khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Heh, what trait did you just have to have that cost you that brutal movement penalty? Was it Manhunter? Party Animal? After trying three runs with that Limp penalty I swore it off for good. There's nothing they could give me in the 15 point range that would be worth going through that again. You have to upgrade those Stables quite a bit as I recall, it sucks cash out of your early game like cold vacuum.

My current run is a Rise from the Ashes start that I'm 200 days into and we just took down Godzilla. Rebecca in her Stealth suit (I love her--I let the boys take the lumps) was the last one standing, and we barely squeaked it out.

I lost two points Stamina, which is nothing as I took 'Gluttonous' that game and I'd expect to lose that every month in a half or so. That's worked out exactly as I expected as it causes me to stop and train Stamina after I reach my training goal in an attribute and keeps me improving a revolving circuit of slavegirls as 50 stamina is just not enough considering what I expect of them.

It's surprising just how good a character you can end up with if you don't go for level threes in skills. I took an eighteen year-old novice Slaver, Soldier, Businessman and raised attributes to get Brainy and Attractive, took Gunslinger, Biggus Dickus and Teen Subduer and picked up Crafter and Party Animal. To get those I took Debt, Gluttonous, Nearsighted and Unlucky and put the last five points into Charm.

In retrospect Gunslinger was kind of a waste as I don't use it at all anymore, but it was kinda useful early on. I could have had another fifteen pointer but would rather have done without Nearsighted.
Well I was starting over for the bazillionth time and noticed that this was possible on day 1 depending on your choices despite the fact that training caps at 120 even with the dojo as far as I know. I was 10 pts short from being able to do this without Limp otherwise I wouldn't have taken it because it is quite annoying in the early game.

day1.jpg

I'm still playing around with all the new options before I try a Rise from the Ashes start, especially if I decide to do Ironman like I'm doing now. My most important perks for this run are Deadly Strike, Tough, Z Mark, and Manhunter.

So far my combat team is Ayden, Felix, Truls, and Kate. Ayden and Felix don't require much justification. Truls has more health than Ayden, over 100 strength, Brawler, Warrior, and Malevolent so he's a beast in melee. Kate is not very strong but she has both Brawler and Malevolent as well as Shadowborn so her health is irrelevant with her basically having her own personal built in stealth suit, so I don't even have to give her armor. She doesn't have warrior but I can train that up eventually, along with her strength.

Planning to add Cassius to the mix eventually but both him and the chick he's got with him initially are badasses so I'm not ready to try and capture him yet. It's day 6 in my current game and I have the stables maxed out minus the final horse upgrade. I'm not clear on whether that nixes the movement penalty from Limp or not but it does give me fast travel.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I didn't even know that had been added!

Can you have...err...floorcrawlers at this occasion?
Yes but turning on floor crawlers while having a main attraction assigned in Houserules means the main attraction is the only floor crawler for the occasion. Also, vanilla and pure NPCs attending the party as guest will lose 3 affection. The maids can be vanilla or pure, they do not get affected. Only the guests.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Anyone playing the alphas notice the new skill 'Occult?'
I think it's mostly a placeholder for now. Grim mentioned something about it being important for finding out info about upcoming quests/etc but was fairly vague on exactly what that means. I don't think it actually does anything yet but you can get some from from your home library if you're lucky and have the right upgrades.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Re: expert classes. Yeah, I mostly skip the expert traits/classes.

This is my preferred start for the moment:

masters of raana new start cut.png

The starting Intelligence stat is genuinely overkill, you do not necessarily need it that high, but its for personal roleplay reasons.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For me the main reason to pick any of the skill classes is just to meet the minimum stat threshold to pick the traits I want. I would probably go with zero skill classes if not for that. For now I've been taking expert slaver just because I STILL haven't done Adora's quest yet and I want to see it. Other than that I take soldier so I can pick Deadly Strike and either Doctor or Scholar so I can take Brainy.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021

View attachment 3607163

The starting Intelligence stat is genuinely overkill, you do not necessarily need it that high, but its for personal roleplay reasons.
Does intelligence have any major bonus other than hacking? I mean I get what you mean, I always go higher dexterity even though I prefer guns over melee.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Does intelligence have any major bonus other than hacking? I mean I get what you mean, I always go higher dexterity even though I prefer guns over melee.
90 int is required for Master Tactician, but you don't have to start with it that high. It used to affect skill gain from books and classes, but now it affects how long it takes to read books rather than how much skill you get for it. Not clear on whether it afffects classes. I don't think int affects hacking. Science does.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

View attachment 3607163

I was actually kind of curious what a Rise from the Ashes build might look like in the current version so I took a quick look. I think if I was starting one right now this would probably be my build, recognizing that the only way to really get some of the good perks I want is to take some of the bad ones I don't.

test1.jpg test3.jpg

Last edited:

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Is ironman an alpha setting? I dont remember seeing it. and Does it just prevent reloads? (I would be really mad if I missed out on a capture and could not reload)

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Is ironman an alpha setting? I dont remember seeing it. and Does it just prevent reloads? (I would be really mad if I missed out on a capture and could not reload)
Yes. Ironman will be available to public when 0.8.3.2 public build is released. It is a perma death setting as you can see in that picture. As far as I can understand it, if your NPCs end the fight with -20 HP, they die. You cannot revive them.

For example: your NPC has 30 HP remaining in a fight, an enemy hits her for 60 damage, she is wearing leather armor with 10 soak so the damage she receives is only 50, she ends up with -20 HP. That's it, she dies. You cannot resuscitate her with a doctor's kit.

With better and better armor, the chances of her actually dying goes down but, even at HULC armor, you are always at the risk of a random cyber cannon crit.

I think it applies to girls you have in the arena too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seamonkey

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Yes. Ironman will be available to public when 0.8.3.2 public build is released. It is a perma death setting as you can see in that picture. As far as I can understand it, if your NPCs end the fight with -20 HP, they die. You cannot revive them.

For example: your NPC has 30 HP remaining in a fight, an enemy hits her for 60 damage, she is wearing leather armor with 10 soak so the damage she receives is only 50, she ends up with -20 HP. That's it, she dies. You cannot resuscitate her with a doctor's kit.

With better and better armor, the chances of her actually dying goes down but, even at HULC armor, you are always at the risk of a random cyber cannon crit.

I think it applies to girls you have in the arena too.
Permadeath sounds cool until godzilla attacks me and wipes my squad for good, I may still try it though assuming I can avoid him and other super hard fights. I guess this is for people who do not mind if they mess up a capture?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
After trying three runs with that Limp penalty I swore it off for good. There's nothing they could give me in the 15 point range that would be worth going through that again. You have to upgrade those Stables quite a bit as I recall, it sucks cash out of your early game like cold vacuum.
I hadn't taken it before but after trying it I'm going to have to agree. You can get through it once you upgrade the stables but I'd rather just tweak my build to not require it. I redid nearly the same build and didn't need limp. I lost medical but actually had better stats overall without needing limp. I see some sacrificial randoms in my future to grind out medical...

For a Rise start I'm not sure I could come up with a way to get the mandatory traits I want without taking any disadvantages but I think I'd probably still avoid limp. I think you're right that the key there is to limit your skill classes to the bare minimum, probably 2 levels of soldier and nothing else. Then you still have some points for traits.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
For me the main reason to pick any of the skill classes is just to meet the minimum stat threshold to pick the traits I want. I would probably go with zero skill classes if not for that. For now I've been taking expert slaver just because I STILL haven't done Adora's quest yet and I want to see it. Other than that I take soldier so I can pick Deadly Strike and either Doctor or Scholar so I can take Brainy.
You can add points directly to Intelligence in Attributes tab to unlock Brainy.

Personally, I don't think Z Mark is worth 50 points. The 5 health and stamina restored during night is only useful in the very early game and extra stats are kind of meh, as you could instead pick disciplined to speed up training of all basic skills.

Disciplined is of course not strictly needed, but I think it is a good choice when I have some points to spare.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You can add points directly to Intelligence in Attributes tab to unlock Brainy.

Personally, I don't think Z Mark is worth 50 points. The 5 health and stamina restored during night is only useful in the very early game and extra stats are kind of meh, as you could instead pick disciplined to speed up training of all basic skills.

Disciplined is of course not strictly needed, but I think it is a good choice when I have some points to spare.
Yeah Z Mark is just a nice to have. For me the mandatory ones are Brainy, Deadly Strike, Manhunter, and Tough. My latest build I only took 2 skill classes to leave more points for boosting stats. For a Rise from the Ashes start I would just take 2 levels of soldier and no other skill classes so I had pts left for traits. I can get those mandatory traits with a Rise start but my stats are pretty ugly.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
how do i unlock the nurse title ? i dont see it on job/title.
Not available in public build yet. Will be soon. Grim said mid May at the earliest iirc. If you saw the job in the wiki, it is often updated with alpha content, content that are only accessible via patreon and subscribestar subscribers. They get to test new patches 2-3 weeks earlier than non subscribers depending on their tier, iron out some kinks, catch some stray bugs, etc.

Reactions: ghost by the lake
4.50 star(s) 136 Votes