Sep 17, 2017
Interesting, I only need 6 minutes from inside the mcs house to reach Whitehaven. Of course I open the option menu (at home) and then exit the house and then use the mini-map (or city-map) to travel to Whitehaven and that without any stable (but then again the mc does not limp) and that was always the case for me (even in v8.23). On a different note: I still only need 12 minutes from outside the city proper to reach Redhaven/Hamilton/Whitehaven (no more and no less) - at least as long as I use the v8.31 html-file without the bugs/features I did fix.
The issue seems to specifically be with the little toolbar of fast travel buttons above the regular menu in house, the one with Marston Ave, The Shrine, The Academy (and one other button I am forgetting at the moment).

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Is there an optimal build for the yard? I usually keep the grove then make a garden and workshop. Im unsure if to do stables, dojo, another garden etc.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Is there an optimal build for the yard? I usually keep the grove then make a garden and workshop. Im unsure if to do stables, dojo, another garden etc.
Most optimal i can think of is garden + workshop then stable then dojo, later on replace the garden with another workshop if you want even more money. The garden is good early game but later on you'll most likely swimming in cashes, so you can just buy rations in bulk, i'd still keep it tho. The grove seems to serves little purpose except for benefiting npcs with the "shy" trait and players with cult of the elder as their religion. Also don't demolish the scrap heap until there's nothing left to search.

Jun 10, 2022
Most optimal i can think of is garden + workshop then stable then dojo, later on replace the garden with another workshop if you want even more money. The garden is good early game but later on you'll most likely swimming in cashes, so you can just buy rations in bulk, i'd still keep it tho. The grove seems to serves little purpose except for benefiting npcs with the "shy" trait and players with cult of the elder as their religion. Also don't demolish the scrap heap until there's nothing left to search.
Disagree... I think gazebo for pool parties is a huge benefit not to be overlooked.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

trulul

Aug 11, 2023
Disagree... I think gazebo for pool parties is a huge benefit not to be overlooked.
Presumably the gazebo would go into the slot that only has small garden or statue alternative, and thefore not compete with workshops and other big slot stuff. The statue may or may not be worth using another slot for the gazebo.

Reactions: sonhot

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
True. As i have no use for the statue or the small garden so the gazebo will always be build in that little spot in the middle hence i completely forgot to mention it.

Reactions: rKnight

ibell420

May 8, 2021
Not sure if I imagined this but the first time I walked into the magistrate's office there was a button to purchase property. I could not click on it, maybe not enough money. I did the request to talk the junk guy out of burning trash and now no button to purchase property. That would be a nice addition to the game if it is not part of it now.

Reactions: Fauno36

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Speaking of the Gazebo, I have a feeling that Arranging Beer Parties is typically overlooked / underrated.

No building or upgrade needed, only costs $3 per NPC and gives 2 happiness + 1 affection (2 with party animal trait, same as pool party).

Unlike pool party it is not capped at max Loving affection.

Only downside is that it takes 4 hours (if you skip socializing) and needs to be started between 4-8 pm.

You can also do both. Start pool party between 4-6 pm and then follow up with a beer party immediately after for double affection.

Last edited:

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
So i managed to capture some abomination's what do I do with them :unsure:
Besides that is there a way to further decrease willpower if they are already willing

ibell420

May 8, 2021
Besides that is there a way to further decrease willpower if they are already willing
Willpower can be reduced, here is the wiki on willpower...

Reactions: kurum007

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
You had to have visited the Hunt Research in Emerald City. It is right beside the Imperial Arms. You need to have 6000 influence before the receptionist/researcher bothers to talk to you. Once you do click the dialogue, the text "Project Erebos is now available in your NPC menu" will pop up.

You go home, go to NPC Menu -> select the prowler -> Actions -> Project Erebos. They sell for a fixed price of $7500.

Reactions: kurum007

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
That can be interpreted in different ways:
  • a girl bounty for daily bounties; she cannot be captured because the number 1 position on the daily bounty cannot be captured
  • a girl bounty for daily bounties with girls accompanying her; the companions are always capturable.
  • a unique set girl bounty, kinda like Tuner Jackson since, for unique bounties, the first slot is capturable

ibell420

May 8, 2021
Are there different images for the birthday event. I would think it should be but many images seem to be reused. Asking because 2 of my girls have the same birthday. If there are the same images used, it would be nice for a list of unique birthday events. Also maybe I have not seen it but it would be nice for an alert when you wake up letting you know someone is having a birthday, or the head maid coming in to tell you...just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Lurker452

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Not sure if I imagined this but the first time I walked into the magistrate's office there was a button to purchase property. I could not click on it, maybe not enough money. I did the request to talk the junk guy out of burning trash and now no button to purchase property. That would be a nice addition to the game if it is not part of it now.
There are two plots of land in North Redhaven you can purchase to put either a tavern or manufactory. They're kinda tough to find if you don't know where they are already. One is farther west on the street that runs on the south border of your house, the other is south at the very bottom of the street that runs on your western border. They're kinda orangish-looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibell420

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Speaking of the Gazebo, I have a feeling that Arranging Beer Parties is typically overlooked / underrated.

No building or upgrade needed, only costs $3 per NPC and gives 2 happiness + 1 affection (2 with party animal trait, same as pool party).

Only downside is that it takes 4 hours (if you skip socializing) and needs to be started between 4-8 pm.

You can also do both. Start pool party between 4-6 pm and then follow up with a beer party immediately after for double affection.
I didn't even know that had been added!

Can you have...err...floorcrawlers at this occasion?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018

I didn't even know that had been added!

Can you have...err...floorcrawlers at this occasion?
That´s an interesting topic that deserves some research!

I believe he it´s not talking about anything new. It´s just a regular party, but instead of paying for everything, you are a cheap bastard and only buy beer. The costs are

Beer: 3$ per assistant
Snacks: 10$ per assistants
Cigarettes: 4$ per assistant
Drugs: 25$ per assistant
Booze: 15 $ per assistant.

The bad news it´s that if you are a cheap bastard, you gain no influence at all ( 80 people with beer, 240$ expense, 0 influence). The good news it´s that you gain the same affection and happiness that with an all in party.

The influence bonus for a 80 people household, everyone invited, are

Beer + snacks + cigarettes: 0 influence
Booze only: +8 influence
Drugs only: +20 influence
Drugs + booze: +76 influence
Drugs + booze + snacks: 88 influence
Drugs + booze + snacks + cigarettes:108 influence
All in: 124 influence

The influence gain varies with The number of people invited, and also if you have maids in the party

A party, all in, all household invited, with maids (17), 63 participants gives you 141 influence.
A party, all in, all issids invited, with maids (17), 50 participants, gives you also 141 influence.
A party, all in, all girls invited, with maids (17), 37 participants, gives you also 141 influence.
A party, all in, all guys invited, with maids (17), 26 participants, gives you also 110 influence.
A party, all in, just with followers (4) or Mercs (8) , with maids (17), gives you 48 influence

Seems clear that are some cut lines, at least 3 of them. Full influence (37, so may be the cut line it´s 30 or 35 guests), sligthly reduced (26, so may be the cut line its 20 or 25) and greatly reduced (8 so may be below 10). May be there are other bracket in the 11 to 20 range?

Suddenly, the small parties start to gain some appeal. A "just followers" party it´s really cheap (228$) and yields 48 influence. You can make even a smaller party ( with only 3 followers for just 171$) and getting influence at 4$ per point it´s a very good return.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Interesting option, especially for the early part of the game before I've built the gazebo. I'm not sure how often I'd want to spend 4 hours on it, but pool parties are 2 hours so it's not that much more. My current game I started with limp so I'm putting a much higher priority on stables since that movement penalty is just brutal until then. Not exactly clear on how far you have to upgrade them to remove the penalty.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Interesting option, especially for the early part of the game before I've built the gazebo. I'm not sure how often I'd want to spend 4 hours on it, but pool parties are 2 hours so it's not that much more. My current game I started with limp so I'm putting a much higher priority on stables since that movement penalty is just brutal until then. Not exactly clear on how far you have to upgrade them to remove the penalty.
Heh, what trait did you just have to have that cost you that brutal movement penalty? Was it Manhunter? Party Animal? After trying three runs with that Limp penalty I swore it off for good. There's nothing they could give me in the 15 point range that would be worth going through that again. You have to upgrade those Stables quite a bit as I recall, it sucks cash out of your early game like cold vacuum.

My current run is a Rise from the Ashes start that I'm 200 days into and we just took down Godzilla. Rebecca in her Stealth suit (I love her--I let the boys take the lumps) was the last one standing, and we barely squeaked it out.

I lost two points Stamina, which is nothing as I took 'Gluttonous' that game and I'd expect to lose that every month in a half or so. That's worked out exactly as I expected as it causes me to stop and train Stamina after I reach my training goal in an attribute and keeps me improving a revolving circuit of slavegirls as 50 stamina is just not enough considering what I expect of them.

It's surprising just how good a character you can end up with if you don't go for level threes in skills. I took an eighteen year-old novice Slaver, Soldier, Businessman and raised attributes to get Brainy and Attractive, took Gunslinger, Biggus Dickus and Teen Subduer and picked up Crafter and Party Animal. To get those I took Debt, Gluttonous, Nearsighted and Unlucky and put the last five points into Charm.

In retrospect Gunslinger was kind of a waste as I don't use it at all anymore, but it was kinda useful early on. I could have had another fifteen pointer but would rather have done without Nearsighted.

4.50 star(s) 136 Votes