• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

carter111

Jul 26, 2017
if u screenshot a jpeg file and save it as jpeg you are adding compression twice, if you want to show the differences as close as possible you have to save it as .png (lossless) even if the original is indeed a jpeg.

you are right the renders are not the same but you can clearly see a drop in quality at least if ure using a pc maybe less so on the android version given the smaller screen of smartphones.

in my previous post i was just asking whether it was "mr dots games" that dropped the quality of their game or if it was a user re-encode of the game. because if it is the latter even I with crappy internet by 2019 standards can download a 4gb game in less than 5 min with NOPY or MEGA and i dont know if it is worth it at least on the PC version, i might understand some ppl wanting to save space on android tho..

anyways i know, beggars can't be choosers, but if it is a user re-encode i hope that sooner or later we will get to see the original.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
if u screenshot a jpeg file and save it as jpeg you are adding compression twice, if you want to show the differences as close as possible you have to save it as .png (lossless) even if the original is indeed a jpeg.

you are right the renders are not the same but you can clearly see a drop in quality at least if ure using a pc maybe less so on the android version given the smaller screen of smartphones.

in my previous post i was just asking whether it was "mr dots games" that dropped the quality of their game or if it was a user re-encode of the game. because if it is the latter even I with crappy internet by 2019 standards can download a 4gb game in less than 5 min with NOPY or MEGA and i dont know if it is worth it at least on the PC version, i might understand some ppl wanting to save space on android tho..

anyways i know, beggars can't be choosers, but if it is a user re-encode i hope that sooner or later we will get to see the original.
It's not a screenshot.I just posted the images after using unren on Melody 0.01 and 0.12.For the WEBP I save it as jpeg in order to let me post it here,but the change is not that significant like you made it sound.It is a diffrence of 36.8KB.
Also he use this method because of the many complains the game is going too big.And he is not the only one.I still remember how DoDana was more than 10GB way before the end:)

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Hmmm, I am on my Melody only path, and I did nothing with Fi, I refused all options, and it still says that we had sex.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
do i put the lewd gallery in the melody folder and if i do where dose it go?
You can open the gallery also in the main menu of the game... Anyway for the lewd gallery you don't need to put it in a folder... Extract it only and enjoy the pictures :)

Reactions: TheFinder

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
It's not a screenshot.I just posted the images after using unren on Melody 0.01 and 0.12.For the WEBP I save it as jpeg in order to let me post it here,but the change is not that significant like you made it sound.It is a diffrence of 36.8KB.
Also he use this method because of the many complains the game is going too big.And he is not the only one.I still remember how DoDana was more than 10GB way before the end:)
Especially when there are shadows the difference is actually quite noticeable, they look much more blocky and less smooth, and the overall image is less crisp; the game looks still great of course but there IS a difference.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
So the MEGA link is a compressed version ? ahhhh
Hm, I don't think so.

Just downloaded from the official MrDots link at SubscribeStar and compared the regular edition vs the "extras" edition to be sure both had the same base content - the link offered here seems to be for the full "extras" edition.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Especially when there are shadows the difference is actually quite noticeable, they look much more blocky and less smooth, and the overall image is less crisp; the game looks still great of course but there IS a difference.
And where I have said there is no difference?
I just explain that this is the normal version of the game we get,not the crunched,squished or whatever you call it.

Reactions: TheFinder

arms99

May 11, 2018
Whoever did the lewd gallery for the last 2 updates must have a thing for Rebeca. She's in every single pictures in the last 2 pages

Nobodyelse

May 26, 2019
My previous save doesnt work at all. Wtf, it gives me the same fucking message like every other game when there's a problem

Nightwings

Jan 17, 2018
Again MC forgot the lub for Melody's ass...
He already did it in last DMD...

MrDots does the pleasure last... :devilish:

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes