eusimaeu

May 1, 2019
Chapter 3 when trying to access inventory. I also get an error when clicking on the help button on the laptop, but i didn't copy that one. Also, there is no autosave slot... After these errors the game goes back to main menu and i don't have a save :(

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'UP023/ITEMS/Tooltips/inv_tv.png'>:
  File "game/SCRIPT/DOMINIQUE/SCREEN/Farm screen.rpy", line 433, in script
    call screen barn
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'UP023/ITEMS/Tooltips/inv_tv.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/SCRIPT/DOMINIQUE/SCREEN/Farm screen.rpy", line 433, in script
    call screen barn
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'UP023/ITEMS/Tooltips/inv_tv.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tue Feb 14 21:40:12 2023
This is the error from the help button

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/SCRIPT/pc.rpy", line 80, in script
    call screen pc2
ScriptError: could not find label 'help'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
    run(restart)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/SCRIPT/pc.rpy", line 80, in script
    call screen pc2
  File "D:\New Folder\max life\Maxslife-0.33-full\Maxslife-0.33-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'help'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tue Feb 14 22:00:17 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: ahmad_alsadi

Murew

Apr 27, 2017
Just started game and on chapter 1 remastered, i have only quest to enter bathroom when laura is there but i can only peek. no other quests active-? is this a bug or i need somehow discover something else ?

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I just started chapter 2. Is there no hint system or am i blind ? Also, what's with the lag when selecting options? At first i thought it might be a bad compressed version. I got the uncompressed and it's the same.
If you run chapter 2 in the search bar, you will see it's by far the weakest in the series. Chapter 1 was remastered but chap 2 was not. It's missing the good hint system, it's still got bugs, and it's just not much fun. Most folks, me included, played as much as they could, then moved onto chapter 3, which is the best one in my opinion. Chapter 4 kind of goes off the rails with the focus on sharing/NTR. Which is great, if you are a fan of that. :cry:

eusimaeu

May 1, 2019
If you run chapter 2 in the search bar, you will see it's by far the weakest in the series. Chapter 1 was remastered but chap 2 was not. It's missing the good hint system, it's still got bugs, and it's just not much fun. Most folks, me included, played as much as they could, then moved onto chapter 3, which is the best one in my opinion. Chapter 4 kind of goes off the rails with the focus on sharing/NTR. Which is great, if you are a fan of that. :cry:
Ha. That's exactly what i did. Couldn't take it anymore. Between no hint system and the constant lag whenever a choice is selected, i gave up on it. I`m on chapter 3 right now but can't play this one either because of the bugs and constant errors....

Riz17

Dec 16, 2022
Thank you and yes, but I click on all parts of that area and nothing happens, unless that should happen, anyway I will save this game and load a previous point and I will try again from the beginning of the first Kristel event, thank you again.

-EDIT- The event doesn't appear, can someone tell me what the variable is to force the event? Thank you
-EDIT 2- NVM, Found it and now it´s working.
How did it work... Help plz

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
This may be a dumb question but I don't have time to read through 700+ pages... How do I turn on Incest or ipatch for this game?

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Max's Life Chapter 5 v0.47
Usual gestures, save name/delete etc..
Alternative persistent saves location

Max's Life Chapter 5 v0.47
Mega

Also now you can optionally add the "old video pack" RPA files (only the ones listed below)
in "Documents /Wills747/maxs.life.four/game" folder.(Add the .rpy files as well)

Compressed Old Video Packs:
Add the Old video pack rpy file/s to game folder also.

Old Video Pack Act 1:
Mega
(855mb)

Old Video Pack Act 2:
Mega
(1.21Gb)

Old Video Pack Act 3:
Mega
(1.53Gb)

Max's Life Chapter 1 compressed unofficial Android port.
Grant storage permissions on first run
Mega

Max's Life Chapter 2 compressed unofficial Android port.
Mega
Updated due to some choice button issues

My compressed unofficial Android port for Max's Life Chapter 3 v0.33
Mega

My compressed unofficial Android port for Max's Life Chapter 4 v0.45
Special Instructions:
Unzip and install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to documents/Wills747/maxs.life.four/game folder.
Copy the rpa file to the directory indicated in game. (game will quit now)
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card this may slow the launch.
Advise keeping gl2 disabled unless you have a PowerVR gpu or experiance video problems.
Mega
Updated my Android port to Ch 5 0.47

Reactions: DrZoogie

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
so i am replaying from episode 1 and i am now at episode 2. i've been following the walkthrough but now i'am stuck at Daisy the nun quest. according the walkthrough i need to talk with the first nun again after this scene to talk to the 3 guy at the underground room but i can't seem to enter the room while the first nun was there.
View attachment 2077414
everytime i talk to the first nun this dialog happened and can't seem to continue with the quest where i should talk to the 3 guy there. it won't ley me click on the altar.
View attachment 2077418
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. Read through 20 pages of posts following this post and didn't find anything. I searched and found this post, but other than that searching hasn't been helpful.

Last edited:

Guileless

Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Act 4 full save files. Chapter 4 saves. 0.45 0.43 (this text to aid future searchers)

Hello,

question again, has someone a ch4 full save?
Would be really nice, thanks.
I've found a couple (don't ask how, it wasn't trivial within this massive thread o_O).

Anyone got any info on the next update?

As an incentive ive added The end of 0.45 saved here (NTR(5-3) and Non NTR(5-4) Routes).
Cheers
(this one says for 0.43)
.43 save file
Also attaching a third save I found 2 days ago, somehow, and can't find or credit the original poster for right now, unfortunately. :(

Reactions: MikoKju

Letstryitout

Sep 11, 2018
Abusing the skip option, and have no idea what the hell is going on. I hope it's another movie, that turned into flintstones for a while.

May 24, 2018
Act 4 full save files. Chapter 4 saves. 0.45 0.43 (this text to aid future searchers)

I've found a couple (don't ask how, it wasn't trivial within this massive thread o_O).

(this one says for 0.43)

Also attaching a third save I found 2 days ago, somehow, and can't find or credit the original poster for right now, unfortunately. :(

thank you very much.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
So which chapters are worth playing if you aren't a cuck?

From what I gathered Ch.4 is the NTR chapter, and Ch. 2 sucks.

Should I start with chapter 1 or just go straight for chapter 3?

3.70 star(s) 94 Votes