Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
It was a save from ep20 and I did use the patch. But, variables don't stay persistent at times. Like the whole thing with the wife. I pushed her away and in 20, I think, I had to deal with something with her even though I chose prior to piss her off so there wouldn't be any type of sexual interactions or discussions about partners.
Variables stay set unless the dev screws things up or the saves get corrupted - in the vanilla game taboo is only set once in the first ep (script.rpy).

I deleted the patch after the first ep and have never had any problems with daughters becoming tenants. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Variables stay set unless the dev screws things up or the saves get corrupted - in the vanilla game taboo is only set once in the first ep (script.rpy).

I deleted the patch after the first ep and have never had any problems with daughters becoming tenants. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know all of that. I do coding and writing myself. I don't feel like going through the entire code to see what happened. Hell, I could've fucked it up at some point myself. I doubt it though, as I don't remember fiddling with the code of this game. But, who the fuck knows? The patch works now with init 50. The rest I don't care. Might just manually change the script to enable the taboo content straight away and then restart. Need to restart the game anyways because the variables for the wife seem to have switched on me. So, that could be a problem with my save being corrupt. As it's the same save I've been using since the game was released.

Reactions: Glooskabe

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I know all of that. I do coding and writing myself. I don't feel like going through the entire code to see what happened. Hell, I could've fucked it up at some point myself. I doubt it though, as I don't remember fiddling with the code of this game. But, who the fuck knows? The patch works now with init 50. The rest I don't care. Might just manually change the script to enable the taboo content straight away and then restart. Need to restart the game anyways because the variables for the wife seem to have switched on me. So, that could be a problem with my save being corrupt. As it's the same save I've been using since the game was released.
I've had the script swap happen once. All i had to do was set taboo to True again and it resolved the issue without messing with variables.

Like you i'm unsure what caused the wrong script to load.

JDVT

Sep 23, 2018
this game needs some loving, it needs a Fan Art Assets of the characters and environment

Reactions: fbass

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I've had the script swap happen once. All i had to do was set taboo to True again and it resolved the issue without messing with variables.

That's why I'm just going to enable straight way from the script itself. That way the variable won't swap later. That's the first time it's happened. But, it also makes me wonder if whatever caused it to swap over, also caused the wife path to revert from the path I originally chose. But, to be fair, it's a very old save and being transferred from release to release could've cause corruption.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
That's why I'm just going to enable straight way from the script itself. That way the variable won't swap later. That's the first time it's happened. But, it also makes me wonder if whatever caused it to swap over, also caused the wife path to revert from the path I originally chose. But, to be fair, it's a very old save and being transferred from release to release could've cause corruption.
It's possible it was something in .20 as that's the one i seem to recall it happening to which i think aligns with your issue too. My save was also fairly old as far as releases goes.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020

I blame gremlins...

He should check his junk food and caffeinated beverage offerings to make sure he hasn't offended them... :p

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
It's possible it was something in .20 as that's the one i seem to recall it happening to which i think aligns with your issue too. My save was also fairly old as far as releases goes.
I'll go through the code fully if the swap happens again at that point.

zucchort

Aug 5, 2017
This is my v0.21 Compressed Version with the V0.22 Update, i found no errors in my compressed version.
You can test this version and if you find any error, please let me know, thanks.

Midlife Crisis [v0.22] Nefastus Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.83 GB
Original Size Mac: 3.81 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 1.28 GB
Compressed Size Mac: 1.26 GB

Win/Linux: MEGA
Mac: MEGA

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Can't You post on other sharing sites. i'm over my download limit with mega.

Reactions: xenos87

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
i love this game.. but this update was.. meh
Yeah, one might say 'anti-climatic'.

Doubly so since I've no interest in femdom.
Well if u have no interest in the wife and choose the romance option for sister (no interest in cucking/sharing), it's more like the last 3-4 updates that where rather...Meh

Especialy frustrating is that the game continues to ignore all the 'hate wife' choices and shows MC/wife all lovey dovey, even if a day prior she basicialy said ''fuck u, just give me half ur possessions and fuck off''.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I'll go through the code fully if the swap happens again at that point.
As far as I gathered this is more about Nefastus not being overly fond of blocking content than an actual error on the script's or even Ren'Py's side:
Though it seems the scene in question is designed to work solely on the choices given in v0.21 as the variables set in v0.10 and v0.15 aren't checked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably something Nefastus may want to look into as part of the rework.
Most sex is optional. I don't like the idea of a choice you made in version .3 preventing you from seeing certain content in version .22. There are some exceptions obviously, but harem is VERY much possible with wife. Currently honestly there are some jarring inconsistencies on the neglect the wife route(working on it), she is much better on the romance/loving wife path.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The one before this last update was the hottest to date. I haven't had a chance to play this update yet, but still loving this vn.
even if this one is meh, I believe I'll enjoy more than some posters; due to tastes.

Reactions: fbass

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
As far as I gathered this is more about Nefastus not being overly fond of blocking content than an actual error on the script's or even Ren'Py's side:
I was just thinking that, so I may comb through the script and then see if it's possible to bypass the content that the variables are set for. I've had to do that for a few games using the 'if' variable. It can be a royal pain in the ass to hunt them all down.

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
was going through the MMF option at his in-law's house. Didn't finish, but was interesting how she was suddenly his "SiL" even though she was established as his true sister when she was first introduced.

Went back to MMF option, but got an Exception Error almost immediately after they entered the house.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes