Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I know Nefastus doesn't owe us anything, but it would be nice to have a short update on when the update is due posted to patreon and discord.

Flumflam

Aug 24, 2017
I know Nefastus doesn't owe us anything, but it would be nice to have a short update on when the update is due posted to patreon and discord.
After a couple of months of same pattern of message stating that the update was close, followed by sometimes a week plus of nothing.. I decided to stop supporting. I can deal with delays just fine, but the lack of communication was what settled it.

• Angry
Reactions: polycentric

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
After a couple of months of same pattern of message stating that the update was close, followed by sometimes a week plus of nothing.. I decided to stop supporting. I can deal with delays just fine, but the lack of communication was what settled it.
Huh? You both do know that he posts on patreon on a regular basis, including just a few days ago, right? Feel like you have this game confused with something else, it gets released monthly and nefastus talks with us here all the time.

REGUser

Jul 5, 2018
Did you miss-post this on the wrong thread? The Milfy City thread is that way pal ->>>>>>>>

Send your hate to the correct dev. Nefastus is actually very vocal on his Patreon and has a solid release schedule.

Learn to manage your Chrome tabs bro...don't give false slander where it is not needed.

• Angry
Reactions: klingpop

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Reason I haven't updated is...honestly didn't know, I am in uncharted territory for me. I mean if you asked me 2 days ago I would have said it would be out yesterday for certain. I think the 14th would be the absolute latest, but this rewriting a scene cause I didn't like what I had written is something I have never experienced before. I don't even know how to explain it, but past couple of days I have found myself finding random nonsense to do just so I don't have to sit and stare at the computer writing stuff I know I am just going to delete. However, I have been working good most of today though without any weird feelings of not liking what I am writing. It's an odd situation, but I think hell or high water I need to get this released by the 14th at the latest, otherwise I am running a real risk of losing momentum on version 19(I have been running renders for .19 while I was stuck on .18 writing issue).

Huh? You both do know that he posts on patreon on a regular basis, including just a few days ago, right? Feel like you have this game confused with something else, it gets released monthly and nefastus talks with us here all the time.
I think it's just frustration on the delay, and between last month and this one I get it. I take it kind of as a compliment, because it means I have been updating regularly enough that people expect them, rather than it being a huge surprise when an update is released half a year later or something.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Reason I haven't updated is...honestly didn't know, I am in uncharted territory for me. I mean if you asked me 2 days ago I would have said it would be out yesterday for certain. I think the 14th would be the absolute latest, but this rewriting a scene cause I didn't like what I had written is something I have never experienced before. I don't even know how to explain it, but past couple of days I have found myself finding random nonsense to do just so I don't have to sit and stare at the computer writing stuff I know I am just going to delete. However, I have been working good most of today though without any weird feelings of not liking what I am writing. It's an odd situation, but I think hell or high water I need to get this released by the 14th at the latest, otherwise I am running a real risk of losing momentum on version 19(I have been running renders for .19 while I was stuck on .18 writing issue).

I think it's just frustration on the delay, and between last month and this one I get it. I take it kind of as a compliment, because it means I have been updating regularly enough that people expect them, rather than it being a huge surprise when an update is released half a year later or something.
Nicer than I would have been, good response, looking forward to the next release.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Huh? You both do know that he posts on patreon on a regular basis, including just a few days ago, right?
Sure I'm not saying he doesn't. However it was just the last message was about expecting it within a few days. I wasn't looking for a long explanation or demanding anything of him :)

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
OK, a lot of people will probably hate me for this suggestion but ...

Have you thought about starting a second project/game as a side-project? Something that is completely different from this or maybe you want do some experiments that would not fit here.
Sometimes you need to step away from something and come back to it at a later time to have new inspiration and new ideas on how to proceed.
Since you are doing monthly releases a 10-2 yearly schedule might be an option.

imunisasi

Dec 4, 2017

Have you thought about starting a second project/game as a side-project? Something that is completely different from this or maybe you want do some experiments that would not fit here.
Sometimes you need to step away from something and come back to it at a later time to have new inspiration and new ideas on how to proceed.
Nefastus , get some holiday / do some of your hobby
it'll relaxing your mind from foggy brain
sleep or marathon watch movie will work too

Reactions: Nefastus

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Nefastus Or do an impromptu performance of one of your favourite songs (suggested locations: In the shower/bath, bonus points for having a shampoo pompadour. Or in the car, stuck in traffic).

Suggested songs:
-Midlife Crisis/Faith No More (Duh, obvious)
-Don't Stop Believing/Journey (cheesy, overused,I know. I'll never stop believing in you though)
-Don't Stop Me Now/Queen (cuz I'm having a good time, having a good time!)
-Hocus Pocus/Focus (good luck with that. I'd be seriously impressed though. PS video?)
-Shake It Off/Taylor Swift (shake those cobwebs baby!)

215303j

Great game, one of my absolute favourites, but now that Nefastus is here, I have two questions / remarks:

1) Why is the art in the OP not updated? Especially the first picture:
https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-17-nefastus-games.20427/#lg=attachment176353&slide=0
seems like a very early render, doesn't do the quality of the game justice and may put some people off.

2) Why isn't there a good picture to put in the signature? I appreciate the work of Een Vieze Vent but he said he was also not fully happy and I tend to agree. ;)

Fixing those two small issues may increase support / awareness quite a bit.

Good luck with the writers block and looking forward to the update!

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020

They are right, I hate them. Doesn't mean that they are not right though.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

I'm going to agree wholeheartedly with this suggestion. There are a number of developers/writers with multiple stories/games going due to the stress of slamming their head against the same block each time. It makes sense to look to write a different project if you are unhappy with or can't progress in the first one.

I'd certainly be excited to see what comes next.

Reactions: Chris1878

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
So I have seen the posts about the update delay and I think that Nefastus WILL find a GOOD solution and give us more of this WONDERFUL creation. I hope that something easy (like watching a favorite movie, listening to a good song, or banging your head against a wall a few times) will get things back on track. Should none of those work I offer a bit of advice. :)

-WARNING- Silliness alert -WARNING-

If it seems that all is lost then I suggest:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope that this will aid in moving the game forward (or at least making people smile/laugh). :)

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
This is, without a doubt, one of my top 3 games on F95. This game has such a great story and yet doesn't skimp on the boobies. I hope an update comes out soon.
Well it may be in the wee hours of the night, but update WILL happen within the next 12 hours. Then it's just a case of you all hoping someone leaks it quick and me hoping the anticipation is so great that instead of waiting for the leak 100,000 people all pledge at once and actually break patreon or subscribestar lmao(preferably they all also pledge between 500,000 and 1,000,000 dollars a month, I'm not greedy). If I am honest, I think you guys may have the advantage on that.

For the record, I will likely read all the posts and fix bugs when it is released, but be fairly quiet otherwise for a week or so. Going to try to hammer out as much work as I can over the next two weeks to try to get back near a beginning of the month schedule.

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Well it may be in the wee hours of the night, but update WILL happen within the next 12 hours. Then it's just a case of you all hoping someone leaks it quick and me hoping the anticipation is so great that instead of waiting for the leak 100,000 people all pledge at once and actually break patreon or subscribestar lmao(preferably they all also pledge between 500,000 and 1,000,000 dollars a month, I'm not greedy). If I am honest, I think you guys may have the advantage on that.

For the record, I will likely read all the posts and fix bugs when it is released, but be fairly quiet otherwise for a week or so. Going to try to hammer out as much work as I can over the next two weeks to try to get back near a beginning of the month schedule.
Bring back Angela Nefastus-sama!

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes