Jaacker

Oct 24, 2019
I recently downloaded the game and I can tell this is a pretty well done game, I will try to pay for it whenever I have the money

The only real complains I have for now (6 hours in, without yet entering into act 2, playing the Version 1.0) is regarding the overworld in most cases. It becomes kind of annoying having to go through 3 menus being
The area menu
The subway menu to go to another area
The subway menu again to get back into the overworld from that area you moved into
And also How there is no "Close" Area to the right side of the map besides Dockside, those 30 seconds or so walking to get to the Iron cartel HQ is annoying enough for me to not bother most of the time to go there.

Besides that the rest of things I have to say are just observations, not really complains. Overall I still like the game.
The amount of skill points you get per level feels a little too much, Seeing the skill trees at the start made me think I would need to get to level 30 or so to unlock every skill tree in a class, But by the time I am level 10 or so I have half the skill tree in each subclass unlocked, I though I would need to be more mindful of my skill points, Maybe make it so you can get more uses of a class feature in a fight to compensate the extra skill points? Being able to dash/run more than once in a fight among other things would be nice.

I was wondering for a while what was the Knowledge stat when I was doing some of the overworld missions, and after seeing how it is flavoured as knowledge of magical/arcane stuff I was wondering why the value was based of the Technology stat, Unless that is something that you plan or want to change later.

It was kind of bothersome how you can body block yourself movement wise when in other strategy games like Final fantasy tactics or fire emblem allow you to go through allies without problem, But I understand why it was designed that way when I take into account how LoS is important in this game too.

Knowing the accuracy or hit success of an attack would be nice, But i think people already gave their opinions with that so I will not linger much with this detail.

That is pretty much it. Again, kudos to the dev, You made an excellent game and I can see it even if im barely scratching the surface of it, I will try to pay for it asap and if my income allows it.

Reactions: Tyranicon

Nafnlaus

Nov 29, 2019
During Isutyr's quest "The Abyss"

I talked to Director Mitty after entering the door.
The Crasher (zombie..?) fight starts.
We win and the fight ends.

The game gets stuck "Loading" ... forever.

I've tried to get past this fight 4 times now, it freezes every time. Game version 1.02.

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
So I'm a little confused as to how much content there is with the dating part of the game. After you start a relationship with a character is there much else to do? I'm in Act II and I haven't gotten any more requests to talk from the characters despite having high trust.

How much of the game is affected by who you are in a relationship with?

And the room doors... In the beginning there was a scene with one of the fmcs serving a client. Is there more of this? Perhaps the other characters serving clients with you watching/listening? Though this is just me liking that sort of "sharing" content.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
During Isutyr's quest "The Abyss"

I talked to Director Mitty after entering the door.
The Crasher (zombie..?) fight starts.
We win and the fight ends.

The game gets stuck "Loading" ... forever.

I've tried to get past this fight 4 times now, it freezes every time. Game version 1.02.
Yeah that happens with some players, still haven't figured out why. But in version 1.03 and above, you can toggle autosave off so it doesnt freeze your game.

So I'm a little confused as to how much content there is with the dating part of the game. After you start a relationship with a character is there much else to do? I'm in Act II and I haven't gotten any more requests to talk from the characters despite having high trust.

How much of the game is affected by who you are in a relationship with?

And the room doors... In the beginning there was a scene with one of the fmcs serving a client. Is there more of this? Perhaps the other characters serving clients with you watching/listening? Though this is just me liking that sort of "sharing" content.
There aren't activities, but there are slight differences going through the story depending on who you romance, usually in the form of dialogue. I do intend on adding more of this in a companion expansion that will come with the spa area update.

There's like two or three more minor things that may seem like voyeur content, but nothing big. I should probably think about adding something....

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aquilez

DoofusWombat

Apr 4, 2022
Having just stumbled upon the game looking for something new and interesting I was mostly pleasantly surprised. In Particular I cannot help but compliment the fact that some work was put into the setting. Mainly defining the world in both faction and lore terms that makes such a game much more enjoyable and functional as a "Game" and not just a CG set with some text taped onto it. So Thank You. For actually putting some thought in and planning it out, good or bad too many are locked into generally the same modern, fantasy, and very rarely sci fi type settings. Something new in the genre is nice to see.

Of course I do feel the game is not quite ready in a lot of ways, not just bugs but many rough areas of gameplay and design, which I assume is being worked on so no real need for me to say anything there.

Instead I would like to highlight one issue that I noticed kept coming up in the back of my mind while playing. Starting with a bit of a caveat here to make things clear at the start why and where I am coming from with this is that I generally hate all kinds of NTR topics. Okay with that said as you may have guessed from the previous sentence the issue I have is with the fact the word "Brothel" in the title and throughout the game lacks any sense of relevance or purpose. Can change the name of the location to a bar or club, the courtesans to whatever else bartenders, waitresses, dancers, etc., and nothing would have to change. It creates a strong disconnect from the title and concept the whole story revolves around, in fact even some of the lines the characters themselves mention. For example Diana speaks of having a few regular customers but not working as a courtesan full time before mentioning the same can be said of Zafra and Windress. Which is about what I would expect of the entire theme the game is based around, and what kind of really sets the tone of the setting the characters inhabit and interact in. Yet we never see that side, its mentioned and involved in the story at points with invitations to parties and the like as well, but never shown. There is a feeling of irrelevance even if we generously include the initial introduction after that it is never shown again.

So whining aside what can be done? Well a lot but I feel the simplest solution is to just use the rooms. The occupied Light on allowing you to use the existing sex scene animations with a bit of text when they are working as courtesans. Setting based on a timer or times of day or whatever method have the screen next to the door light up when in use and a little access menu to show the scene or something of the sort. What's more doing so can allow a fairly simple tie in with the management aspects. Lets use Zafra as an example, of the I believe a total of four levels zero to three for security she would have less requirement to be in charge of security and thus more time spent as a courtesan. So for level zero she would be full time security and level 1 would free up more time to the point at level 3 she would not be needed on security at all. Same would apply to others Diana for administration for example. No idea for Windress I have no idea what she does if not a courtesan as she just sits there? I mean being able to make a phone call to friends she knows in other factions isn't really a job? In keeping with the setting would either be automatic or set through Diana I suppose but choosing to increase or decrease their courtesan work should also increase your income giving incentives for making choices in how you relate or don't with them. So say you don't want any NTR content with the girl you choose, fine focus on her and have her stay busy till setting an exclusive relationship or if it is not automated don't increase courtesan work through Diana. But the others you can then have generate more money to fund everything. Essentially putting the choices and repercussions into your hands, the significance of which gives more meaning to both choices. Which is really the key, I understand that most people do not like NTR, but it is also fine as long as it is related to a choice or option that can be avoided. The reverse also applies as well, in that making a choice that that results in levels of compromise gives more significance to the relationships themselves as well. I suppose for Female MC would be options to work herself or maybe seduction check bypasses for talking or something?

Aside from that there may be other ways to like recruit others and generally actually manage the place? Isutyr and Kaywin I suppose being the obvious examples but there was also that one quest where you can tell a girl to go to the guild, but if you take charge of it instead would represent another option. Could also affect faction relations based on who you pick. Point being that immersion is helped a lot by giving agency to decisions and interactions which reflect the world, in this case the absence of a major component makes things feel too clean or perhaps clinical to be involving.

Anyway all that aside Thank You again for a good game.

Reactions: RNDM

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Anyone got the problem with animations being ridiculously fast? Any way to fix that?
try toggling monitor fps synch on or off.

Having just stumbled upon the game looking for something new and interesting I was mostly pleasantly surprised. In Particular I cannot help but compliment the fact that some work was put into the setting. Mainly defining the world in both faction and lore terms that makes such a game much more enjoyable and functional as a "Game" and not just a CG set with some text taped onto it. So Thank You. For actually putting some thought in and planning it out, good or bad too many are locked into generally the same modern, fantasy, and very rarely sci fi type settings. Something new in the genre is nice to see.

Of course I do feel the game is not quite ready in a lot of ways, not just bugs but many rough areas of gameplay and design, which I assume is being worked on so no real need for me to say anything there.

Instead I would like to highlight one issue that I noticed kept coming up in the back of my mind while playing. Starting with a bit of a caveat here to make things clear at the start why and where I am coming from with this is that I generally hate all kinds of NTR topics. Okay with that said as you may have guessed from the previous sentence the issue I have is with the fact the word "Brothel" in the title and throughout the game lacks any sense of relevance or purpose. Can change the name of the location to a bar or club, the courtesans to whatever else bartenders, waitresses, dancers, etc., and nothing would have to change. It creates a strong disconnect from the title and concept the whole story revolves around, in fact even some of the lines the characters themselves mention. For example Diana speaks of having a few regular customers but not working as a courtesan full time before mentioning the same can be said of Zafra and Windress. Which is about what I would expect of the entire theme the game is based around, and what kind of really sets the tone of the setting the characters inhabit and interact in. Yet we never see that side, its mentioned and involved in the story at points with invitations to parties and the like as well, but never shown. There is a feeling of irrelevance even if we generously include the initial introduction after that it is never shown again.

So whining aside what can be done? Well a lot but I feel the simplest solution is to just use the rooms. The occupied Light on allowing you to use the existing sex scene animations with a bit of text when they are working as courtesans. Setting based on a timer or times of day or whatever method have the screen next to the door light up when in use and a little access menu to show the scene or something of the sort. What's more doing so can allow a fairly simple tie in with the management aspects. Lets use Zafra as an example, of the I believe a total of four levels zero to three for security she would have less requirement to be in charge of security and thus more time spent as a courtesan. So for level zero she would be full time security and level 1 would free up more time to the point at level 3 she would not be needed on security at all. Same would apply to others Diana for administration for example. No idea for Windress I have no idea what she does if not a courtesan as she just sits there? I mean being able to make a phone call to friends she knows in other factions isn't really a job? In keeping with the setting would either be automatic or set through Diana I suppose but choosing to increase or decrease their courtesan work should also increase your income giving incentives for making choices in how you relate or don't with them. So say you don't want any NTR content with the girl you choose, fine focus on her and have her stay busy till setting an exclusive relationship or if it is not automated don't increase courtesan work through Diana. But the others you can then have generate more money to fund everything. Essentially putting the choices and repercussions into your hands, the significance of which gives more meaning to both choices. Which is really the key, I understand that most people do not like NTR, but it is also fine as long as it is related to a choice or option that can be avoided. The reverse also applies as well, in that making a choice that that results in levels of compromise gives more significance to the relationships themselves as well. I suppose for Female MC would be options to work herself or maybe seduction check bypasses for talking or something?

Aside from that there may be other ways to like recruit others and generally actually manage the place? Isutyr and Kaywin I suppose being the obvious examples but there was also that one quest where you can tell a girl to go to the guild, but if you take charge of it instead would represent another option. Could also affect faction relations based on who you pick. Point being that immersion is helped a lot by giving agency to decisions and interactions which reflect the world, in this case the absence of a major component makes things feel too clean or perhaps clinical to be involving.

Anyway all that aside Thank You again for a good game.
solid points, thanks! Also appreciate you seemingly making a new account just for this post. Yes, so I do regret putting the word brothel in the title and perhaps leading people to think there will be NTR content when the game is honest pretty vanilla in terms of the sexual content and the relationships have a vaguely bioware feel to them (besides having a harem of course).

You will see the guild hall/brothel come most "to life" during the hosting contract missions, but unfortunately those are text only and a lot of players probably skip those. Otherwise the sex that is happening all the time at the brothel is mostly hinted at and insinuated, but never quite shown. This is on purpose (although how well it works is yet to be seen) since I wanted the game to have a classier, more elegant feel. Like that of the courtesan's guild itself.

But I dunno, weird philosophical design choices may not suit the theme.

Last edited:

DoofusWombat

Apr 4, 2022
solid points, thanks! Also appreciate you seemingly making a new account just for this post. Yes, so I do regret putting the word brothel in the title and perhaps leading people to think there will be NTR content when the game is honest pretty vanilla in terms of the sexual content and the relationships have a vaguely bioware feel to them (besides having a harem of course).

You will see the guild hall/brothel come most "to life" during the hosting contract missions, but unfortunately those are text only and a lot of players probably skip those. Otherwise the sex that is happening all the time at the brothel is mostly hinted at and insinuated, but never quite shown. This is on purpose (although how well it works is yet to be seen) since I wanted the game to have a classier, more elegant feel. Like that of the courtesan's guild itself.

I can completely understand the dilemma, both from a personal perspective and designing the concept. As I already stated I don't enjoy NTR content which is why it may seem like a weird stance to suggest. Honestly I think you did a good job in the choice of theme of a cyberpunk, or mass effect, or I guess any really modern type sci fi needs some kind of darker side to really bring out the story and characters. It is nothing like fantasy where its "Oh perfect wonderful hero who saves everyone in a perfect world surrounded by perfect people" type of setting. Which is why I really like your setting and the way the factions and characters interact. Maybe it is just me who feels as though there is no NTR aspect as long as it is a choice on the players end? Where you can restrict it by talking to Diana after building and upgrading facilities to even activate it in the first place. Sure maybe I or most people wouldn't use it but knowing it is there makes a huge difference in giving significance to my choice of not using it. To use Bioware as an example choosing to be Paragon has far more impact and meaning when you know there is also a Renegade option that lets you say punch someone in the face instead of being reasonable. The opposite being true as well, both sides are validated by the existence of the other option I suppose.

I guess in simple terms I thought of it more like the relationship choice? Ignoring the harem option for the moment when you choose between open or closed relationships I want to feel like I am making a decision that matters and affects the lives of the characters involved. By choosing a closed relationship and say reducing the profit is an acknowledgement of belonging to each other exclusively and comes at a cost for both. On the same page if you just want to min max and don't really care or are into NTR you can choose the open option and deal with the repercussions. As is whether you choose open or closed there is no change save a few lines of dialogue so it gives the feeling that the choice itself doesn't matter much when you make it.

To be Clear here I am not whining or complaining or trying to demand "Do what I want in your game", so apologies if I can come off that way, just trying to give some insight into what I noticed from a playthrough, so apologies if I came off kind of stiff and haughty. Of course as I mentioned I would love to see more management options as well including maybe a third floor where you can recruit others but all those gameplay enhancements are secondary to me, as I guess I wanted to feel more attached to the characters and the decisions I make with how they affect them and the world around us. I think what really got me was the illusion of choice type options where no matter what you pick there is barely any difference in the result.

Still Thanks for the response it is always nice to know that regardless of the result your words got through.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
try toggling monitor fps synch on or off.

So since it does pretty much just focus on harem building content alone, is there a route for romancing every single one of the heroines together instead of just choosing one? I kinda hate when games claim to focus on harem building then pussy out and tell you you're forced to pick one girl (*cough* Braveheart Academy *cough*) because FUCK monogamy in a harem game.

Also I watched your YouTube video from 7 days ago and you were playing build v1.04? Is that the latest update available on Patreon or something?

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
So since it does pretty much just focus on harem building content alone, is there a route for romancing every single one of the heroines together instead of just choosing one? I kinda hate when games claim to focus on harem building then pussy out and tell you you're forced to pick one girl (*cough* Braveheart Academy *cough*) because FUCK monogamy in a harem game.

Also I watched your YouTube video from 7 days ago and you were playing build v1.04? Is that the latest update available on Patreon or something?
There's not a sole focus on just harem content. Best way to think of the game's relationships is like Bioware romances, but with sex workers. But, yes you can have sex with multiple characters with no consequence. There are three relationship types for most characters: closed, open and harem. You can have 6 characters in your harem since the last three are closed only, buttttt there is an in-game cheat that lets you add the last three to your harem anyways.

v1.05 is the most current version, and is available through steam, itch, or whenever someone updates this thread. Patreon backers get the same version, but through steam or itch.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
There's not a sole focus on just harem content. Best way to think of the game's relationships is like Bioware romances, but with sex workers. But, yes you can have sex with multiple characters with no consequence. There are three relationship types for most characters: closed, open and harem. You can have 6 characters in your harem since the last three are closed only, buttttt there is an in-game cheat that lets you add the last three to your harem anyways.
So the only way to have all 6 in a harem together is to cheat, and there aren't any harem endings or scenes with all 6 girls together? Well, that is catastrophically disappointing. I enjoyed the relationship system in DA Origins, but not in an hrpg where there is a large focus on sex scenes as well. I was hoping this game would be something like Apostle or Apostle: Rebellion where the true goal IS the harem/open relationship, since the aesthetic and lore of this game is way cooler. That's unfortunate.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
So the only way to have all 6 in a harem together is to cheat, and there aren't any harem endings or scenes with all 6 girls together? Well, that is catastrophically disappointing. I enjoyed the relationship system in DA Origins, but not in an hrpg where there is a large focus on sex scenes as well. I was hoping this game would be something like Apostle or Apostle: Rebellion where the true goal IS the harem/open relationship, since the aesthetic and lore of this game is way cooler. That's unfortunate.
I probably worded it properly. There's 9 romancable companions, 6 are open to a harem option and the last three are cheat-only for a harem.

The sexual content in this game is lighter compared to most other adult games, since that's not where the main focus is. Like I've said previously, this is a RPG with sex scenes, not a sex game with RPG elements. That's probably disappointing for some people, but that's just what I had time for.

There are probably going to be more sex scenes incoming, and I'll be taking a more content-rich approach for my next game.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
The sexual content in this game is lighter compared to most other adult games, since that's not where the main focus is. Like I've said previously, this is a RPG with sex scenes, not a sex game with RPG elements.
I think going into development with that mindset isn't the greatest, because you shouldn't focus too heavily on one element over the other. If you are making an hrpg, you have to focus just as much on the H and have it just as fleshed out as your worldbuilding, story, combat, and all that shit to make it a truly great hrpg to stand out from the myriad of others. While your worldbuilding for Moonfall is really good and I like what you did with each faction a lot especially the implied eldritch being worship, if I were to judge your game by story and worldbuilding alone since it focuses on that over the H more, then I would be comparing it alongside games like of course your biggest inspiration, the Shadowrun trilogy, and games like Disco Elysium, which is just kind of unfair to your game.

So I think focusing on H is just as important so the people who play it will go, "Okay yeah, this game has a lot of interesting backstory and characters, but not only that, it has a FUCKTON of excellent lewd content so not only do I get to bust a bunch, but it also has its hooks into me for all the other aspects of the game as well." and making all the lewd content blend seamlessly into story and character building where it feels like it's just as important as well makes it even better, because then it doesn't even feel like side content. Just some food for thought for your next project, maybe lol.

orcoboia2

Apr 22, 2021
Is there a time limit for quest/stuff in general?
And do i lose the chance to get side quests or advance relationships if i do the main story?
Is there free play after the story is done, or do i have to start back from the beginning if i still want to play?

Sillynius

Sep 29, 2019
Hi, all the h-scenes of the gallery are unlocked when i finish the main story missions?

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I think going into development with that mindset isn't the greatest, because you shouldn't focus too heavily on one element over the other.
That's just wrong. A developer can absolutely focus more on one aspect of their game over others if that's the game they want to create. If they want to make a game with a heavy focus on story and gameplay with a few H-scenes added as an extra, that's completely fine. The sexual content can be just a part of the fiction and help reinforce the atmosphere and themes.
To be clear, I haven't played this game yet, so I don't know where the focus really is. But in the description on the first page sexual content isn't even mentioned. So I think you can't even say that you were misled by anything other than your own expectations.
People on this site have a warped view of what an adult game is. If it's not complete debauchery 100% of the time people call it bad and say it shouldn't even be on the site, ignoring that the "no sexual content" tag exists for a reason. Basically "I can't fap to it so it's trash".
The quality of adult games is not entirely dependent on how good of a fap you had with them. They have stories and gameplay for a reason.

I played this dev's previous game, Singularity, which has no explicit sex scenes and liked it for the gameplay and story.
I bought Memoirs on steam and will try to play it when I have the time. If this game is similar in focus and quality, I'm probably going to like it as well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alfre4u

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
That's just wrong. A developer can absolutely focus more on one aspect of their game over others if that's the game they want to create. If they want to make a game with a heavy focus on story and gameplay with a few H-scenes added as an extra, that's completely fine. The sexual content can be just a part of the fiction and help reinforce the atmosphere and themes.
To be clear, I haven't played this game yet, so I don't know where the focus really is. But in the description on the first page sexual content isn't even mentioned. So I think you can't even say that you were misled by anything other than your own expectations.
People on this site have a warped view of what an adult game is. If it's not complete debauchery 100% of the time people call it bad and say it shouldn't even be on the site, ignoring that the "no sexual content" tag exists for a reason. Basically "I can't fap to it so it's trash".
The quality of adult games is not entirely dependent on how good of a fap you had with them. They have stories and gameplay for a reason.

I played this dev's previous game, Singularity, which has no explicit sex scenes and liked it for the gameplay and story.
I bought Memoirs on steam and will try to play it when I have the time. If this game is similar in focus and quality, I'm probably going to like it as well.
I didn't say that and you're taking what I said out of context based on a fringe emotional reaction to defend a dev you like against my criticism. I said that the H should be just as important to focus on as the other aspects of a game in an H game, because that's ultimately what the majority of the people who play your game are coming to it for. You can rant about how much better everything else is in the game all you want and how everyone here on this site judging a game for how much they nut is a bad thing, but at the end of the day people come to play an hrpg for the h first and foremost, and that's perfectly normal and reasonable.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Is there a time limit for quest/stuff in general?
And do i lose the chance to get side quests or advance relationships if i do the main story?
Is there free play after the story is done, or do i have to start back from the beginning if i still want to play?
No, time is there mainly to tracking building upgrades and your salary.

Starting Act 3/endgame will remove the ability to complete quests or use the overworld, and the game will tell you this.

There's isn't currently freeplay after the story is completed, but I will be adding that with a future update (probably end of this month actually).

Hi, all the h-scenes of the gallery are unlocked when i finish the main story missions?
No, the gallery is unlocked due to which characters you've romanced.

Reactions: biuvakhang
3.70 star(s) 17 Votes