Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Brief update on our kickstarter planned to launch on October 5th. Our video trailer for the game is coming along and we have our first preview to share of it. (more details out to the public next week)

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
7 Days before we launch our kickstarter and update 0.14 (public) update 0.15 (patreon) comes out! Below is our public post with the final details laid out for our pre-launch leading up to launch of the kickstarter.

A brief public update on what's going on for the two updates of the game.

Update 0.14 (aka really update 0.14.5)

This will mainly bring the side girl routes into the game. (Bridget, Zoey and Lola) It won't be as big as update 0.13.5 felt with all the main girl routes offered, but it'll still have interesting stuff going on for them to make them stick out. Oddly enough our supporters seem to think Zoey's route part 1 is the best, but we'll see how the public feels on that. :p (Plus the votes are pretty even to boot)

Update 0.15 (patreon exclusive)

With the month of September to keep it short and sweet. The past two updates (0.13 & 0.14) were a bit too much to tackle I think, by the end of August I felt almost burnt out or rather writer block. The point is, I didn't want to push myself and try rushing ahead of myself, hurting things overall for the game. So I decided with September with work on update 0.15, I'd go back to existing early content in the game. I'd adjust and fix up the writing to bring the quality more in line with how the route parts writing felt.

While looking back at day 1, before work on this even began. I had a few things to fix up for the game so that from start to finish, everything would feel more connected and better.

First thing on the list was the stat "Affection". Simply put. Once routes come into play, there isn't really a great use of this stat system. So then players are left wondering "What about my affection with X, Y or Z?" sadly the way the 2nd half of the game was planned to play out vs how it actually is, cancels out the need for affection.

Before anyone wonders, what was cut then? Honestly nothing, there was a rough plan in mind that during say Nova's route. You'd have moments that played off of having affection with other characters to affect dialogue. But instead of trying to frankenstein things together, it felt best to go with what most visual novel games do.

Hidden variables, which isn't anything new to Messy Academy. They already existed to unlock certain scenes, dialogue or see different outcomes. So we're removing affection slowly from the game, in it's place. The stat menu was voted by our supporters to turn it into a diaper accident tracker. This would tie into the idea of the minigame we want to get added into the game sometime in the near future.

What will this tracker even do? Well, it'll keep track of how many times a girl had an accident. There's times you'll have control over causing unnecessary accidents for the girls that fits within their events. If you decide to do this and let it build up, it'll effect things later in the game during the routes and even the ending. This felt like a better fit for the game's theme in mind and also to shift gears from feeling like a dating sim tacked on stat, but rather something that fits with the whole idea of the game with diapers and accidents.

Second thing on the list was that we realized that too much focus was being made on day time, dates and exactly when everything takes place. It was really extreme and in your face a lot of the time, instead of just coming across as being natural with letting the game play out and not be too considered about how much time has passed since the previous event or future events, etc.

So this also tied into the renaming of "Day 1" or "February 10th" etc. Since we don't really need to consistently remind people of dates, times and such. We decided to change the format to "Episodes" as it feels more fitting to the idea we had in mind where Messy Academy would feel like you were going through a slice of life anime episode.

This led to a new layout for how events play out for the game. (Roughly laid out and isn't seen in full during update 0.15)

Day 1 events = Episode 1
Day 2 events = Episode 2
Day 3 events = Episode 3
Day 4 events = Episode 4
Day 5 events = Episode 5

Clear enough right? This has always been seen as the real introduction to the game. We're looking to have this as the common route of the game, moving personal routes starting at Episode 6. Let me explain how that'll work, we'll take Nova as an example for the rest of this explaining. So after Episode 5 is finished, you'll choose one of nine girls routes to be set on, for us it's Nova.

Episode 6 = Day 6 & 9 Nova events
Episode 7 = Day 11 & 14 Nova events
Episode 8 = Day 16 & 17 Nova events

When starting Episode 6 Nova, you won't be dating her right off the bat. But it'll instead be seen as building towards that and even deeper in the relationship. This implies there's Episodes 6, 7 and 8 for each girl roughly. Now where does the route parts come in?

Episode 9 = Nova's route part 1
Episode 10 = Nova's route part 2 & 3
Episode 11 = Nova's route part 4 & 5
Episode 12 = Nova's route part 6 & ending

I know how all this looks but it's not as complex or crazy different than how things actually play out currently. Just that events are now in episode format and a bit more focused. It's a lot to explain about, but the quick sum up of this is that we're adjusting the older content on it's writing quality and while doing that, we're shifting the day/date format into episode format.

Update 0.15 will offer Episode 1 & music added to said episode. Breaking that down a bit, let's compare current day 1 vs episode 1.

Day 1 (Intro to the academy > Erika intro > Miki intro)
Episode 1 (Intro to the academy (expanded) > Erika intro (expanded) > Miki intro (expanded) )

Day 1 word count = 7000 words.
Episode 1 word count = 17,000 words.

Before you think it's just padding and filler added, it's taking what's there and expanding on it. It's not removing existing content, but rather expanding on it and also filling the gaps a bit to help feel more connected. You can be judge on that, but for comparison. There's much more explaining and detail given to players about the intro, academy rules, punishments related to said rules and world building set in place to explain. It should ease players into feeling like things are more believable. (As far as one can believe the concept of a academy that forces students to wear diapers can get)

It covers some new minor events that are fitting to the story between Erika's intro and Miki's intro, etc. Overall there's a good mix of expanding what exists while also adding some new stuff. The episodes should feel fresh and new because of this.

It should be explained that Episodes 1-5 will be the most word count intense, but the other episode stuff isn't as long in comparison. It'll still feel good going into Nova's route with Episode 6 until Episode 12, but overall this format stuff will help the game as we gear up towards the next year of updates to get the game towards it's completion.

Reactions: Pooploser64

gmdz

Feb 4, 2019
are there cg's with scat, urination or sex acts in game? bcs i hae been playing for a while (up to the point of meeting brigette) and the only cg's are underwear in few scenes. even the handjob from nurse wasnt in cg...is this a mostly text only game? i understand some scenes not having cg's like bending over or tickling fight with miki and sis but idk what to expect after. really hope i am wrong and there are scenes later

Edit: and out of curiosity wouldnt renpy be a better engine for the game? another thing i noticed from reading last post from messyacademy there are 9 girls ingame, so with those 6 save slots it will be kind of hard to play all routes and save them all

Last edited:

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
are there cg's with scat, urination or sex acts in game? bcs i hae been playing for a while (up to the point of meeting brigette) and the only cg's are underwear in few scenes. even the handjob from nurse wasnt in cg...is this a mostly text only game? i understand some scenes not having cg's like bending over or tickling fight with miki and sis but idk what to expect after. really hope i am wrong and there are scenes later

Edit: and out of curiosity wouldnt renpy be a better engine for the game? another thing i noticed from reading last post from messyacademy there are 9 girls ingame, so with those 6 save slots it will be kind of hard to play all routes and save them all
Right now there isn't a lot of cg art in the game, it's been our one area of the game that's had issues. The plan is to head into October and start pushing for cg art to be added, so that we have 3-5+ scenes each update moving forward. This should also be possible since we'll have our music that was being produced for the game fully paid off in October.

So as of right now there is some cg art in the 5th day for the punishment area and later in the game during the school festival.

As for the engine, I really can't say if renpy would be better or not. Each engine has their pros and cons to use, it's possible that we might see the game transferred into renpy here soon if it feels better. Save slots will be increased here in one of the upcoming updates, but one thing to mention with that. Unless we offer new updates for the game as patches for a previous game version, it doesn't look like we can have previous saved data for say update 0.13.5 work if you try using it in update 0.14.5

We could possibly offer new updates as patches for previous game versions so that saved data can be transferred without issue. It's just something to be careful with because it can add extra confusion to the downloading process compared to how it works right now. (Right now, it's download the latest game update and you're set, but previous save data doesn't work.) (With the suggested, it would be download X version of the game first and then download Y patch game update to apply to X. Then later make the content of the game plus Y patch into one standalone download so that the next Z game update to apply works without 2 other versions, etc.)

Reactions: Pooploser64

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Update 0.14 has been released! ^^

Only the MEGA links as of right now are updated, as of the time of this post. (Make sure the download says "0.14.5" not "0.13.5" )

BK186

May 18, 2017
I have read the last few pages and understand that there really was not much NTR content. Also, I thought I read that you mentioned that people who donate to the development of the game did not like the NTR. I really consider that your decision is correct. If the NTR is not an important part of your game it is better not to have it, since for some reason most people feel a deep hatred for the genre.

I understand that it is a diaper-oriented game, complaining that there is no NTR is like going to a guitar store and complaining that they don't sell pianos. I just feel disappointed because I was waiting for a long time wanting to develop that aspect of the game more and when I finally go to try it I find out that they have removed it.

I reiterate it is not a complaint towards you author. I consider your game to be very good and above all quite unique.

by last. You are one of the few authors I have seen who takes the trouble to answer users, many developers must learn from you.

Regards.
not most people, my friend. Even those who choose the harem road also want to see the ntr road. Adding NTR with options means you can get anyone into the game. There was a survey about DMD, "which way do you want to see more in the game" (harem, j+D+F, sharin exp.) the vast majority choose I want to see all options.

Jun 29, 2018
Hey, so this game honestly looks really cool, but would I enjoy it if I don't like scat? I actually like diapers a good amount, just not scat and urination. I'm fine with skipping over or skimming those parts if they're not too common; just kinda wanna know if they'd be the majority of scenes or not.

Either way good luck on the game!

Reactions: Messy Studios

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Hey, so this game honestly looks really cool, but would I enjoy it if I don't like scat? I actually like diapers a good amount, just not scat and urination. I'm fine with skipping over or skimming those parts if they're not too common; just kinda wanna know if they'd be the majority of scenes or not.

Either way good luck on the game!
I guess it'll depend how far is too far with said content. Scat isn't really seen, but rather dirty diapers. (aka discoloring) In a few cg scenes and seen with the character sprites. Urination is the same thing, just discoloring seen at times. I'd say both aspects don't pop up in your face every second, things are spread out for it.

Scene wise we'll have some stuff being added that's wet/messy, but some of that will be up to the player if it's seen. Just a brief example for something being added in a future update, we'll have a moment where the player can tickle one of two characters and cause them to wet themselves. If you choose X, a scene that is seen shortly later will show them with a wet diaper on. But if you choose Y, that scene would then show them in a clean diaper instead.

Reactions: fakeacoount321
Jun 29, 2018
I guess it'll depend how far is too far with said content. Scat isn't really seen, but rather dirty diapers. (aka discoloring) In a few cg scenes and seen with the character sprites. Urination is the same thing, just discoloring seen at times. I'd say both aspects don't pop up in your face every second, things are spread out for it.

Scene wise we'll have some stuff being added that's wet/messy, but some of that will be up to the player if it's seen. Just a brief example for something being added in a future update, we'll have a moment where the player can tickle one of two characters and cause them to wet themselves. If you choose X, a scene that is seen shortly later will show them with a wet diaper on. But if you choose Y, that scene would then show them in a clean diaper instead.
Thanks for answering! Discoloring is definitely better than full on scat for me, so that's a plus, and having the choice on certain other scenes in nice too. I've played games with scat and enjoyed them before, with Euphoria probably having unavoidable scat in like 20-30% of it's scenes, and it's still one of my favorite games despite that. If you don't mind answering, how would you compare that % to this game?

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Thanks for answering! Discoloring is definitely better than full on scat for me, so that's a plus, and having the choice on certain other scenes in nice too. I've played games with scat and enjoyed them before, with Euphoria probably having unavoidable scat in like 20-30% of it's scenes, and it's still one of my favorite games despite that. If you don't mind answering, how would you compare that % to this game?
Gotcha! ^^ Well if we're talking about discoloring of diapers = scat/wet %. We're looking at possibly 20-30% maybe? It's pretty balanced out so that you aren't going to be seeing said content scene after scene, etc. I'd say with the recent update, give the game a try for the first few days in the game and see what you think about it. It does start off a bit mixed where it might be a decent bit right away spread out a bit.

But things calm down and what not as well, sorry, kind of hard to explain. <.<

Reactions: fakeacoount321

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Is the scat avoidable?
Depends on what you consider scat, full on scat being seen and what not. Vs messy diaper discoloring seen as "scat".

I might have to mention it in our first post for the thread to help avoid some confusion, but there isn't any actual full blown scat in the game. It's just diaper discoloring, which could be still seen as "scat" just not actually showing it in full.

Anyways, to answer. Characters mess in their diapers and it isn't avoidable, but said messing in diapers is purely discoloring of diapers. Not showing actual out right in your face scat, if that makes sense.

Reactions: Traptism
Jun 29, 2018
Gotcha! ^^ Well if we're talking about discoloring of diapers = scat/wet %. We're looking at possibly 20-30% maybe? It's pretty balanced out so that you aren't going to be seeing said content scene after scene, etc. I'd say with the recent update, give the game a try for the first few days in the game and see what you think about it. It does start off a bit mixed where it might be a decent bit right away spread out a bit.

But things calm down and what not as well, sorry, kind of hard to explain. <.<
Alright, I should be able to handle that amount, so I'll check it out! As long as the game's good, I can handle a game with scat, just not a game all about scat (nothing against it if that's what you like, just not for me), so I wanted to see which type this was.

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
I'm sorry but the music in the title screen is a lot better than music in a diaper fetish game has any right of being! I hope the rest of the game's soundtrack is that good! :love:

lwahrleff

Apr 25, 2019
I really loved this game. Can't believe I didn't find out about it sooner. I love the way the characters are written and the interaction with the player character.

I don't really get why initially there was going to be NTR and then it was removed. From what I played, it seems Lola was going to be the character for this, and I was really glad to have this aspect in a game (it's very specific for a diaper fetish game to include NTR as well, and I would have loved to see it happen). That being said, I will still enjoy the game with or without NTR, so keep up the great work on this!

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I am have the issue with it not opening. Tried different download sites, nothing. No option to maximize, no antivirus warnings. Using Windows 10.

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes