or the existing ones are going to become virgins?

One of the new systems Grim is going to add is the ability to have domestic servants and such, so the boy and girl will be taken in as servants, not slaves iirc. No sexual content whatsoever afaik.
I expect that was the case, but as KhaiFirst mention.
loli in game is prohibited ?? is just game on slave setting make no sense if prohibited...
Like, I know that is prohibited in F95Zone and is quite controversial, but in a world with slave setting doesn't make sense, like, when a society is base on selling slaves the morals on age get trow out the window.

The game doesn't need loli content because is an eroge, is because the slave setting.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Oh, that seems promising, but, The virgin slaves are gonna be new characters or the existing ones are going to become virgins?

I expect that was the case, but as KhaiFirst mention.

Like, I know that is prohibited in F95Zone and is quite controversial, but in a world with slave setting doesn't make sense, like, when a society is base on selling slaves the morals on age get trow out the window.

The game doesn't need loli content because is an eroge, is because the slave setting.
I get your viewpoint, but that argument is based on sort of a fundamental misunderstanding of how slavery in Raana works. I had the same misunderstanding, and many others do as well because it's never really explained properly. Slavery in Masters of Raana isn't true slavery. It's closer to indentured servitude. To quote Grim himself on an Itch post:

"And yes – comparing this to the roman era would be wrong. Slavery in Ikaanos evolved through poverty and chaos - as a way to protect your family and save yourself from starvation in the aftermath of the severance. The concept evolved from a highly evolved society, and even if 300 years have passed, some "civilized understanding" of a contract between master-slave still exists in today's raanic society.

With that said, it is still perfectly okay to use your slave for sexual purposes, in the eyes of the law, even if some of the girls you meet in Ikaanos might see their contract as a "maid's bond" – never thinking that their apparently kind master would use them sexually. See it a combo of cute ignorance and the civilized remnants from olden days."

Slavery in Raanic society is still at least somewhat based on the idea of a master-slave contract. I don't know how Ikaanian law specifically works, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that contracts with minors are not binding, much like society today.

Also, Grim is located somewhere in Europe, the countries of which tend to have much stricter laws regarding depictions of minors or people with minor-like appearances. I can't claim to speak for him, but that could play a part.

Reactions: Reij
May 25, 2022
I get your viewpoint, but that argument is based on sort of a fundamental misunderstanding of how slavery in Raana works. I had the same misunderstanding, and many others do as well because it's never really explained properly. Slavery in Masters of Raana isn't true slavery. It's closer to indentured servitude. To quote Grim himself on an Itch post:

"And yes – comparing this to the roman era would be wrong. Slavery in Ikaanos evolved through poverty and chaos - as a way to protect your family and save yourself from starvation in the aftermath of the severance. The concept evolved from a highly evolved society, and even if 300 years have passed, some "civilized understanding" of a contract between master-slave still exists in today's raanic society.

With that said, it is still perfectly okay to use your slave for sexual purposes, in the eyes of the law, even if some of the girls you meet in Ikaanos might see their contract as a "maid's bond" – never thinking that their apparently kind master would use them sexually. See it a combo of cute ignorance and the civilized remnants from olden days."

Slavery in Raanic society is still at least somewhat based on the idea of a master-slave contract. I don't know how Ikaanian law specifically works, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that contracts with minors are not binding, much like society today.

Also, Grim is located somewhere in Europe, the countries of which tend to have much stricter laws regarding depictions of minors or people with minor-like appearances. I can't claim to speak for him, but that could play a part.
That makes more sense, in my mind I was comparing the game with ancient Rome or early 1800s Africa where slavery was kinda more outlaw or in a really gray area. Seeing it as a more civil society where slavery was never illegal or developed with that in mind, sounds reasonable.

But, lolis and shotas aside, is kinda weird how the game don't allow the player to do what they want inside their house, like, if the master wanted he could do anything with the slaves and no one would noticed, I feel someone in the city is doing something despicable behind doors.

Anyway, just rambling, obviously the autor will do what they think is the best, lore and setting aside.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
That makes more sense, in my mind I was comparing the game with ancient Rome or early 1800s Africa where slavery was kinda more outlaw or in a really gray area. Seeing it as a more civil society where slavery was never illegal or developed with that in mind, sounds reasonable.

But, lolis and shotas aside, is kinda weird how the game don't allow the player to do what they want inside their house, like, if the master wanted he could do anything with the slaves and no one would noticed, I feel someone in the city is doing something despicable behind doors.

Anyway, just rambling, obviously the autor will do what they think is the best, lore and setting aside.
Oh yeah, no, I totally get it. I actually feel the same way about not being able to do things with your slaves behind closed doors. It took some getting used to, but I don't *really* mind it as much as I used to. You can still use a rope to tie your slaves up and rape the shit out of them though. Just remember to untie them later, because they can and will die if you leave them tied up for several days without feeding them or abuse them too heavily through bdsm interactions. That said, taking this approach will pretty much max out their desire to attempt escape so make sure your defenses are upgraded. Unless they're into the rougher stuff, in which case they won't mind unless you go wayyyy overboard I think.

That said, I do wish some more "hardcore" content would be added, that'd let you really properly use and abuse your slaves. I know I've mentioned something similar to Grimdark before, but I forget if he ever commented on the likelihood of such content being added.

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
Even if the slavery of Raana would be similar to these of the older real history, does that not mean, that there are not things, that society looks down to. And abusing a child might be quite on top of it. Especially when we are in a colonisation setting. Children are the only way a colony survives, so it makes a lot of sense, that they have a special protection, even when slavery is widely accepted.

Reactions: GD-studios and Reij

dmmt

May 8, 2020
If you look at human history, ancient Rome, Babylon, Egypt; more modern slave societies Africa, Asia; children age 10-11-ish...ceased being protected. Hell Sparta, took 6 or 7 yr old boys away from their families and started putting them through the ringers. Protection of children, is a modern construct. Not a historical one.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatsuya25

choontz

Sep 5, 2019
Fictional loli stuff probably can't be added because of dumb real life laws that are everywhere now, not because of any game philosophy reasons.

There's a lot of morally ugly, depraved and brutal stuff you *can* already do in Masters of Raana if you want, depending on how you play your character. Slave lolis wouldn't even stand out that much morally or register on anyone's radar. But with the legal environment nowadays in the real world, if you add it as an option in the game, then every platform will ban your game just to cover their own ass legally. Platforms don't themselves care but just don't want to deal with the possible legal blowback. In this way, the one world nanny state is looking out for you, so that you don't indulge in any wrongthink fantasies accidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if slavery themed games gradually suffer the banhammer everywhere also, in a year or two.

Because it hurts people's feelings, etc. etc. Same argument, same call to ban everything "just to be safe" legally. Same forced impoverishment of the fictional worlds that devs create for us by the nannies who always know better what your fantasies should contain and not contain.

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Remember that the Raanic laws governing slavery was set right after the severance, by a society that was still mostly civil. In reality, little remains of those laws today, two chaotic centuries later. Even if it's still technically prohibited to kill or severely beat your slave for no apparent reason, it's something most of your peers would just shrug about, and no law enforcer would ever act on it unless it's done in the open on a civilized street. And even then you'd only face a monetary fine.

Raanic society has not banned underaged slavery (including for sexual use), as one can read in some of the girls' backgrounds. Taking a very young child for such purposes would be frowned upon by all instances but it's not uncommon or disapproved, from the society's viewpoint, to use younger teenagers in the "full spectrum" of slavery.

Note that this is strictly lore-wise and not something that the player could, or ever will be able to participate in. Having excessive gore and underaged content would force MoR underground and violate even the (very) lenient rules of F95. Any screenshots stating otherwise are either $age variable cheats or mods that've replaced images.

choontz

Sep 5, 2019
Question, you know how there's that character starting option where you have a bad experience on the Mastersphere?

I was wondering if that quest was actually implemented yet, I explored everywhere and the only reference to this circumstance I so far found was when hiring the space marine. The text suggested to raise relationship with him, which I did to about 30 or 40 out of 100, but he doesn't talk much still.

I know the follower relations thing is WIP, does that mean the Mastersphere char-starting quest is also not done yet, or I'm just bad at finding it? ;-)

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
free Romans perhaps; but slaves? Slaves were fair game at almost any age in Rome.
Legally? Absolutely. The pater familias was the master of life and death of everyone in the family, which included slaves. But was it socially accepted? I highly doubt it. The sources, mostly chronicles, mention these things with people, who are not well seen, like Varus. So why is it usually mentioned with unliked people? Because it tells the reader, that this person was a bad one.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Question, you know how there's that character starting option where you have a bad experience on the Mastersphere?

I was wondering if that quest was actually implemented yet, I explored everywhere and the only reference to this circumstance I so far found was when hiring the space marine. The text suggested to raise relationship with him, which I did to about 30 or 40 out of 100, but he doesn't talk much still.

I know the follower relations thing is WIP, does that mean the Mastersphere char-starting quest is also not done yet, or I'm just bad at finding it? ;-)
I was wondering that too. I know there is a couple of starting origin quests, but I didn't really see that in the game, so it still must be WIP. I think for new players WIP questline indicated when starting a character would be beneficial.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes