lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Maybe my memory is faulty but haven't most updates been released in the second week of the month? It seems odd that people are surprised we haven't had 0.17 yet.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
MC seems to have suffered a skin failure Nefastus
Haha, I thought I caught all of those. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. For some reason MC's skin was....twisted I guess is the best way to say it. If I could figure out what actually caused it I could have made a FANTASTIC horror game. His 'face' was all skewed out but all of the facial feature textures were only on his cheek and looked like the Scream painting, the rest of his head was a hodge-podge of semi skin/dead eyed white. Actually horrifying lol. Happened on like 40 renders in that scene, but in preview everything looked fine.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019

I'll do the changelog first, since a fair number of people are mostly concerned with the games update. Update should come out for top tier this morning/afternoon depending on your timezone. This update is quite action focused so if you aren't on certain paths, and by paths I just mean romance vs not romance for the girls, then it may feel very short.
I did a couple of animations again, just simple motions like grinding and whatnot where still images don't really convey the movement well. I also had a couple of animations that I had to trash(wasted a bunch of time because I end up focused on one area rather than the entire scene)...I still have a lot to learn about animating(mostly need to take my time more), sometimes I lose track of bits and they go insane and look ridiculous.
As I said this update is mostly focused on action, that doesn't mean full on action, but most of the scenes are on the intimate side. Makes it tough for me to tell if the update feels short or not since when testing I have to go through the action pretty quickly or....well I get bogged down lets say. So let me know how the length feels, I mean compared to previous updates not in general since there is no such thing as an update that is long enough haha.

Now the delay so far and me going so quiet...well there really isn't a decent reason for it. With all the news going on, I fell into a dark area mentally and basically just watched the news for like 16 hours a day. Realizing that when I dropped off groceries a while ago might be the last time I see certain people, well that took me down. I spent too much time watching the news and hearing the stories how even visitation wasn't possible and... all the other stuff. Eventually I finally called and talked to my family about it and they really helped me see that most of it was just me taking everything that was going on and building worst case scenarios. So I shut off the news, poured myself back into work and everything seems to be going a lot better. I probably should have updated more, but I am by nature a private person and don't really like talking about stuff like this. My area is pretty damn lucky so far, and no one in my family has caught anything, so I am choosing to focus on that rather than sit and watch someone tell how bad it is elsewhere.
Hoping being forced to stay home for a while means it won't take me long to get back on track, but I will do an update later this month when I know better where the next update stands. For now, I am back to my usual chipper self and doing what I enjoy. Working on this game.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Nefastus don't let the news get you down. Yes there are problems, BUT the news TENDS to be worse than reality. They need to get clicks and views for that sweet advertising money, so they focus on things that get strong reactions. So go on with life, yes be safe, but live.

Heck, if things get you down just remember that you STILL need to give us a 3 HOUR animation of the MC playing solitaire. :)

Just a thought.

• Haha
Reactions: Nefastus

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Just psoriasis.
I think he meant what caused it in terms of software glitch, not what causes it in real life occurrences. Unless you were joking, in which case, whoosh for me :LOL:

Reactions: Krynh

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Haha, I thought I caught all of those. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. For some reason MC's skin was....twisted I guess is the best way to say it. If I could figure out what actually caused it I could have made a FANTASTIC horror game. His 'face' was all skewed out but all of the facial feature textures were only on his cheek and looked like the Scream painting, the rest of his head was a hodge-podge of semi skin/dead eyed white. Actually horrifying lol. Happened on like 40 renders in that scene, but in preview everything looked fine.
It's pretty clearly an error with the UV map, but why on earth that should happen is beyond me.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes