Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Isn't it time to add the "ON HOLD" tag or the "ABANDONED" one?
As Kryn said, there are rules for applying these tags which are not met, "our feeling" won't do it. And yes, some devs abuse the rules to avoid getting on the "bad list".

"On Hold" is the dev stating they will discontinue for now but probably return later
"Abandoned" is the dev stating they've given up on the project or (more commonly) three months after the latest game related info by the dev, which in this case would be the infamous "I am uploading now"

Dec 26, 2017
To what effect?

If it's marked "On Hold" people will still ask when the next update will be. They'll also post comments about: when will the dev continue the project; it'd be a shame to let this project die; posts about whether or not the dev still has a Patreon active, etc.

If it's marked "Abandoned" people will still ask when the next update will be. They'll also post comments about: is the dev OK; it'd be a shame to let the project die; the project was one of my favorites; can we get another dev to take it over, etc.

So, let's stop all this useless "should it be marked "on hold" or "abandoned" chatter.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
On hold is a dev requested tag, abandoned needs 3 months with no activity.

If it's marked "Abandoned" people will still ask when the next update will be. They'll also post comments about: is the dev OK; it'd be a shame to let the project die; the project was one of my favorites; can we get another dev to take it over, etc.
If there is no contact in the next month it will be marked abandoned anyway.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
What a damned shame if this ends up being how it all comes to an end.

Don't get me wrong, the writing isn't great from a technical standpoint, but the buildup, situations, and kinks outshone pretty much every other VN on here. Even if someone picked it up they'd never be able to deliver that same level of depravity.

I suppose Desert Stalker is going to be the new close second in that regard, but that one's ambitions are too grand in terms of its story and character arcs.

Reactions: criestoomuch

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Don't get me wrong, the writing isn't great from a technical standpoint
Yes, and no. There are multiple layers to writing. The overall story (mostly bog standard here and only an excuse to get to the girls), the technical aspects of spelling, grammar, punctuation (which is, ehm, not good here) - and the way sentences flow naturally, dialogue seems real, descriptions aren't stilted or overly purple prose. And here this shines, because in my opinion at this level, the flow of dialogue, it is one of the best around.

May 27, 2020
I suppose Desert Stalker is going to be the new close second in that regard
As much as I enjoy desert stalker, that game is too different to compare with Midlife Crisis and shouldn't be just because they have middle aged protags. In MLC there's the slow build-up to sex with the daughters which then pays off in a spectacular way while for Desert Stalker you're already having sex with one of them.

You're also not seducing your wife via your niece to have a threesome while also banging a red-head who is now pregnant with your child.

Skargaroth

Oct 19, 2020
Just got to the end of .25 and damn.. It's a long haul but was totally enjoyable throughout.

Other than some spelling and grammar issues this game is probably one of my favourites.

Especially loved the youngest daughter/father dynamics in the restaurant towards the end.

Looking forward to seeing more.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes