khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Thanksss :love: I'll keep this in mind when I eventually get back to doing combat again, especially that medicine part. For future reference, what training does Cait need to be able to fix duraplate ?
She needs 80 science for that. You're probably going to give her science training anyway so she can be a full professor instead of just a lecturer. But she usually only starts with about 60.

Reactions: Ioreth

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I always go the Professor and crafting route. I always play on grimdark setting. The first thing I do is get the two kids and Ansel. Train all three of them to 60 intelligence and set them all to scavenging. They bring in 30 merchandise a day when they all have 60 intelligence (going beyond 60 intelligence adds nothing more). Then I can pretty much do whatever I want as they sustain everything.
I really should pay more attention to training up my mercs that I'm not using for combat anymore for scavenging/etc. I usually just stick Ansel on scavenger duty with zero training and forget about him. Probably a mistake. Same for the kids.

So many options. You can literally ignore slaves completely. Or completely ignore combat (well until you want to do the quests obviously).
Definitely. My last game I decided to hire zero mercs and only use slaves for anything. Made for an interesting start. Worked fine once I got going but combat was pretty rough initially with zero mercs. Salaries were cheap at least.

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
Thanksss :love: I'll keep this in mind when I eventually get back to doing combat again, especially that medicine part. For future reference, what training does Cait need to be able to fix duraplate ?
Here's how I generally start:- hire ancel,Loren,bud and slave Rebecca - 5 team .Try Westside quest from cloth store for free guns- sell/ purchase rifles for all of squad. Train ranged skill along with Rebecca for next 10-20 days. Each day upgrade your house,train,fight random raiders,raiders at stokehills( spawn in 2-3 days,u'll get notified after going to bed next day). Purchase skill books like charm, science to get a decent stat respectively. Remember,u can't do physical training if you're tired,so if u missed your training and eventually tied u can still read books( use 1$ coffee for Max gain).
Join professor Wolfe 1500/- cource from academy. learn till u get optimised stamina ability.
You start your day at 8 am, game count another dat @12am. Also u can continue till 6:45 am with the same date. I mean if u sleep before @6:45 am and wake up @8:00 am,it'll be the same day and from sleeping u replenish your max stamina that can achieved during a sleep cycle(1:15 hour sleep with all benefits).
Now with this trick at the end of 2 weeks(14th day) go town hall for 5 tier bounty (extreme). Replace ancel & Loren with Felix and unlockable fellow ( forgot his name,call him x)from tavern. Try to get a plasma weapon in first fight,give it to x,give X's magnetic rifle to Felix. Clear neighborhood,try reaching influence 1500 early as possible, I do it arround day 20 .
Once u get access to crystal island replace bud with Ayden,buy duraplate for u and stealth for Rebecca,upgrade Felix Armor to duraplate ( everything will cost u 50+). Register at arena.
Now u have a team with two plasma rifle,1 magnetic,1 rifle ( Rebecca) , allrounder mc. Daily wakeup,train,fight in arena,hunt down raiders- repeat & grind . You can earn 1 grand+ from arena+ 5 tier bounty+ clearing grouped enemies at stokehills.
Try to maximize charm, dominance when comes to training slaves- breaking their will. Buy aria ( very good combat stat), remind her everyday what she's worth( daily -4 willpower). Replace Felix with her. U'll only spend 700$ for two mercs @ end of 30 days.
Once her willpower broken or your relationship is loving marry her. Everyday train strength and melle with your wife aria& slave Rebecca for 80$ each season.
This is how I generally spend my first 40-50 days speed running things. My goal was to get that costly endgame mansion,invest in all possible businesses,have all slaves from markets n quests, complete all possible quests before 100 days. I achieved that in 98 days with a child( faster pregnancy surgery). I generally ignore crafting,hunting, medicine and solely focus on combat for much better reward.

Last edited:

SoMe-1

Jun 27, 2017
Hi Guys, quick question. I progressed through saving Aria's buddies, but after returning I accidentally left the conversation with her without progressing. Now if I talk to her, I can't have the conversation anymore. Any way of fixing that and still progressing?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Hello, how can i capture a female slave in combat? They often die after combat.
Keep in mind that most of the females in combat have low health and little to no armor. So you can 1 shot them with a rifle. I don't risk it. I never hit them with anything other than a whipping cane. With a power attack you can usually take them from full health to captured in 2 hits with a cane anyway. With just about anything else you might kill them.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Have anyone used the "send to the academy" options for your slaves?

Assuming she is leaving a 25$ job we have, per month

30*25(not earned)+30*30=1650$ of montly cost.

And you get, if the wiki it´s right, in the Science Academy or the Knowledge

60 points of influence
1.5 points in Science///2.4 points of Academic
.9 points in Academic///0.3 points of Science
.9 points in Discipline
.6 points of Intelligence///1.2 points of inteligence
.3 points of Willpower///0.15 points of willpower.

Seems pretty awful to me.

Mind you, it´s awful but not unrealistic. If you think in years time, it´s fine. But if you think in terms of the usual length of a gameplay, it´s quite useless

Or I have misunderstood something?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

60 points of influence
.9 points in Discipline

Mind you, it´s awful but not unrealistic. If you think in years time, it´s fine. But if you think in terms of the usual length of a gameplay, it´s quite useless

You're better off home schooling for science/academics. The ones that are potentially worth it IMO are sending Mai Lynn off to cap her gardening or sending pretty much anyone to dance school for discipline/dance/performance. Basically if it can be home schooled, it's better to do that. If it can't then you don't really have any other options.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

60 points of influence
.9 points in Discipline

Some play a run a thousand days or more. It's a way to trade money which you can have plenty of if you've even a basic economic strategy for more training for your girls.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Some play a run a thousand days or more. It's a way to trade money which you can have plenty of if you've even a basic economic strategy for more training for your girls.
I think that's kind of the minimum amount of time needed to make significant progress in some aspects of the game. I tend to start over long before that but eventually I'll manage to get a long play through going.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Just some questions about the tier2 version.

If I have not misunderstood it, you need to get a subscribestar//Patreon 5$ tier and you get access to an HTML that enables some features:

The Tier2+ ($5) version of MoR offers a quest that details the whereabouts and events surrounding your brother, who mysteriously vanished before leaving his mansion to you. This is one of the main quests in Masters of Raana and offers, among other things, a good starting weapon (an ancient Colt .45 Peacemaker) and the possibility to establish a Great House.
What I´m interested about it´s the feature of "establish a Great House". It´s a feature that it´s well developed and gives you access to some sort of political game or it´s still a WIP with just some broad strokes? I have seen some screenshots that hints in this direction, but I don´t know if they are screenshots from 8.2 or screenshots from the tier 2

I believe that the future of this game it´s not more slaves or more quest or more " adventurer" features, but making way to the player being a major faction in Raana politics.

demoldemol

Dec 11, 2021
I believe that the future of this game it´s not more slaves or more quest or more " adventurer" features
I personally hope exact in game developing in exploring&adventuring aspects. They have a good skeleton of mechanic promising world setting and can gain far far more flesh with relative ease.

International relations and player-based politics are obviously (for me) too big for any hope for them in short-mid term.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Just some questions about the tier2 version.

If I have not misunderstood it, you need to get a subscribestar//Patreon 5$ tier and you get access to an HTML that enables some features:

What I´m interested about it´s the feature of "establish a Great House". It´s a feature that it´s well developed and gives you access to some sort of political game or it´s still a WIP with just some broad strokes? I have seen some screenshots that hints in this direction, but I don´t know if they are screenshots from 8.2 or screenshots from the tier 2

I believe that the future of this game it´s not more slaves or more quest or more " adventurer" features, but making way to the player being a major faction in Raana politics.
The political engine/game play will be in the public version. The Great House aspect, I believe, is just the choice to rename your House and gives an extra screen to look at. You're told that your family once belonged to a Great House, but it fell during your father's time, so I suppose you're just somewhat of a commoner with aspirations without it. Perhaps, there will be some other benefit to it in the future.

Reactions: bolondro2
4.50 star(s) 136 Votes