4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

AdultJunkie

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Idk guess I must be tripping then... all of the strong points from the reviews are exactly the opposite to me lol...

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Idk guess I must be tripping then... all of the strong points from the reviews are exactly the opposite to me lol...
That's okay, we don't all have the same tastes and there are plenty of games out there to try. But I am curious to hear what exactly you didn't like. You haven't gone into any detail yet.

Sekianer

Nov 7, 2017
I really like the game so far. It looks pretty good and has a nice amount of content for V. 0.01. Very promising!

AdultJunkie

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Like I said, if it was an unknown developer it would be a solid start for 0.01v at least.
Just when you look who is behind it, then it starts to bother you that there are almost no visual improvements over the dmd.(ok maybe Melody is cute an all) but seriously the world and the characters you meet at the beginning, its such a low quality render...Shadows, lightning, posing its just terrible for his reputation and for the guy(or team) that had like $15k a month or more for a longer period of time... Also, you would expect gameplay improvements, better menu etc... all those little things that with the new project he could`ve had done...
But on the other hand, people seem to like it and that is a good start. It will be interesting to see how will he manage to develop now 2 big projects...That to me is a challenge...

Reactions: JRD

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
@AdultJunkie Heh, I thought you were annoyed with the characters or the plot, perhaps thought it too vanilla or something. But it's your "developer's eye" that is annoyed. It reminded me of an anecdote so listen up :). A teacher friend of mine went to London with a drama class on a study trip. The students are 16-17 years old. They go to a big musical and he ends up sitting next to a student who had done the lights in the class' own shows. While there are 40+ people on stage dancing he notices the student next to him looking up. The student looks at him and says "there are at least 200 lights up there!". Never mind the dancers, the orchestra and the show, look at those lamps :) Just goes to show how differently we perceive things.

AdultJunkie

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
@
Great story. Yeah, guess its something similar to me also...

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
i wish the characters are not all shaven down there,landing strip on Melody and Becca would be great
I don't see Melody or any of the girls having hair down there. Perhaps Amy or Rebecca will :evilsmile: but since the game happens on Doughnutworld, I believe all girls will go full shaved.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Even a full bush on one of the girls would be nice!
No the MC is not her father if he was the Aunt would say hey you are my sisters's ex who ran out on her and on top of that the MC does not seem like that type of guy.

Reactions: Uncle Grabby

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Like I said, if it was an unknown developer it would be a solid start for 0.01v at least.
Just when you look who is behind it, then it starts to bother you that there are almost no visual improvements over the dmd.(ok maybe Melody is cute an all) but seriously the world and the characters you meet at the beginning, its such a low quality render...Shadows, lightning, posing its just terrible for his reputation and for the guy(or team) that had like $15k a month or more for a longer period of time... Also, you would expect gameplay improvements, better menu etc... all those little things that with the new project he could`ve had done...
But on the other hand, people seem to like it and that is a good start. It will be interesting to see how will he manage to develop now 2 big projects...That to me is a challenge...
Don’t disagree on some points. His lighting and free floating camera style by the end of DMD Ch1 is not fully evidenced in Melody for as much as I would like. However, there were more things in the startup that technically took time away from some of these areas that are now water under the bridge as we move forward. Hopefully this will be evident in the next release. —. I find the quality of choices with the women, however, above and beyond those in DMD so he is starting with a stronger base design at the beginning of Melody than he was with DMD.

Reactions: atlas114

BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
I have a theory that is most likely wrong,but what if the mc is melody's real dad?its possible just not likely on account of patreon tos xD

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I see one mistake so far i never went to the interview an the game acts like i did go see Leslie.

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
This was a pretty good start for a new game

I know most people here care about DMD but I am interested to see where this one goes

Nothing wrong with having two games to check out, especially if it prevents Patreon cracking down on him

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
Regarding this and your other previous posts, you're not alone in being skeptical about this game.

On a wholly personal note, I can't stand the font the team chose to use. And the different colors for characters is also annoying.

It feels like people are caught up in the hype right now, and not realizing that if this were a first offering from any other developer there wouldn't be nearly the same level of attention as overall it's mediocre at best. It feels rushed (as he's trying to retain as many supporters as possible), sanitized (as Patreon made the team submit the script prior to release so they could approve), and no better than DmD in terms of technical quality (as you've pointed out).

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes