Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Hey Nefastus, I just finished playing 0.19. First: Thank you so much! This game has so much I like! Great job!
Enough exclamation marks for now. Review will follow sometime in the future.

Seriously though, the scene with Amanda AFTER she turned on the light, that wasn't too dark right? [...] but I can go a little brighter when I am doing a dark scene if most find them way too dark.
I thought that scene (as well as some more scenes during the last ~15% of the content) was way too dark. My brightness was already at 100% and I had to use the internal GPU (Intel graphics) setting to increase brightness even more during those scenes.

I don't only play games at night or with closed curtains, but also during daytime, and sometimes I take my laptop outside and play at the garden table.
I have no idea if RenPy has a feature for this, but if so I'd recommend some sort of gamma correction slider in the game options to quickly adjust.

Just a quick feedback. Thanks for your time and the game and Tracy and everything!

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey Nefastus, I just finished playing 0.19. First: Thank you so much! This game has so much I like! Great job!

I thought that scene (as well as some more scenes during the last ~15% of the content) was way too dark. My brightness was already at 100% and I had to use the internal GPU (Intel graphics) setting to increase brightness even more during those scenes.

I don't only play games at night or with closed curtains, but also during daytime, and sometimes I take my laptop outside and play at the garden table.
I have no idea if RenPy has a feature for this, but if so I'd recommend some sort of gamma correction slider in the game options to quickly adjust.

Just a quick feedback. Thanks for your time and the game and Tracy and everything!
Wait you play midlife crisis in your garden? You like to live dangerously I see.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Notebook displays tend to have criminally bad luminance and most are insufficient to with. There were minor complaints about the brightness of the Amanda scene in v18 but most members weren't vocal about needing a change.

Now, the next part may sound like I'm pulling your leg but, if you're dead set on playing this outside you could unren the images and set up a script to auto-white-balance them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Wait you play midlife crisis in your garden? You like to live dangerously I see.
Well, it's an old converted farmhouse a short distance from the village. No nosy neighbors, lots of trees, not really that risky.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Notebook displays tend to have criminally bad luminance and most are insufficient to with.
True. I work regularly outside with my laptop, so I usually choose my displays accordingly.

There were minor complaints about the brightness of the Amanda scene in v18 but most members weren't vocal about needing a change.
I like giving and receiving honest feedback, so I tend to be vocal about a lot of things. It's never personal though. German directness maybe.

Now, the next part may sound like I'm pulling your leg but, if you're dead set on playing this outside you could unren the images and set up a script to auto-white-balance them.
That's quite a difference. Thanks for the tip. :)(y)

Reactions: Hordragg

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Dark scenes being too dark seems to be a very common problem for beginners, it seems a lot are tempted to just make the scene really dark, which is a really bad way to do it. I recommend looking up how they do it in movies and adapting some of those techniques to the lighting.

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
It seems it's not out yet, the last entry on Patreon is the July 8th Quick update.
He said it should be released near the 15th, give or take a few days.
So hopefully anytime soon.

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
He said in the comments to the last post, where he said " 15th, give or take a few days" :
Next day or two(I did say give or take a few days, so I am taking instead of giving lol), had a lot of post work to do. Pregnancy will play a role, but not in the way a lot of games do. It won't be oh im fat for two or three updates then the baby.
That was on the 15th. So I presume there is a problem (RL or with the game), and whichever it is I just hope it resolves itself in a timely fashion.

I am kinda hyped up for the next content update :D

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
Hopefully the cause of delay is the post work being more than expected
We all know how it is:
One minute you start to fix up this tiny one thing in Photoshop/Gimp, the next you're ditching 10 scenes and redoing them from scratch.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
I'm not sure why people like this game. There are NO Chocolate Chip Cookies. HOW can a game be good without Glorious Cookies. Oh sure, the humor is AWESOME. The Characters are fun and interesting. Yes, the gameplay and story are great. The art is good and gets better. HOWEVER, the lack of Chocolate Chip Cookies just drags this game down. -Sigh-

Just want to say that the above was just some bad humor (we NEED Chocolate Chip Cookies NOW) in case someone didn't realize. I'm just going to join the HYPE train for this one. I hope all is going well, and any delays/difficulties are minor. (y)

Just a thought.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm not sure why people like this game. There are NO Chocolate Chip Cookies. HOW can a game be good without Glorious Cookies. Oh sure, the humor is AWESOME. The Characters are fun and interesting. Yes, the gameplay and story are great. The art is good and gets better. HOWEVER, the lack of Chocolate Chip Cookies just drags this game down. -Sigh-

Just want to say that the above was just some bad humor (we NEED Chocolate Chip Cookies NOW) in case someone didn't realize. I'm just going to join the HYPE train for this one. I hope all is going well, and any delays/difficulties are minor. (y)

Just a thought.
You find someone willing to send you chocolate chip cookies and a new update to this game you'd better share! :)

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017

Just a thought.
Someone here is on a dark cookie rush, I wonder what would happen if I open this pack of chocolate chip "cookies", right about now.....

WoodyGB

May 5, 2017

So it took a few days extra, seems like it always does. Doesn't seem to matter what I plan. Really thought I would be done around the 12th lol, and here I am scrambling on the 19th. Still, I did say give or take a few days, so technically I am only a day or two late so it's progress.
Should be uploaded and available in the wee hours tonight, depending on upload speed as usual.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Just a thought.
Ya'll know it's them hamsters, right? Right?! They're from space, man. Freaking space! And maybe there's only one now, but who's to say there ain't more. Stealing them cookies. All the cookies! I really need me a cookie. Say sir, can your spare some crumbs?

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes