JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
His Sunday updates are usually in 4-5 hours from now. Hopefully everything is okay and we hear something soon.

murishani

Jan 27, 2020
So hey, all. I wonder - is it bad form to offer a developer a reworked script with grammatical fixes? I love this game so much. It really resonates with me. Checks all the boxes, you might say.

Anyway, if it's not considered bad form, how would I go about offering a reworked version?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
EDIT: I'm seeing this is happening to everyone using 0.24 saves. Keeping it up for reference.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 45, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 728, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1867, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "E:\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.25
Tue Jun 15 01:30:36 2021
not an issue i have the game runs great for me :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So hey, all. I wonder - is it bad form to offer a developer a reworked script with grammatical fixes? I love this game so much. It really resonates with me. Checks all the boxes, you might say.

Anyway, if it's not considered bad form, how would I go about offering a reworked version?
Depends on the dev, really. Simple typos and grammar errors are usually taken with a great "thank you". The energy behind fixing them is different though. As soon as it goes into changing speech patterns, let alone story lines, most will say "Thanks, but no thanks."

And some (rare ones) even scoff at the idea that there is anything to improve in their game at all. Yes, even the sentence "Lets me fukc you're pusy" is fine as it is, how dare you think otherwise?

Personally I would say, as long as it is just a way of appreciating the work and fixing typos, it is not bad form. Then again, I am the guy who once almost completely rewrote some proposal at work because there were literally three mistakes every other line. Spelling, punctuation, grammar, consistency of wording, internal logic. They didn't like it.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It is funny that it is always when he says something like: "Uploading now, pretty much no chance of it being late now" and then disappears off the face of earth for a week :D

Reactions: WindySakura

Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone have a .25 save that is right after the arcade? Updated to newest versiom and still crashes no matter what render I choose, crashes after MC asks if girls want to leave

Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
Most voluptuous person and shooting star for me! :giggle:

To think, I only included her to be done with the wild mixes of courteous-modded compressed versions constantly borking my saves…*ts*

Never discount Hailey though...
The same woman model is used in Foot of the Mountain (looking maybe slightly younger) and A Different Summer (looking a bit older).

She's my favorite Milf model, along with the redhead from Personal Trainer and the drawn Mom from A Town Uncovered

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The same woman model is used in Foot of the Mountain (looking maybe slightly younger) and A Different Summer (looking a bit older).

She's my favorite Milf model, along with the redhead from Personal Trainer and the drawn Mom from A Town Uncovered
I can't get past the ATU Mom's mental instability/emotional manipulation.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Does anyone have a .25 save that is right after the arcade? Updated to newest versiom and still crashes no matter what render I choose, crashes after MC asks if girls want to leave
Hm, that's very early in the game… Could you please post the last lines of the traceback (see traceback.txt in the game's root)? Should look something like this:
Code:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "jaddajadda/MidLifeCrisis-v0.25-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 371, in pop_dynamic
    del store[k]
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'
I went ahead and CTRL-skipped to the first scene in the diner after having been to the arcade. Do take note however, that the provided save file will most probably not be usable by the v0.25 shared here, as the latter isn't an official release. See this post about how to switch to the official script files (or more importantly the official rpyc files – and the for further information on why it's important in the first place :geek:).

Hope this helps!

Oh, Sandra's model is also used in volume one of A New Home, albeit only in a minor non-lewdable role.

Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
I will probably have to apply that patch, but my problem occuree even in .23, but not sure if that was another problem release

Save worked fine, though, after patching

Last edited:
Reactions: Hordragg

thecrownguy

May 9, 2020
FUUUUCK!!! What an amazing story. The art almost turned me off because it was so bad, but I saw it improve. There is almost every kink in this game... MORE!

Reactions: murishani

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
FUUUUCK!!! What an amazing story. The art almost turned me off because it was so bad, but I saw it improve. There is almost every kink in this game... MORE!
Yes the writing is very good, so i think that when the game will be done, it would deserve a remake when the dev will get the knowledge and experience to improve his renders and add some animations.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Yes the writing is very good, so i think that when the game will be done, it would deserve a remake when the dev will get the knowledge and experience to improve his renders and add some animations.
I see you are a man of culture as well, what with not being shown these lines:
Python:
if not taboo:
    "Thank you for downloading my game. The early renders are quite bad I will admit. They get much better quickly, so if you would not judge the whole game early I would appreciate it."
    "I would rather focus on new content, though I do plan on redoing the old renders eventually."
;)

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes