QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I have a question about this game. Last time I played it, which was about a year or so ago, this game was good in many ways. But it felt like it had an identity crisis.

On one hand, it really looked like it wanted to be a game about exploration, training and flipping slaves to get money to get better slaves to get ahead and repeat. That was reinforced by a lot of mechanics like for example the limit on the number of girls you could have in your household at any given time (no, the barracks don't count as it felt like an awkward kludge) and the fact that you could not realistically maintain a friendly relationship with more than one or two at a time unless you made that your full time occupation.

But on the other it allowed you to form relationships and even encouraged it to the point that it made getting rid of any of your girls really just not viable as you'd get attached just as you would to any NPC companion.

And those two natures really clashed with one another.

So my question is, has this been resolved in recent updates and in which direction?

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
I have a question about this game. Last time I played it, which was about a year or so ago, this game was good in many ways. But it felt like it had an identity crisis.

On one hand, it really looked like it wanted to be a game about exploration, training and flipping slaves to get money to get better slaves to get ahead and repeat. That was reinforced by a lot of mechanics like for example the limit on the number of girls you could have in your household at any given time (no, the barracks don't count as it felt like an awkward kludge) and the fact that you could not realistically maintain a friendly relationship with more than one or two at a time unless you made that your full time occupation.

But on the other it allowed you to form relationships and even encouraged it to the point that it made getting rid of any of your girls really just not viable as you'd get attached just as you would to any NPC companion.

And those two natures really clashed with one another.

So my question is, has this been resolved in recent updates and in which direction?
It has. Nowadays you can keep every single unique npc in your unupgraded house with no issues. You can still keep all the random girls but those are the ones that get sold usually. They're unlimited though, so it's not even a big deal.
The update rate of this game is pretty much unseen in this genre.

Reactions: ffive

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Does anyone know who the console command is to return Iona Farley?
Alright, I finally did the Irish Business quest. I assume you lost her during the Irish Business questline.

So, you release her. Once you released her, there is a hidden countdown in the code that you can view with SugarCube.State.active.variables.ionafirst. Do not touch it, do not press enter, do not do anything. Once it reaches "ionafirst = 11", which represents the days, your journal will have a new entry.

Screenshot 2024-09-07 234543.png

If you cannot find her in the countdown days, she is gone permanently. So it starts at 11 out of 25 days. You have 14 days. Save to disk once you get the journal entry change and you cannot really mess it up. It's pretty easy. Just visit districts and hit the magnifying glass button in the lower left.

You will see this option:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
It has. Nowadays you can keep every single unique npc in your unupgraded house with no issues. You can still keep all the random girls but those are the ones that get sold usually. They're unlimited though, so it's not even a big deal.
The update rate of this game is pretty much unseen in this genre.
What about relationships? Do they still tick down incredibly quickly?

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
If you're trying to be a well-liked owner and you treat them ok, once you get them to Undying it's pretty much locked with some exceptions. With House Events or a pool it's EZ mode too.
Bud though... now Bud is INSANELY hard to keep happy because of his Attention Whore trait (that I believe only 1 unique girl has).

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
If you're trying to be a well-liked owner and you treat them ok, once you get them to Undying it's pretty much locked with some exceptions. With House Events or a pool it's EZ mode too.
Bud though... now Bud is INSANELY hard to keep happy because of his Attention Whore trait (that I believe only 1 unique girl has).
That's fine. Really, I don't expect them all to be in love with me if I completely ignore them. But like, in the version I played which was a while back it would literally tick back down to nothing if you didn't pay enough attention to them in a week or so.

I mean, that is indeed enough to somewhat cool off a love interest. But not enough to make someone with a mostly positive disposition reset to hating you.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
That's fine. Really, I don't expect them all to be in love with me if I completely ignore them. But like, in the version I played which was a while back it would literally tick back down to nothing if you didn't pay enough attention to them in a week or so.

I mean, that is indeed enough to somewhat cool off a love interest. But not enough to make someone with a mostly positive disposition reset to hating you.
With constant pool parties? The only ones with affection dropping below loving are the ones specifically with certain traits that forcibly drops affection (Deadly Enemy and Emotionally Detached).

For me, I played since 0.8.2.2 (so maybe you played much earlier), the real stat that I used to see very noticeable drops was Happiness. But the new Household contentment stat introduced in 0.8.3 solves that pretty well. Too well to be honest to the point that traits/items that affect happiness almost never matters once everyone is settled in. Everyone is just Ecstatic levels of happiness every day even with society slowly crumbling around them.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
For me, I played since 0.8.2.2 (so maybe you played much earlier), the real stat that I used to see very noticeable drops was Happiness. But the new Household contentment stat introduced in 0.8.3 solves that pretty well. Too well to be honest.
When in doubt, just buy everybody a pony $5/day riding lessons. :sneaky:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
With constant pool parties? The only ones with affection dropping below loving are the ones specifically with certain traits that forcibly drops affection (Deadly Enemy and Emotionally Detached).

For me, I played since 0.8.2.2 (so maybe you played much earlier), the real stat that I used to see very noticeable drops was Happiness. But the new Household contentment stat introduced in 0.8.3 solves that pretty well. Too well to be honest to the point that traits/items that affect happiness almost never matters once everyone is settled in. Everyone is just Ecstatic levels of happiness every day even with society slowly crumbling around them.
I just checked and the folder it's in is dated 2022. So yea, ages ago. :)

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
Can someone please tell me the effect of dressing a slave with a Karada?
I wasn't able to find any information searching the thread and in the wiki neither.....
I'm not sure on the details but it can help to reduce their willpower over time, maybe depending on their corruption? Also you don't need them to undress for sex:p
I use the Karada with slaves I'm training for Dockgraves.

Reactions: ognelab

Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
Why do you need that leech? :D Just dump him at the first opportunity.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can someone please tell me the effect of dressing a slave with a Karada?
I wasn't able to find any information searching the thread and in the wiki neither.....
This is what i can find in the script (other than various dialogue bits associated with wearing it)

* generic effect from wearing harness or being naked:
if corruption is less than 30, perverted trait at no more than 50: humiliation +2, happiness -1

* for a girl with Shamefast trait, effect from wearing harness or being naked:
if corruption is less than 40: affection -1, humiliation +1, happiness -1, willpower -1 (dice roll)

* for a girl with Vanilla trait, effect from wearing harness:
happiness -1, stress +1, humiliation +1

If humiliation is at 15+ this translates to losing a point of willpower (and humiliation is reduced to 8) so that's an indirect way of affecting it, i guess.

toporiska

Mar 21, 2019
Alright, I finally did the Irish Business quest. I assume you lost her during the Irish Business questline.

So, you release her. Once you released her, there is a hidden countdown in the code that you can view with SugarCube.State.active.variables.ionafirst. Do not touch it, do not press enter, do not do anything. Once it reaches "ionafirst = 11", which represents the days, your journal will have a new entry.

View attachment 4009970

If you cannot find her in the countdown days, she is gone permanently. So it starts at 11 out of 25 days. You have 14 days. Save to disk once you get the journal entry change and you cannot really mess it up. It's pretty easy. Just visit districts and hit the magnifying glass button in the lower left.

You will see this option:

Thanks for your help, thanks to the console "SugarCube.State.active.variables.ionafirst = 11" I was able to update the quest to find her

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
You know what, some of you I actually in game paid 5K to my henchmen and some servants so anyone "New" were willing to stay loyal. 10 to 20 is like total well loyalty...just terrible ones you have get them to earn their pay.
Sending them to school, I had option to send them science/hardware:
Doctor or engineer proficiencies.
Dancing/gymnastic or domestic was a waste of moment, I could have MC home train it or use housemaid job who needed it more.

Love the feature: donate to fort.

Other is you might want to upgrade your home? In order so your house can thwart attempts for escapes?
When I didn't upgrade the walls and create a stable and no guards, well you had an escape every day to the point where someone defaced your perimeter wall.

ognelab

May 9, 2019
I'm not sure on the details but it can help to reduce their willpower over time, maybe depending on their corruption? Also you don't need them to undress for sex:p
I use the Karada with slaves I'm training for Dockgraves.
Thanks.

This is what i can find in the script (other than various dialogue bits associated with wearing it)

* generic effect from wearing harness or being naked:
if corruption is less than 30, perverted trait at no more than 50: humiliation +2, happiness -1

* for a girl with Shamefast trait, effect from wearing harness or being naked:
if corruption is less than 40: affection -1, humiliation +1, happiness -1, willpower -1 (dice roll)

* for a girl with Vanilla trait, effect from wearing harness:
happiness -1, stress +1, humiliation +1

If humiliation is at 15+ this translates to losing a point of willpower (and humiliation is reduced to 8) so that's an indirect way of affecting it, i guess.
So it's just a cosmetic variant to the harness.....? I thought it could be different as the harness stops doing anything when corruption is high enough (except for vanilla slaves).
Could you please point me to the correct way to search for this data? I tried searching "karada" in start_game.html, but didn't find a section for the effect, only some descriptions (or I wasn't able to read what I got....)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Could you please point me to the correct way to search for this data? I tried searching "karada" in start_game.html, but didn't find a section for the effect, only some descriptions (or I wasn't able to read what I got....)
Having it equipped sets theav_wear variable to "harness" so that's the value you can look for in the script. (equipping the Training Harness sets this variable to "harness2") You'll eventually find these:

4.50 star(s) 136 Votes