Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Some moar notes: :whistle::coffee:

*A button for auto eating would be nice. Not the food you pay for but the one you otherwise procure, like by hunting. Clicking the "eat" button every day is kinda annoying after a while.

I don't have time for that bs, like why can't you just chain the bitch to the wall or something? :ROFLMAO::coffee:

*Stamina doesn't seem to increase past 30, ever. Even if you're ripped like a hulk? Welp, there goes our realism huh. :LOL::coffee:
I could have sworn you do automatically eat rations every time you end the day, but I could be wrong about that with the new system.

You can restrain slaves in your basement and leave them there overnight, which will completely remove all escape risk. That said, forgetting to untie them later will lead to them dying due to lack of food/water/care.

Stamina and stamina points are two different things. Your stamina increases, which has an effect on how much damage you can take (among other things.) your stamina points do not increase and are capped at 30, and are just a measure of how many actions you can perform each day.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I think this needs to be flexible. Let you the player define how many party members are slaves and how many are mercs.
4/0, 3/1, 2/2, 1/3, 0/4 should all be viable choices based on your needs for mercs vs slaves

your escape desire is 0 because you are treating them like a princess, honestly mine are too (although I do it mostly to manage their escape desires). The game specifically caters to darker fetishes which would create an escape desire in a slave. He has good points about ineffectiveness of security measures in imprisoning someone against their will.

Just FYI, if you do that improperly she will die from positional asphyxiation
If you want to prevent someone from escaping you use a cell
My point is that the dev doesn't have to do anything to placate his desires. How you play determines how the slaves are and whether I treat my slaves better than him is a game choice I make so it doesn't matter to me that you think I treat them like "princesses". If the way he treats his slaves drives them to want to escape that's on him.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
My point is that the dev doesn't have to do anything to placate his desires. How you play determines how the slaves are and whether I treat my slaves better than him is a game choice I make so it doesn't matter to me that you think I treat them like "princesses". If the way he treats his slaves drives them to want to escape that's on him.
And my point is that your point is wrong.
Dev explicitly created a bunch of content for mistreating your slaves. This means that dev views it as a valid playstyle.
If you do not have the means to keep them from just vanishing despite this, then it makes it a non valid playstyle.
Which means all the work the dev put into this route is wasted.

This game is literally called "masters of raana". as in "slave master". it is in the name.
You call it "placating" as if he is being entitled and demanding. but you are wrong.
It being impossible to retain your slaves in a major content branch is either a bug or a design problem rather than someone being uppity and entitled.

Currently, as far as I am concerned, massive amounts of content (anything the wiki states will raise slave escape desire) is functionally nonplayable.
To be honest this is not an issue for me because I personally have little interest in this content anyways.
I am neither a cuck who whores out his harem, nor do I get off on abusing slaves.
But I recognize that all this content related to it made by the dev is effectively unplayable at the moment.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
And my point is that your point is wrong.
Dev explicitly created a bunch of content for mistreating your slaves. This means that dev views it as a valid playstyle.
If you do not have the means to keep them from just vanishing despite this, then it makes it a non valid playstyle.
Which means all the work the dev put into this route is wasted.

This game is literally called "masters of raana". as in "slave master". it is in the name.
You call it "placating" as if he is being entitled and demanding. but you are wrong.
It being impossible to retain your slaves in a major content branch is either a bug or a design problem rather than someone being uppity and entitled.

Currently, as far as I am concerned, massive amounts of content (anything the wiki states will raise slave escape desire) is functionally nonplayable.
To be honest this is not an issue for me because I personally have little interest in this content anyways.
I am neither a cuck who whores out his harem, nor do I get off on abusing slaves.
But I recognize that all this content related to it made by the dev is effectively unplayable at the moment.
In addition to the fact that you can currently tie up a slave overnight to keep her from escaping, version 0.8 will be introducing a "fear" variable system which I believe may allow players to scare their slaves enough to keep them too afraid to dare risk trying and failing to escape. Version 0.8.2 will be expanding on bondage options, including adding a cage for your slaves, and I believe Grim intends to let you have a proper dungeon at some point, which I presume will include cells. So hopefully the upcoming updates will rectify your concerns and make it easier for people to have a more abusive playstyle.

Edit: Grim said on Discord that the dungeon will be added Soon™ so while I don't have a specific version number to expect it in, Grim has been pretty consistent about delivering on his promises so probably within the next few updates.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
In addition to the fact that you can currently tie up a slave overnight to keep her from escaping
I think that is way too much micro.
version 0.8 will be introducing a "fear" variable system which I believe may allow players to scare their slaves enough to keep them too afraid to dare risk trying and failing to escape. Version 0.8.2 will be expanding on bondage options, including adding a cage for your slaves, and I believe Grim intends to let you have a proper dungeon at some point, which I presume will include cells. So hopefully the upcoming updates will rectify your concerns and make it easier for people to have a more abusive playstyle.

Edit: Grim said on Discord that the dungeon will be added Soon™ so while I don't have a specific version number to expect it in, Grim has been pretty consistent about delivering on his promises so probably within the next few updates.
it is always great when there is a dev who listen to feedback and corrects issues as they are brought up.
Grim is a pretty good dev

Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
manually tying them up every night is too micro to be valid
While it is totally fair to find tying them up every night to be too annoying and repetitive, that doesn't make it "not valid" as a way of escape prevention. But yeah, It's definitely not ideal. Grim has actually been aware of this problem for a while, there's messages from last month talking about it. Something I actually skipped over while looking at the roadmap is that version 0.8.1 is planned to have an overhaul of the escape system, adding options for attacking/tracking down escaped slaves to add more depth to the mechanic.

Reactions: mrttao

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Not in any of my play throughs, one being over 260 days, have I ever had a single slave even want to escape let alone do it. I suppose it's how you play the game and the dev doesn't have to do anything to change that.
Just because they didn't run from you doesn't mean they can't. :sneaky::coffee:
Just FYI, if you do that improperly she will die from positional asphyxiation
If you want to prevent someone from escaping you use a cell
I don't particularly care, cell works too i guess. :whistle::coffee:
I could have sworn you do automatically eat rations every time you end the day, but I could be wrong about that with the new system.
If you turn off paid grub you need to manually feed your mc, i always have tons of food from hunting so i don't see the point in paying for my grub but clicking the damn feed button every day gets annoying.
You can restrain slaves in your basement and leave them there overnight
I know, but i don't want her to kick the bucket, would be neat if you could build some kinda jail cell to keep them in there till the training is complete. I thought may be that Anex building could be it but i haven't checked yet.
Stamina and stamina points are two different things.
Since i mentioned 30 obviously i meant the one that doesn't increase.
30 is hardly enough since different actions consume different amounts, and you'd think grinding your stamina stat would affect the points as well... but nope. :sneaky::coffee:
===================================

Anyway, after grinding my own stats for forever... i really REALLY don't feel like grinding slave's stats as well.... (and you need two of em ugh...)
A bit too much grind for my liking (id still do it if it was at least fun to grind stats in this game but it's not, to me at least, the only exception is hunting and perhaps academy learning), so, it would be nice to be able to just hire 4 mercs instead of having to deal with rising a combat slave that will always be inferior anyway simply because females in this game seem to all have no more than 50 hp which means one crit from a high-end enemy can one-shot them. So why the hell should i insist on slaves for my combat team when i can get mercs that can have up to 150 hp?:ROFLMAO::coffee: Only the problem is i can't get enough mercs, because dev decided that you can't have 4 mercs for whatever reason.

Last edited:

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
thats why you get the slave a stealth suit from crystal hills lol then they never get targeted, as for training them after that just hope for crits and train at home i guess, as for them running away i only had that issues in the beginning when i raped one and they didn't like it haha still have no clue how to lower willpower to make them super submissive but the drug you get might work but id probably save it for the one story slave you need sub for the quest, also i can only guess you have the garden totally upgraded to help prevent running and such otherwise save scum i guess?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
thats why you get the slave a stealth suit from crystal hills lol then they never get targeted
If they never get targeted then that simply means that the damage instead of being spread evenly will be focused on you or your mercs, which can kill you or your mercs, which will bring us back to save-scumming because no way you gonna just gloss over the loss of one of your amazing mercs. Also i want there to be at least a couple of different playstyles, not just one and only viable.

And while we're on the topic of death, making player death non-permanent was kinda pointless, there are a ton of other factors (like the aforementioned good merc loss) that will make players save-scum anyway. :whistle::coffee:

as for training them after that just hope for crits and train at home i guess
Yeah i'd rather not waste my time sitting in the house all day again, i'd rather go and have fun hunting or looting shit instead.
I think i deserve some fun after grinding stats for my main man. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

still have no clue how to lower willpower
Well best way i've seen is to put them in bondage room and max pain and humiliation, you can also talk to them dominantly which will work if you pass the rolls.

also i can only guess you have the garden totally upgraded to help prevent running and such otherwise save scum i guess?
Yes i have everything upgraded but it doesn't matter, especially if your slave has high intelligence.
Save scumming might not work actually unless you have a recent manual save, they seem to bolt when you go to sleep you see and the next day your autosave gets overwritten automatically. So if you don't have recent manual save, you're screwed. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Anyway, after grinding my own stats for forever... i really REALLY don't feel like grinding slave's stats as well.... (and you need two of em ugh...)
A bit too much grind for my liking (id still do it if it was at least fun to grind stats in this game but it's not, to me at least, the only exception is hunting and perhaps academy learning), so, it would be nice to be able to just hire 4 mercs instead of having to deal with rising a combat slave that will always be inferior anyway simply because females in this game seem to all have no more than 50 hp which means one crit from a high-end enemy can one-shot them. So why the hell should i insist on slaves for my combat team when i can get mercs that can have up to 150 hp?:ROFLMAO::coffee: Only the problem is i can't get enough mercs, because dev decided that you can't have 4 mercs for whatever reason.
Yeah, fair enough. The grind definitely turns some people off. I know trying to strike a good balance between wider accessibility and the grind and difficulty of an old-school RPG is something Grim and the community has spent a lot of time and effort on, and things will continue to change as the game gets developed. Preferences differ, and so I can't say whether the game will ever tone the grind down to a level that you consider appropriate, but who knows?

That said, different ways to level up stats and different ways to apply those stats are something that is being constantly expanded upon, so while the amount of grinding may or may not change, the number of ways to go about it likely will and that may provide enough variety to make it enjoyable once enough different ways are developed.

Also upcoming in the 0.8 update are traits, which are assigned to slaves both randomly and a few default ones based on the slave's background. Traits can also be instilled into your slaves through means I'm not yet familiar with as that hasn't released yet. The reason I mention this is because one of those traits is "Tough," which increases slave health to 75 and if further developed turns into "Steel Maiden" which increases slave health to 100, putting them on par with a mid to high level mercenary.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That said, different ways to level up stats and different ways to apply those stats are something that is being constantly expanded upon, so while the amount of grinding may or may not change, the number of ways to go about it likely will and that may provide enough variety to make it enjoyable once enough different ways are developed.
That's what i'm hoping for as well, i don't want to sit in the house and mash the same fucking buttons all day.
So like how i explained he could create different places for different types of training with their own events and stuff when player goes there to train. That will be much more fun than sitting in the house and mashing fucking buttons all day. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Academy is good shit, but needs more events and perhaps some way to mingle with the students.
Gym could be good for stamina and strength training, again with some way to mingle with other people who go there to train, maybe while we train there we could also find some quests or some good fuck.
Then we could make some kinda hunting camp in the woods for dexterity related training, hunting is fun so i think it would be good to expand it anyway. Tie it up to dex and shooting training maybe.
That kinda thing. :giggle::coffee:

Also upcoming in the 0.8 update are traits, which are assigned to slaves both randomly and a few default ones based on the slave's background. Traits can also be instilled into your slaves through means I'm not yet familiar with as that hasn't released yet. The reason I mention this is because one of those traits is "Tough," which increases slave health to 75 and if further developed turns into "Steel Maiden" which increases slave health to 100, putting them on par with a mid to high level mercenary.
Ohh~ now that sounds promising. (y):coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hargan2

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
honestly i never had issues with mercs dieing once i get the best ones with coil guns and sht, that said i do wish i could use 4 mercs since i usually just make the slaves work other then the pricy one at the slave shop who has pretty good stats shes probably the only one i ever worked on raising for fights lol. i know theres more then one way to play but reason i mention the stealth suit is because your probably not going to use slaves in general and letting one die means more training so just sticking her in as a if she hits great if not oh well kinda team member haha ive started over like 4 times but i found i just did the same things mostly and i almost never hunt, i start with the free slave turning her into a professor for a free $100 a day then i do the course for the 2nd "free" slave and do the same since she likes schooling later when i get the anex i stuff them both in after making sure the rooms keep them happy with minimal boosts bought then i get the 3500 or whatever girl from the shop and train her merc wise i use cheep fkers at start then buy the marine at sloppys till 1500 rep then get the black guard and guy from crystal hills thats the long short of it for me

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
honestly i never had issues with mercs dieing once i get the best ones with coil guns and sht, that said i do wish i could use 4 mercs since i usually just make the slaves work other then the pricy one at the slave shop who has pretty good stats shes probably the only one i ever worked on raising for fights lol. i know theres more then one way to play but reason i mention the stealth suit is because your probably not going to use slaves in general and letting one die means more training so just sticking her in as a if she hits great if not oh well kinda team member haha ive started over like 4 times but i found i just did the same things mostly and i almost never hunt, i start with the free slave turning her into a professor for a free $100 a day then i do the course for the 2nd "free" slave and do the same since she likes schooling later when i get the anex i stuff them both in after making sure the rooms keep them happy with minimal boosts bought then i get the 3500 or whatever girl from the shop and train her merc wise i use cheep fkers at start then buy the marine at sloppys till 1500 rep then get the black guard and guy from crystal hills thats the long short of it for me
Interesting. So you can apply more than one slave for the same job?
I trained Piper in dancing for the golden dragon job and also like you stuffed her into Anex after, since then i've been wondering whether you could rise another dancer and apply her at golden dragon as well, the profit from there seem to be even higher than from the professor job. Probably depends on how high the dance skill is. :unsure::coffee:

technojaguar

Jan 5, 2020
Alright, im not sure if this was answered already, but how do you activate stealth mode? Also is there any other way to level up stealth beyond working at the assembly plant?

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I would personally prefer using 4 slaves instead of 4 mercs but, I guess thats just me
Yup point is, dev should just allow people to use who they want for combat. :whistle::coffee:
This is already in the works. But the revamped slave interaction system (which is pretty much done, from what I understand) needed to come first so that this could be implemented.

Once its in, you can select whatever mix of slaves and mercs that you wish.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Since i mentioned 30 obviously i meant the one that doesn't increase.
30 is hardly enough since different actions consume different amounts, and you'd think grinding your stamina stat would affect the points as well... but nope. :sneaky::coffee:
===================================
If im not mistaken, the higher your stamina stat is, the less your stamina pool is drained as you do different activities. I gotta go poke into the code though, so dont quote me on that yet.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
thats why you get the slave a stealth suit from crystal hills lol then they never get targeted, as for training them after that just hope for crits and train at home i guess, as for them running away i only had that issues in the beginning when i raped one and they didn't like it haha still have no clue how to lower willpower to make them super submissive but the drug you get might work but id probably save it for the one story slave you need sub for the quest, also i can only guess you have the garden totally upgraded to help prevent running and such otherwise save scum i guess?

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
That's what i'm hoping for as well, i don't want to sit in the house and mash the same fucking buttons all day.
So like how i explained he could create different places for different types of training with their own events and stuff when player goes there to train. That will be much more fun than sitting in the house and mashing fucking buttons all day. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Academy is good shit, but needs more events and perhaps some way to mingle with the students.
Gym could be good for stamina and strength training, again with some way to mingle with other people who go there to train, maybe while we train there we could also find some quests or some good fuck.
Then we could make some kinda hunting camp in the woods for dexterity related training, hunting is fun so i think it would be good to expand it anyway. Tie it up to dex and shooting training maybe.
That kinda thing. :giggle::coffee:

Ohh~ now that sounds promising. (y):coffee:
This is already planned. As the Academy is a source for raising mental stats, there will be a bootcamp/merc academy location opening soon that the MC can goto to train up physical stats faster and more effectively than at home.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Interesting. So you can apply more than one slave for the same job?
I trained Piper in dancing for the golden dragon job and also like you stuffed her into Anex after, since then i've been wondering whether you could rise another dancer and apply her at golden dragon as well, the profit from there seem to be even higher than from the professor job. Probably depends on how high the dance skill is. :unsure::coffee:
You can have multiple girls teaching at the Academy. Putting one girl at the Arena and fighting daily is the most profitable single job right now that I am aware of. I havent gotten to training up a girl to be a dancer at the Golden Palace yet. I've been too focused on playing around with maxxing out my passive business income.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes