Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
got this error here, any solutions?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Flip' <'Image' u'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'> True False>:
  File "game/version13.rpy", line 776, in script
    pause
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/version13.rpy", line 776, in script
    pause
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1330, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 495, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 916, in load
    child = cache.get(self.image)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.17
Fri May 08 04:16:16 2020
You're using the courtesy mod as those files are webm

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Considering how much of a smart ass the daughter is being right here:
1588949972134.png
(Just in my opinion to make it more sarcastic and humorous) if the line had been "Oh look, there is..... a Tree!" ROFL
but that is just me ;)

Reactions: KinkierThanThou

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
I am not sure whether this error was caused by the game itself or with the mod:
View attachment traceback.txt
Of course with the mod installed the necessary folders are present to fix what the error was calling for by duplicating the image and renaming it to the *.jpg format and all was fine with no more errors...so far.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I am not sure whether this error was caused by the game itself or with the mod:
View attachment 650800
Of course with the mod installed the necessary folders are present to fix what the error was calling for by duplicating the image and renaming it to the *.jpg format and all was fine with no more errors...so far.
It's caused by the mod. Apart from duplicating the image you could also edit version13.rpy or get the updated file over here.

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
Hot Damn. Didn't really know what to expect when I grabbed this game, but this was amazing. A little bit of a slow burn at the first, but quickly hit my short list of favorites. I will be keeping space on my drive open for this game and all the future updates. I've run through the large harem route content and damn was that great. Supremely satisfying too. Some amazing treatment with the trans content too. I really haven't found many games that treat trans characters so well, or even as human as done here. That character was very realistically portrayed and even the relationship was realistic, or at least as realistic as anything in a game like this. Gotta have some flexible definitions of realism or the immersion breaks down pretty fast.
When my financial situation shifts a little I'm sooo throwing money at Nefastus' Patreon.
Now, back to the two playthroughs I'm doing now, Jennifer Only and Jennifer and Amanda routes. I'm not going to lie. Even doing these routes specifically and purposefully it is extremely hard to turn down most of the other characters, especially the redhead.

Last edited:

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
Since you are on here Dev Nefastus, just a few questions.
When can we start seeing Tracy get integrated into the harem with the others?
Is Jennifer going to get a bed of her own, in the game room or elsewhere, or is she just going to wait until she can be in MC's bed every night? (Doing a playthrough right now where I'm not getting along with the wife and only pursuing Jennifer. Half expecting to get her an apartment or something, lol.)
When are we seeing MC's sister and niece again? As soon as the wife is not an issue to things, one way or another, we really need them on the scene more. Might need to start saving for a bigger house or buying the neighbors out or something...
Is pregnancy (and maybe marriage?) going to hit the fetish tags for this game any time soon?

That's all I've got for now. Please answer as many or as few of these as you like. I just appreciate you making this game, and like I said earlier in another post, I'll be throwing some money your way asap. Thanks!

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
It's caused by the mod. Apart from duplicating the image you could also edit version13.rpy or get the updated file over here.
Yeah I just deleted the *.rpyc file and edited the *.rpy file to point to the correct image name. There reason I deleted the *.rpyc file was that even with the edit it was still giving me the error. Once I deleted that file and it generated a new 1 in its place everything was fine and worked like a charm.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes