3.40 star(s) 12 Votes

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
Wait Name Encoding? Also I took your patch dropped in the game folder and overwrite the files.
Japanese characters are completely different from the English ones. That's why you need to change Name Encoding to Japanese before you extract the game and the patch.

If you couldn't understand from my explanation a simple Google search will show you how to do it.

That aside, I can't see how this patch could result with this problem. I didn't change anything connected to iconsets.

Do you see this problem in the launching of the game, loading a save or maybe encounter it while playing ?

KloneZone

Apr 24, 2020
Japanese characters are completely different from the English ones. That's why you need to change Name Encoding to Japanese before you extract the game and the patch.

If you couldn't understand from my explanation a simple Google search will show you how to do it.
I have zero clue how to do this and google isn't helping maybe I searching for the right thing I don't know.

Do you see this problem in the launching of the game, loading a save or maybe encounter it while playing ?
Right after I applied the patch I launch the game and the error pops up before I get to the main menu.

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
I have zero clue how to do this and google isn't helping maybe I searching for the right thing I don't know.

Right after I applied the patch I launch the game and the error pops up before I get to the main menu.
Now, I am not sure what exactly is wrong because I couldn't replicate the issue. But first let me ask, was the game working properly before you applied the patch ?

Name Encoding is a simple thing I always do.

First of all open the games compressed file, Mercenary_Band_NTR.zip or something similar.

Then, find the "Options" button in the WinRAR. Click it and find the "Name Encoding" option. Clicking the Name Encoding will show you a list, you need to choose "Japanese Shift-JIS" from that list.

That's all.

Neriathis

Feb 2, 2022
Now, I am not sure what exactly is wrong because I couldn't replicate the issue. But first let me ask, was the game working properly before you applied the patch ?

First of all open the games compressed file, Mercenary_Band_NTR.zip or something similar.

Then, find the "Options" button in the WinRAR. Click it and find the "Name Encoding" option. Clicking the Name Encoding will show you a list, you need to choose "Japanese Shift-JIS" from that list.

That's all.
dude, ignore him. he is just a lazy bum with no brain cells. Let me try your patch. will tell u the result.

Reactions: kazukazowsky

Neriathis

Feb 2, 2022

That's all.
working great dude! if u could translate these too, that would be awesome!

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
working great dude! if u could translate these too, that would be awesome!
This game is written in an unnecessarily complex way.
I mean, there was no need to change Japanese characters to Unicode, plugin worked normally without it, but they did it anyway.

In same way, I am having trouble finding exactly how to translate sex status because translating variables did nothing and changing CommonEvent just breaks it completely.

I will still take a look at it but someone more experienced could probably handle it better.

Reactions: Neriathis

KloneZone

Apr 24, 2020

That's all.
Wait i'm using 7 zip not winrar.

Dec 26, 2019
This game is written in an unnecessarily complex way.
I mean, there was no need to change Japanese characters to Unicode, plugin worked normally without it, but they did it anyway.

In same way, I am having trouble finding exactly how to translate sex status because translating variables did nothing and changing CommonEvent just breaks it completely.

I will still take a look at it but someone more experienced could probably handle it better.
I was someone who took a proper look at the h-stats translation, this was done in the old translation thread, in my first post in this thread I explain why I dropped it, you can see if you read #129, I also had a discussion with another user who was also looking into translating them, they responded to my original post at #152 and ended at #154, there is some useful information there. In the posts I stated that T++ converts all the characters into Unicode.

The posts are located a couple pages back, on page 8.

The main reason why it is not worth translating the h-stats in this game is that: The h-stats in this game have no effect on gameplay. This game has no scenes or events based on them, since Mijiishi was unable to add any due to the way they programmed the system, in one of my posts I documented why.

Reactions: lusciousboy01

Neriathis

Feb 2, 2022
I was someone who took a proper look at the h-stats translation, this was done in the old translation thread, in my first post in this thread I explain why I dropped it, you can see if you read #129, I also had a discussion with another user who was also looking into translating them, they responded to my original post at #152 and ended at #154, there is some useful information there. In the posts I stated that T++ converts all the characters into Unicode.

The posts are located a couple pages back, on page 8.

The main reason why it is not worth translating the h-stats in this game is that: The h-stats in this game have no effect on gameplay. This game has no scenes or events based on them, since Mijiishi was unable to add any due to the way they programmed the system, in one of my posts I documented why.
just because you think so it doesn't mean other have the same thought as you.

Reactions: DreamingOfPinkLips

zackrin6

Jan 5, 2020
at least in the previous ones NTR was easy to control in this one I cant even control it and most endings are NTR

Dec 26, 2019
at least in the previous ones NTR was easy to control in this one I cant even control it and most endings are NTR
I already explained all the core problems with this game in detail, my last big post was on Page 9, post #175, I also added a complete gameplay review (in the review tab or linked directly in #175). The only advice I give you is, before playing a game, check the reviews and the last couple pages of posts.
This game is complete crap in every single way, I was hoping this would have effectively been Luxoria 2. In the end this game is a billion miles away from that.

All in all Mijiishi is just another incompetent DLSite dev, the dev has already admitted there won't be another big game from them in the future, full details in #175.

just because you think so it doesn't mean other have the same thought as you.
If you are not a programmer, don't get involved in a programming discussion. I don't get what you are trying to say here. I don't expect someone who is not a programmer to understand the programming content of those posts or the discussion I had with the second translator, the best part of seven weeks ago. That user (a JavaScript programmer) agreed with my conclusions, at the end of the day: These games don’t run on magic, RPGM MV games run on JavaScript. I presented my programmatic evidence in post #153.

The proof is in the pudding, this game has no events based on the h-stats, unlike in the previous games (Amor and Luxoria), both of those games have a normal h-stats system. This game does not.

Mijiishi didn't even program in the games clear condition, you're supposed to gather the Magical Seamen to heal/restore the succubus that saved you, but you cannot do so(see #175 and my review for more details).

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
For those asking about the MTL quality, it is relatively decent compared to most other MTLs you can find on this site. I went through and tried to make sure the MTL does not break anything in game and there should not be any random programming show up anywhere. Capitalization and name consistency should also be pretty good throughout.

With that said it is still an MTL, the text is not 100% clear and the text runs off the screen quite a bit, there are also a few bits of text I was not able to translate with Translator++. Unfortunately I do not know how to speak/read Japanese nor do I have the large amount of free time needed to improve upon the translation as it stands, but if you come across anything broken by the MTL feel free to mention me here or via PM and I will try to fix it.

I found this game to be pretty good overall and definitely think it deserves a proper translation, however I believe the dev may still be producing content updates for this game so it may be best to wait a bit if anyone is interested doing so.

Finally with regards to the NTR in this game, it is basically 100% netorase and almost all the content is focused on that fetish. There is a lot of NTR play throughout but none of the girls ever "leave" the Male Protagonist and he is never against what is going on either, overall it is a lighthearted NTR game. There is also a decent amount of netori if that is your thing.
That is what I call Edited MTL where translator actually effort into making it readable and clear to the best of there knowledge. True MTL is where no effort is done just throw into a translator and use the gibberish that comes out. So thanks for putting effort into an Edited MTL.

Reactions: Mordith135

Mordith135

Nov 4, 2017
That is what I call Edited MTL where translator actually effort into making it readable and clear to the best of there knowledge. True MTL is where no effort is done just throw into a translator and use the gibberish that comes out. So thanks for putting effort into an Edited MTL.
No problem, I made it alongside the development of the game for personal use and uploaded it to the translation request thread for those who were interested there. Raw MTL ruins games for me so I tried to make it at least mostly bearable, honestly it could be a lot better even within the realm of MTL but it is a pretty large game and I am not very experienced in MTLing games to begin with lol.

Reactions: ynefaayzr

Neriathis

Feb 2, 2022
I already explained all the core problems with this game in detail, my last big post was on Page 9, post #175, I also added a complete gameplay review (in the review tab or linked directly in #175). The only advice I give you is, before playing a game, check the reviews and the last couple pages of posts.
This game is complete crap in every single way, I was hoping this would have effectively been Luxoria 2. In the end this game is a billion miles away from that.

All in all Mijiishi is just another incompetent DLSite dev, the dev has already admitted there won't be another big game from them in the future, full details in #175.

If you are not a programmer, don't get involved in a programming discussion. I don't get what you are trying to say here. I don't expect someone who is not a programmer to understand the programming content of those posts or the discussion I had with the second translator, the best part of seven weeks ago. That user (a JavaScript programmer) agreed with my conclusions, at the end of the day: These games don’t run on magic, RPGM MV games run on JavaScript. I presented my programmatic evidence in post #153.

The proof is in the pudding, this game has no events based on the h-stats, unlike in the previous games (Amor and Luxoria), both of those games have a normal h-stats system. This game does not.

Mijiishi didn't even program in the games clear condition, you're supposed to gather the Magical Seamen to heal/restore the succubus that saved you, but you cannot do so(see #175 and my review for more details).
This statement doesn't have anything to do with programming,

"The main reason why it is not worth translating the h-stats in this game is that: The h-stats in this game have no effect on gameplay."

Dec 26, 2019
This statement doesn't have anything to do with programming,

"The main reason why it is not worth translating the h-stats in this game is that: The h-stats in this game have no effect on gameplay."
You have made errors with your quotation there:
1) you have failed to quote the entire paragraph, you have taken 1 line out of context. I do not like people who do this.
2) if you want to quote text from another post you do it like this:

My "statement" has everything to do with the programming, the code itself is the core problem with the h-stats system, and the entire gameplay for that matter. At the end of the day, if Mijiishi made this game properly in the first place, we would not be having this conversation, and I would have not have been able make critique posts totaling a couple thousand words. Mijiishi designed and programmed this game badly, the end result being a terrible game. I have nothing more to say to you. This conversation is over.

Reactions: Nessiah
Jun 22, 2022
I hope that despite the game's shortcomings it'll one day receive a proper translation. Mijiishi's games serve such a niche audience, it's already tough to find good netorase media in general, and even more so regarding games.

Mijishi's game Luxoria was one of the best NTR experiences I ever had for that matter, and after reading comments that Mercenary Band has even more "netorase turning into netorare", this would probably rise to an even higher spot (I played Amor too, but didn't quite like the back-and-forth gf stealing aspect).

Armagedon13

May 24, 2018
This week im gonna start again with this translation project, is a pain because the code is a mess and im trying to find a way to add the translation without t++ mess up all the code so, if someone want to know dev use a plugin called "yep message core" that you can wrap text and because the stupid dev use variable string to make the lewd book you can't wrap the text because is only work in the message system and then i find this in the documentation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As you can see i can add <WordWrap> to wrap the text, wish me luck and this gonna take time.

3.40 star(s) 12 Votes