Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Rather than jump through hoops to make it work?

I will just wait for v0.22 to come out.
No reported bugs in .21b so far from patrons. The post will be public in about 4 days so you can avoid the confusion and download it straight from patreon or subscribestar if you choose, also has the full PC or Mac downloads available if you don't want just update files.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
You have encountered a common issue with renpy games where resuming too close to the end of the last game means the update won't be recognised. What you need to do is roll back a 5 or 6 screens using Pg Up then carry on from there.
So, i also encountered this issue, even started a new game. still getting that .20 end updated. loading and rolling back with previous saves didnt work for me.
EDIT: this is with the fix .21 update with updated mod, and with .21 fixed script

2ND EDIT: alright i think the Gallery mod is causing the issue, played through a new game a 3rd time without mod, works like a charm now

Last edited:
Reactions: Hordragg

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
So, i also encountered this issue, even started a new game. still getting that .20 end updated. loading and rolling back with previous saves didnt work for me.
EDIT: this is with the fix .21 update with updated mod, and with .21 fixed script

2ND EDIT: alright i think the Gallery mod is causing the issue, played through a new game a 3rd time without mod, works like a charm now
If you are playing the compressed version is the only 21 update.
If you are playing the 20 version you need to install the update.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Mac upd please?
Duplicate your previous version Mac app and rename it MidLifeCrisis-0.21-mac
Download the PC version (actual or compressed) and unzip it
Drill down into the PC version's Renpy folders until you find the folder named "game". Copy the "game" folder.
Right-click the MidLifeCrisis-0.21-mac app icon and choose "Show Package Contents"
Drill down into Contents / Resources / autorun
If you're in the right place then you'll see a "game" folder there. Trash it.
Paste the "game" folder that you had copied from the PC version
Launch the MidLifeCrisis-0.21-mac app and enjoy

This technique should work for any Renpy game.

Make sure to download the fix files.

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Midlife Crisis [v0.21b] Nefastus Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.72 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 1.17 GB
Compressed Size Mac: 1.15 GB

Win/Linux: -
Mac:

Last edited by a moderator:

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
v0.21 Fix
Major game Bugfixes , Script Correction
anybody knows the errors ?
don't think i met any

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
v0.21 Fix
don't think i met any
On 21 fix there was a bug as soon as MC and Sandra arrived at Angela's house and one midway through if Steve left her behind.

On 21b both are fixed

Reactions: Hordragg

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
v0.21 Fix
don't think i met any
There were two game-breaking bugs that needed to be ironed out. There was no workaround for the first one, but the second one could be worked around by way of the console. If you dared search back a bit, we had literally pages upon pages discussing those bugs. It was glorious. :rolleyes:

Edit: Gaahhh, I give up. Seriously though, lemonfreak, don't you have games to play?! :p

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
There were two game-breaking bugs that needed to be ironed out. There was no workaround for the first one, but the second one could be worked around by way of the console. If you dared search back a bit, we had literally pages upon pages discussing those bugs. It was glorious. :rolleyes:

Edit: Gaahhh, I give up. Seriously though, lemonfreak, don't you have games to play?! :p
I'm on coffee break at work :p

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes