3.70 star(s) 18 Votes

BRdsky

Mentor Life
Game Developer
May 13, 2021
It is quite strange to hold the phone in my hands, write in English and communicate with you again. In these 4 months I had forgotten that not long ago this was my everyday life and now I can only dream about it. Quite a lot has changed in my life, but most importantly I can finally give you at least a little bit of information about me and the game. For those who do not know, I live in Ukraine and my country is at war. At the beginning of March my city was completely deprived of gas, electricity, water, internet and cell phone service. We had to learn the new realities of life. We had to light a fire 3-4 times a day, walk to the other end of the town and stand in line for 3 hours to get a couple of liters of water from a well or a borehole, as well as get warm and sleep in clothes when the weather was below zero and all this was accompanied by the sound of mortar shells flying over us. I had to do this every day for the entire four months. Where I did the same thing just to survive... and for the most part I never fell down just because of my family and the fact that I had a job I loved that I thought about every day. These two factors motivated me to live and do my best to protect my family and continue to develop Mentor Life. Unfortunately my mom got hit by a piece of mine, but thank God she's okay and she's in the hospital right now... Grandma is still in the bunker, she's a tough nut to crack :))...all 5 cats are safe and sound too, hehe. I want to believe this will all be over soon and there will be peace in my country and I won't have to see my city turn into ruins with nothing but burnt out black houses. I am a little white envious of each of you, because I miss the ordinary, normal life so much :) Now I am in a small quiet town where I came for groceries and medicine to bring them back to my town.

Good people have told me there's internet at one cafe, so I've just run here to write you a little message about myself and connect with friends and relatives. Most of them thought I was long dead, hehe. I want to apologize to all my subscribers who have supported me all this time. I'm sorry for the way things turned out and I really tried, despite the difficult circumstances, to finish the new version of the game in March. I even had a dream in April that I had 0 subscribers on patreon because I didn't keep my word and everyone unsubscribed, hehe. I'll be sure to check and add all the names to the club or room board walls even if you're not already subscribed. I am grateful to everyone who has supported and is supporting me. Patreon income was and still is my only source through which I have lived and helped my family. Now I can not use the bank or a bank card, but at the end of the war all the money that brings me Patreon will go to restore the health and apartment of my mother and grandmother and I will continue to please you with a game that you are likely to have forgotten about, hehehe : ) I'm so glad I finally managed to let you know about myself and that as long as I'm alive the game will not be abandoned. I'm still writing scripts in my notebook before I go to sleep and as soon as I get electricity I'll go straight to work in the studio and make pictures. I live for the day when I can again tell you all that the new version of the game is ready. If possible I will write to everyone who messaged me on discord and patreon.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones, BRDsky.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
CharaStudio-2022-03-07-21-01-51-Renderа.png

Hey everyone, now working on getting out to a new country and start a new life and continue game development. Preparing and collecting all the documents to make everything official so there won't be any problems at the border. So hopefully the next news will be very soon and I will be able to tell you that my family is fine and now there is nothing to prevent me from continuing game development...

I miss all of you guys. Take care, BRdsky.

Last edited:

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Hello my friends, how are you doing? I will get right to the point. The documents are almost ready, but there is one big problem for every man personally who will try to get out of the territory where I am now. I'm sure there won't be any problems with my family leaving, but with me...well I just want to say if I don't get in touch or report something by the end of September I'll probably get sent to the army and not know when I can resume my career as a super game developer and try not to die at all, lol. I know it's not funny, but I always try to stay optimistic no matter how hard things get. I know that my destiny leads me through a path that I can walk, which means everything will be as it's destined to be. So here's the deal...the first day I feel like I and my family are safe I will let you know right away...and it won't be about the bad now. I am sure that starting next month I will be able to continue quietly but continue to develop my beloved and so desired game of Mentor Life. I miss all the girls from my game, the mc, I am so excited to show you a new version of Mentor Life...I am so jealous of every developer who can brew fresh strong coffee in the morning and start working on his game...and remembering myself and my mental problems...man, it sounds so funny now :))) I want to talk to you more openly and show you all what I went through but for safety's sake I will do it a little later. Love you guys, BRdsky.

BRdsky

Mentor Life
Game Developer
May 13, 2021
And how long is this rain going to last?
Sometimes I feel like it's been going on so long that I've lost count... a week, a month, a year? Well, in the beginning it was fun to count how long it would last, but now...it's routine. You just get out of bed and know that nothing has changed...it's raining outside and your life hasn't changed a bit since the rain started. It's like that movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I hope I can find a way out of this situation. The rain will surely end and I will be able to start a new day with big changes in the morning...where I will see you...my darlings, outside the window with glimpses of sunlight. I find inspiration and motivation to move forward simply because I know there are people on this planet who are so dear to me and so important that I can't let this rain get me off track. And in spite of all the confusion and complexity of the situation, I will definitely meet you... girls. I'm glad you don't see it... because for you it's just a moment, but for me...

Your Mentor.

Ohhhh, I almost forgot. Has it really been a year since I've been your mentor? How time flies...It's as if I remember now walking into the school and seeing you...Mia, Astrid, Dorothy, Rosalie, Beatrice...how are you? Although, who am I talking to, they can't hear me because of the rain...but I'll come back to you...I just need time...time. 1.png 2.png

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
We actually going to see an update it's been so long I forgot about this game.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1668356138060.png

1668356155895.png

1668356169260.png

Mentor Life Is Back

Every day since February 24 I have done everything I could for my family to be safe...at the time it was hard for me to realize how far this would go. After that there was not a single quiet night in Ukraine that passed in silence. We were surviving, we were doing everything we could to stay alive. Many of us didn't want to leave, to leave our homes, our land, but most of us had to do it...because we had lost our homes. In the middle of March, I lost two houses. The place where I lived, grew up, and dreamed turned into tears for my mother and grandmother. We stayed on our land even though our houses were no longer there. In early May my mother was wounded in the arm by a mine fragment...we were preparing for the worst because she had lost a lot of blood, but thanks to the military who took her to Dnipropetrovsk region and our doctors they were able to do everything possible to have her arm fully functional. The next time I will see my mom will be in 4 months. We were left alone with my grandmother. It was a hard time but as I wrote earlier I didn't doubt myself for a second. I prayed for my mom, for my country, and when I had a chance I always thought about my game. I couldn't let my family down and I couldn't let my game down (yes, I treat it like something alive). It may seem strange to you that at a time like this he is thinking about a game...but the point is that through this game I found my meaning in life. In the evening when I had the chance I wrote in a notebook script for version 0.4+, my laptop I buried so no one would steal it or take it away. Protecting the laptop was a challenge for me...but I did my best. In the evening we lit candles and had dinner with my grandmother. She told me a lot about my mother and about herself. When else would I have learned about it if not in moments like these? In all of this, we also found our good moments. In separating the good and bad moments I realized how unique life is and now it speaks the only language to me. It explained to me that I won't always get what I want. Sometimes I just need time and always remember it by putting it somewhere close to my heart and then at a certain point it will do what you want. I'll never forget that moment and the words that a close friend said to me: "Do you still want it?" - "Yes! Of course!", - "Okay, then, listen...". After that, three days later, I was in a European country. Yes, guys, I did it...no, we did it! I know many of you were worried about me and my family, writing to me and supporting me. Thanks to everyone who played my game and cheered me on the whole time. I will be adding the name of every patron who supported me $3+ on all club boards for the upcoming updates. To each patron who supported $10+ I will take all the promised custom photos. I will text each of you for details. This will take some time because right now I'm in focus for the 0.4 version release. I hope for your understanding. And lastly, I want to make it clear. We Ukrainians did not want all of this. Millions of people left Ukraine not of their own free will and now all these people are refugees in foreign countries that have welcomed them. We wake up every morning and read the news and hope that very soon we will be able to return home to our own land and there will be no more war. In the meantime, we need to adapt to the new realities of life. Learn a new language, get a job, help people like you and pray for our Ukraine.

I don't know exactly when there will be an update. I need to register with the police, the Red Cross, employment office, and a lot of stuff for refugees. But I'll work on the game every day.

Always in touch with you, BRdsky.

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
View attachment 2166833

View attachment 2166834

View attachment 2166835

Mentor Life Is Back

Every day since February 24 I have done everything I could for my family to be safe...at the time it was hard for me to realize how far this would go. After that there was not a single quiet night in Ukraine that passed in silence. We were surviving, we were doing everything we could to stay alive. Many of us didn't want to leave, to leave our homes, our land, but most of us had to do it...because we had lost our homes. In the middle of March, I lost two houses. The place where I lived, grew up, and dreamed turned into tears for my mother and grandmother. We stayed on our land even though our houses were no longer there. In early May my mother was wounded in the arm by a mine fragment...we were preparing for the worst because she had lost a lot of blood, but thanks to the military who took her to Dnipropetrovsk region and our doctors they were able to do everything possible to have her arm fully functional. The next time I will see my mom will be in 4 months. We were left alone with my grandmother. It was a hard time but as I wrote earlier I didn't doubt myself for a second. I prayed for my mom, for my country, and when I had a chance I always thought about my game. I couldn't let my family down and I couldn't let my game down (yes, I treat it like something alive). It may seem strange to you that at a time like this he is thinking about a game...but the point is that through this game I found my meaning in life. In the evening when I had the chance I wrote in a notebook script for version 0.4+, my laptop I buried so no one would steal it or take it away. Protecting the laptop was a challenge for me...but I did my best. In the evening we lit candles and had dinner with my grandmother. She told me a lot about my mother and about herself. When else would I have learned about it if not in moments like these? In all of this, we also found our good moments. In separating the good and bad moments I realized how unique life is and now it speaks the only language to me. It explained to me that I won't always get what I want. Sometimes I just need time and always remember it by putting it somewhere close to my heart and then at a certain point it will do what you want. I'll never forget that moment and the words that a close friend said to me: "Do you still want it?" - "Yes! Of course!", - "Okay, then, listen...". After that, three days later, I was in a European country. Yes, guys, I did it...no, we did it! I know many of you were worried about me and my family, writing to me and supporting me. Thanks to everyone who played my game and cheered me on the whole time. I will be adding the name of every patron who supported me $3+ on all club boards for the upcoming updates. To each patron who supported $10+ I will take all the promised custom photos. I will text each of you for details. This will take some time because right now I'm in focus for the 0.4 version release. I hope for your understanding. And lastly, I want to make it clear. We Ukrainians did not want all of this. Millions of people left Ukraine not of their own free will and now all these people are refugees in foreign countries that have welcomed them. We wake up every morning and read the news and hope that very soon we will be able to return home to our own land and there will be no more war. In the meantime, we need to adapt to the new realities of life. Learn a new language, get a job, help people like you and pray for our Ukraine.

I don't know exactly when there will be an update. I need to register with the police, the Red Cross, employment office, and a lot of stuff for refugees. But I'll work on the game every day.

take care man and be safe, we're rooting for you and ukraine so the war can end quickly

• Red Heart
Reactions: ElukiaTV and BRdsky

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
We are more than happy just knowing you and your family are safe. First of all, to get yourself and family settled, and secure safety and future.
And after all that, we can go back to bitch about the horny VN.
Take care and i hope you all have everything going as smooth as possible from now on.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BRdsky

van321

Jan 7, 2021
If we don't end war, war will end us. :(

That you and your family are now safe is most important. You will always be in our thoughts, be what the thoughts of a bunch of horny anons from around the world is worth. It won't put food on the table, but if it can give even just a chuckle for a fraction of a second, that is something. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: BRdsky

BRdsky

Mentor Life
Game Developer
May 13, 2021
banner 0.4.png

[Mentor Life 0.4] - Changelog & Release Dates

Every day I woke up and believed that one day I would have this opportunity. The opportunity to announce a new update that has been in development for over 10 months. It's scary to imagine what I could have done in that time and how much we could have seen by now. But we will never know. We have to start from the beginning and it doesn't make me sad at all. After everything that has happened to my family and my country, I am glad that I finally have an opportunity to announce a new update of my game.

After a long "rest" my perception of the world has changed quite a bit and in general I can say that I have changed. So in the future you will probably feel these changes in the game. I would say it has played out for the better for the game. 0.4 will be a transitional update between the past and the future. Half of this update was written back in mid-February when I was feeling more and more confident about my future and the fact that I love what I do. The other half was written already here...in a country that was giving me temporary protection while my country fights for its freedom. I think you understand a little bit how I feel now.

0.4 will be remembered as not only the longest update of my game but also the most emotionally and technically challenging. Despite the fact that the 0.4 draft was made at the beginning of February it was hard for me to finish it after such a long period of time. I had to stick with it even though I would change a lot of things in 0.4 now. I just find it hard to believe right now that half of the update I was writing/doing images/animations while my city was being shelled. I really believed it would be over soon and I just want to do what I love. I was wrong. Now there isn't a single house in my town that's left unscathed. Now what about the technical side. I started this game with absolutely no idea how such games are made. I didn't know a single line of code, I've never been seen as an author of any book and I didn't know that to make a picture you need certain programs, mods, etc. and at the end you just have to press Fn+F11. I learned everything on my own and never asked anyone for help. Maybe it took more time but I had a lot of fun when my code started to work after a week of constant errors. In 0.4 I had another challenge waiting for me. I found that the animations I was doing really pushed my CPU to 100% and my already poor laptop which I hid in the ground from being stolen or destroyed just made a really loud noise and quietly hated me xD I want to thank enigami and Danders for confirming my problem after which I realized that the problem was definitely not with my laptop but with something else. I accepted the challenge and spent a week trying to figure out what the problem was. I'm willing to accept a million of these problems 'cause it still doesn't compare to what my country is feeling right now.

This update could have come out much earlier, but as you know life does not always go smoothly as we plan.

Changelog:
  • 23k+ words
  • 530+ images
  • 14 animations
  • New characters added
  • 12+ new music tracks
  • 20+ new sound effects
  • grammar and code fixes
Release dates:
  • The Ministry of Control Tier (BETA) - December 12
  • Department of Secret Control Tier - December 14
  • Department of State Control Tier - December 18
  • Department of School Control Tier - December 22
  • Club Vice President Tier - December 26
  • Public Release - December 30

BRdsky

Mentor Life
Game Developer
May 13, 2021
ban04.png

Mentor Life [0.4] - Public Release

Hey everyone, how's it going?

The public release is already here! I look forward to sharing with you the excitement of this update. So don't forget to share your impressions and emotions. If you have any requests or complaints about the game, I'll always be happy to talk to you in discord.

Some users who played my game on large monitors complained about the quality of pictures. The reason was mainly because of the compressed webp format. I replaced all the pictures in the game with jpg and the game was only 150 mb heavier. Thanks for helping to improve the game.

If you don't have a save or errors appear you can start a new game and click "play from the last release".

Have a good game :)

Download v0.4:

PC -

Mac -

Android -

Miror -

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Mentor Life [v0.4] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.21 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 686 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 671 MB: -

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my

Last edited:

BRdsky

Mentor Life
Game Developer
May 13, 2021
Happy New Year!

Lola refused to pose for your New Year's wallpaper because she thinks it is unacceptable for her...but after getting lots of compliments from you she couldn't refuse. Sometimes even the baddest girls melt in front of compliments :p

Much health to each of you and your family. I hope 2023 will be unique for each of us. Love and care.

BRdsky

1.jpg
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes