4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
I started playing DmD for the story until it turned out the daughter had the maturity and sexual awakening of a preteen and then it turned groomy and a bit creepy. I also found out I preferred Georgina and some of the other girls with no interest in the daughter so stopped playing and haven't touched it since.

The story here was great and the scene with his friends sister along with the aunts model and writing and then things hit creepy as fuck town when Melody was talking to her friend who looks far younger than anything he's put in his games before.

I have a limit and that was it. Elena in DmD was bordering but managed to just stay on the right side of the line but the friend in this game not only hopped the line but ran screaming straight into kiddysville.

I was enjoying the story but it's overshot my limit in what i'll download on a character model. Law is pretty black and white here, if it looks like a child it's ********** and that looks like a child. Not worth the risk.
what's your opinon of Jennifer in DMD then? I avoid her completely because it's just too creepy and her character is my main gripe with dmd
Regarding the girl in this game,Sophia,she really does seem like she's day over 18 but i don't find her look that childish,i'd compare her overall looks to elsa jean for example,and she's 21

Reactions: Les_Riggs

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
what's your opinon of Jennifer in DMD then? I avoid her completely because it's just too creepy and her character is my main gripe with dmd
Regarding the girl in this game,Sophia,she really does seem like she's day over 18 but i don't find her look that childish,i'd compare her overall looks to elsa jean for example,and she's 21
I didn't get far enough into DmD to notice much with Jennifer. By the time it got to her and Elena "experimenting" i'd already given up.

It's a shame here because the story was quite endearing but I don't want to risk downloading something that questionable.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Does the dev have interest in massage fetish?
The relationship in DMD is literally built on massages and here in this game we already got one from Isabella.
Not saying it's weird or anything. Just asking?
It's a handy plot device, especially in a visual medium. It serves as a bridge between casual flirting and nudeness+physical contact.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Is this game well within the Patreon guidelines?
it's disguised as such, but the incest part is well masqueraded

MrDots has a flexible legal system in his world. The D of DMD is an adult who has no adult rights and the MC in Melody gets sued for "marital assets" without marriage.... In the US community property and common law marriage only exists in some areas. So my thought is, the characters are lovely and the legal stuff is set dressing who cares if it is wonky.... people from a myriad of legal systems are supposed to enjoy it so gray areas are fine.
probably it was implemented as a chance to be in touch with the ex

The other women, the aunt and the neighbour are also very likeable characters to the point that it may become difficult to chose...
why chose when you can have em all? till it bites you in the butt..

Sucks i think you are not gonna be able to date Isabella since the game is about Melody. I really like Isabella and she has had a crush on you since like highschool and you liked her maybe later in the game you can be with her.
You never know. Isabella seems resourcefull

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
A really good introduction to the game so far and seems promising.
I love how each of the characters were fleshed out in the span of what is essentially 2 episodes and they're all likeable on their own merit. Melody is quite a sweetheart and her personality is a lot more believable than D's especially considering the circumstances.
The renders are up to par with the current quality of DMD which is fantastic.
Taking everything into account I left this introduction to the game optimistic and, just like many others here, am looking forward to seeing Melody being developed side-by-side with Dating my Daughter. :eazyHype:

On a side note it's great seeing MrDots embracing the full-body, scroll up shots that you often see in Dreams of Desire, My Cute Cousin, etc. They look nice! :happyblush

sc w1mcapt m48.jpg sc w1melodysroom m12.jpg sc w1timshouse t122.jpg sc w2amylunch l18.jpg sc w2club c54.jpg sc w2melodyskype s44.jpg sc w2pool p38.jpg

Daerque

Donor
Dec 15, 2017
@Hercule_Poirot = MC is a studio musician. He has hinted he did not cut all ties with being a studio musician. His friend said "You owe me a cover" and he agreed, he's talked about maintaining contacts with the studios, and if worse comes to worse, it's likely he can just jump in his car and camp out a studio for no more than a few days until he gets a session.
Now THAT gives some insights as to whats, whys and wherefores in a world that I have zero idea about...the professional music world. That answers many questions. Thanks, @muttdoggy :)

As for the cutting of ties, I have a bit of experience with that as well, having been divorced twice, and in both cases, left the relationships with the clothes that I owned, and such as that. Kept nick nacks, or anything of that sort. If they did, so be it. It was over, and I dislike looking back to much. Keeps me from being able to see the wall of life ahead until I run face first into it. Bloody noses aren't a good thing. lol

Reactions: muttdoggy

Daerque

Donor
Dec 15, 2017
I actually think DMD became so popular in part because of its long build up
I like the 'slow burn' style of starts as it gives more depth and background possibilities to all of the characters involved. This same style is often used in many movies, especially dramas. Enter lead characters, background of leads, gradually introduce supporting casts with backgrounds of lead and supporting history, etc. All the while, the main plot line continues to progress, and slowly start building momentum/speed with occasional spikes or twists. Example of this in DMD was the taking of D back to the home country without the MC's awareness/knowledge of it. Classic crisis mode interjection...and one that was well set up and done.

Reactions: dedi33

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
I really liked this game, more than DMD. I like the fact that the mc is likeable but girls don't drool over him like in DMD, it was unrealistic and somewhat annoying. Also this mc is not a pervert, again unlike dad in DMD, and it feels nicer, I just hope that the dev can make the seduction of the more reluctant girls natural and not rushed or forced. For the more (sexually) matured women, like Isabella, that won't be a problem I think. Actually he handled the Isabella route very well.

It seems to me that some people are already alleging that there will be some incest in the game (maybe the mc is Melody's dad????) but I hope this game won't go that way. I have no problem with incest in games, actually I like it in some of them, but it will make the whole situation uncomfortable and the mc a douche for walking out on her mother.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, that was nice. but that was to be expected.
So far aunt Amy is far more to my liking than Melody, I have to say. Definitely going for her route if that's possible.

I admit I was thinking the same thing many others did, when hearing about the musician father who left Melody's mom, but like I wrote elsewhere, it's not like incest has to be everywhere and despite patreon, there's still tons of incest games around.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I admit I was thinking the same thing many others did, when hearing about the musician father who left Melody's mom, but like I wrote elsewhere, it's not like incest has to be everywhere and despite patreon, there's still tons of incest games around.
after a moment of thoughtfull consideration i wouldn't like that

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
It seems to me that some people are already alleging that there will be some incest in the game (maybe the mc is Melody's dad????) but I hope this game won't go that way. I have no problem with incest in games, actually I like it in some of them, but it will make the whole situation uncomfortable and the mc a douche for walking out on her mother.
People here tend to see incest everywhere, but I think the game is not going that route. Maybe in a few years when a Patreon alternative is found we see something like that happening but for the moment, it still is a non-incest game to me.

Reactions: Stakos

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
If MC turns out to be Melody's father (I really really hope not) it's just DMD recycled.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I just hope they leave the question of whether MC is Melody's father (which I honestly hadn't even thought of before reading this thread) completely unanswered. Let those who want him to be imagine that, and everyone else can just go on with the game without it.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
That certainly seems possible, but having in mind that the MC mentioned that he barely had enough to move into a motel for a few days (by selling some instruments). That would imply that he had no gigs coming, and having in mind that he wanted no part in that world, it would mean that he was expecting for that tutoring job to pan out, who knows? maybe he's just an easygoing guy, who expected to convince Melanie's aunt into paying for more lessons.

Honestly, I'm expecting him to go back into that scene, maybe not as a studio musician, but as a manager or something less stressful for him, who knows? maybe he could become Melanie's Manager.

On to your next reply, wouldn't it be nice if there had been an awkward encounter among the MC's friend's sister, his ex, and Melanie? Their death stare's power would be...wait for it...over 9000!!
Who is Melanie?

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes