Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
.17 is broken for me. I've seen others mention this and it's been blown off or ignored, but I'm just not sure what to do here. The game can not progress past the point of the dinner date with Christine. They go to the noisy bar after eating hamburgers, and then the game just breaks to script. I've actually tried restarting the entire game fresh and still, nothing. I saw the post that this was due to a typo and that the fix was available on the public Patreon post, so I downloaded those files and tried that as well. No change. Nothing after the date with Christine works. Even starting fresh. Any suggestions would help.

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
What's the error that pops up?
I've copy-pasted this from Kambus' post from a few weeks back, because it's the same error message I received. I'd paste my own error message but I just deleted it. Figured I'd try again with a fresh download when I woke up tomorrow and my Mega DL limit had refreshed. I think the problem comes from the Courtesy Mod, but I'm not sure. I know it says it's just missing a JPEG, but that should've been solved when I downloaded Nefastus' fix off of Patreon.

While loading <'Flip' <'Image' u'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'> True False>:
File "game/version13.rpy", line 780, in script
c "Let's just go to a hotel. We can head down to the bar or pool if it gets boring."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Soo dev fell asleep again? :p seems to become a habit now
Hey....don't 'officially' yell at me until the 9th lol. No honestly I decided to rewrite a scene, just didn't like how it felt once it was finished. Update should be out on patreon very very soon though, so shouldn't be long until it gets here. Also, I think this update should be a crowd-pleaser so wanted it to be as good as I can make it before everyone points out the mistakes haha.

.17 is broken for me. I've seen others mention this and it's been blown off or ignored, but I'm just not sure what to do here. The game can not progress past the point of the dinner date with Christine. They go to the noisy bar after eating hamburgers, and then the game just breaks to script. I've actually tried restarting the entire game fresh and still, nothing. I saw the post that this was due to a typo and that the fix was available on the public Patreon post, so I downloaded those files and tried that as well. No change. Nothing after the date with Christine works. Even starting fresh. Any suggestions would help.
First I have heard of anything like this. More details would be appreciated. The typo error was just one image and could be ignored.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I've copy-pasted this from Kambus' post from a few weeks back, because it's the same error message I received. I'd paste my own error message but I just deleted it. Figured I'd try again with a fresh download when I woke up tomorrow and my Mega DL limit had refreshed. I think the problem comes from the Courtesy Mod, but I'm not sure. I know it says it's just missing a JPEG, but that should've been solved when I downloaded Nefastus' fix off of Patreon.

While loading <'Flip' <'Image' u'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'> True False>:
File "game/version13.rpy", line 780, in script
c "Let's just go to a hotel. We can head down to the bar or pool if it gets boring."
Courtesy mod must not have updated the with the new script or you haven't got the latest courtesy mod, but if you open that script file with a text editor...the version13.rpy and just search for .jpg and replace it with .webp it should work just fine and keep the courtesy mod working. Can't run both courtesy and original scripts.

Repuci

May 1, 2017

So .18 should have been out by now, but while I was testing it I just didn't like the way one of the scenes went. Decided to rewrite it and am currently finalizing it so shouldn't be much longer now.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Courtesy mod must not have updated the with the new script or you haven't got the latest courtesy mod, [...]
Just for the record, it's the former and still present in the latest version of the mod.

Alleyway if you're not comfortable with editing version13.rpy yourself, an updated version is shared in the mod thread here.

Reactions: Alleyway

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
Just for the record, it's the former and still present in the latest version of the mod.

Alleyway if you're not comfortable with editing version13.rpy yourself, an updated version is shared in the mod thread here.
Thanks Hordragg and everybody for the responses. I'll try the updated version of the courtesy mod and see if that solves the problem!

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019

So .18 should have been out by now, but while I was testing it I just didn't like the way one of the scenes went. Decided to rewrite it and am currently finalizing it so shouldn't be much longer now.
Damn. This game gets updated a lot. It's not a bad problem, but I have 10.5GB of games in my backlog and still haven't done any update checks yet!

alfeter

Sep 21, 2019
got this error here, any solutions?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

File "game/version13.rpy", line 776, in script
    pause
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    pause
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
    renpy.pause()
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1330, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 495, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 916, in load
    child = cache.get(self.image)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Users\User\Desktop\AF\608\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.17
Fri May 08 04:16:16 2020

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
I am an idiot. In attempting to fix the problem with the Christine dinner date scene, I compounded the problem by trying so many different things with the Courtesy mod (switching out patches, trying older and newer save files, restarting the entire game from a fresh download and tabbing through everything) that I wound up corrupting the whole thing, where the game was no longer even registering the incest patch at all! And the whole time, all I had to do was exactly what Nefastus said. IGNORE. I thought in his previous response to Kampus he meant "ignore the problem", as in he didn't get that the game was breaking to script, but no, he meant HIT FUCKING IGNORE. In Ren'Py.

-sigh- I wear this dunce crown with utmost shame, and pronounce myself Retardo, King of Stupid. May all the less stupider denizens of Stupid stand in awe before me, and may we never run out of paste and boogers, for this will fill our tummies, and it is all we know how to eat.

(The game works fine and continues to amaze, thanks. When society starts back up again and I go back to work, I owe Nefastus a sub on SubscribeStar. Love this game.)

Last edited:

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
Hit the Ignore Button in Ren'Py a few times. I hear that works.

got this error here, any solutions?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

pause
    renpy.pause()
[/QUOTE]

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey....don't 'officially' yell at me until the 9th lol. No honestly I decided to rewrite a scene, just didn't like how it felt once it was finished. Update should be out on patreon very very soon though, so shouldn't be long until it gets here. Also, I think this update should be a crowd-pleaser so wanted it to be as good as I can make it before everyone points out the mistakes haha.

First I have heard of anything like this. More details would be appreciated. The typo error was just one image and could be ignored.
Not yelling :). I just remember that we always used to hear from you about the upcoming update and you were very punctual. Just noticed the difference in the past 2 months. What most people get frustrated about is developer silence. Just say it is gonna be late or something and everybody is happy :) Also I thought your patreon release schedule was end of the month? If it is 9th then my bad.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes