Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Side note, since looking like he may not be coming back, hope all his patreons know this and dont endlessly waste money, plus if he is just taking a break, losing patreons prob make him come back
If he is "taking a break" in the way it seems, I doubt that losing patreon money will change that. Or, worse, if it did it may not be too healthy.

That being said, yes, Patreons should stop supporting if nothing happens. Some games abandoned for years still have earnings in the low four digits which could be spent elsewhere. Or just saved up for retirement.

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
I randomly thought how I didn't hear anything about this game in a while, and popped in. Damn it's a lot to take in. With his final message on Patreon and that he hasn't even logged in for two months does make it sound like some bad suddenly happened.

I couldn't imagine vanishing from the internet for two months intentionally if nothing big happened - physically, mentally, or otherwise. Without even checking in. Hope the dev is doing alright, or at least getting better day by day.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Hopefully he'll show back up and everything will be fine. But as time goes on, that becomes less likely. This was/is a great game. It proves you don't need fancy animations or great ( or sometimes even good ) renders to be really popular. If you can write a fun and engaging story, people will play it. Defying expectations. Hopefully Nefastus defies more expectations and comes back one day.

Last edited:

TJ03

Jan 20, 2018
Unforntly he did say he just got back from a family graduation party and was extremly tired, so that does have possiblity of being covid related, but could be 100 dif things, unforntly if anything did happen we will never know, since to my knowledge no one knows him in RL or anyway to contact anyone that knows him

Reactions: User1230

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
Unforntly he did say he just got back from a family graduation party and was extremly tired, so that does have possiblity of being covid related, but could be 100 dif things, unforntly if anything did happen we will never know, since to my knowledge no one knows him in RL or anyway to contact anyone that knows him
That status is two months old

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
i'm pretty sure he just lost interest in working on it any more or he hit a mental block. the last update was extremely short from what i remember and wasn't as fleshed out as his past update. lets hope i'm wrong and its not another pandelo.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
i'm pretty sure he just lost interest in working on it any more or he hit a mental block. the last update was extremely short from what i remember and wasn't as fleshed out as his past update. lets hope i'm wrong and its not another pandelo.
Strange place to lose interest in working on it, right when you are about to upload the new update..........seriously doubt it's that.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
wow this game was updated just a few months ago ..... you people be demanding .... relax it'll get update again ... :rolleyes: jeez ....

Reactions: HunterSeeker

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
wow this game was updated just a few months ago ..... you people be demanding .... relax it'll get update again ... :rolleyes: jeez ....
Sure it might. It wouldn't be the first developer to go into hiatus for a while and then reappear with people relieved he's alive more than angry at taking all the money and not delivering anything.

People here (and elsewhere) are genuinely concerned for his well-being, mainly due to his earlier statements about having bouts of depression.
I don't believe he really had a complete update ready to upload. And if he did hit a writer's block and deliberately went into hiding, it's not cool to do it like this.

And yes, he might be cut off from the internet for a while, even months, but that means he should be doing something in the background and when he comes back next month, he should have a four months worth of update uploaded with a big "I'm sorry".

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Sure it might. It wouldn't be the first developer to go into hiatus for a while and then reappear with people relieved he's alive more than angry at taking all the money and not delivering anything.

People here (and elsewhere) are genuinely concerned for his well-being, mainly due to his earlier statements about having bouts of depression.
I don't believe he really had a complete update ready to upload. And if he did hit a writer's block and deliberately went into hiding, it's not cool to do it like this.

And yes, he might be cut off from the internet for a while, even months, but that means he should be doing something in the background and when he comes back next month, he should have a four months worth of update uploaded with a big "I'm sorry".
What are you talking about, you don't know nothing Jon Snow!!, we don't know either and as we know he got difficulties already but never this long we are concerned.
You assume he's ok but just not wants to talk because he did nothing as he promised. Do you realise that you are actually shaming him for beeing lazy just because you are pissed to not have your update without having any clue on what's going on.

It's not the same as the infamous dev of a MILF game who pretends since years that he will update his game, gets more than 20000 a month during two years without doing anything, complaining that he is sick as an excuse and goes on like this without any shame.

Here we are facing someone who really have been seriously sick and who disapear suddently without any warning and seems to be totally absent since more than two month. So have a bit of respect as you don't know what's happening at all.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Any reason why you'd say that? It would have been within his normal timeframe, he is not known to put out strange excuses by the dozen or anything like that, always was reliable before this year in what he said and did.
He changed his MO in the weeks leading up to his disappearance. He himself admitted that he was lax (to say the least) with weekly updates and he's trying to work on that. Then he disappears.

What are you talking about, you don't know nothing Jon Snow!!, we don't know either and as we know he got difficulties already but never this long we are concerned.
You assume he's ok but just not wants to talk because he did nothing as he promised. Do you realise that you are actually shaming him for beeing lazy just because you are pissed to not have your update without having any clue on what's going on.
I'm not shaming him. He may have depression, he may have anxiety, he may have a ton of different psychological issues.

It's not the same as the infamous dev of a MILF game who pretends since years that he will update his game, gets more than 20000 a month during two years without doing anything, complaining that he is sick as an excuse and goes on like this without any shame.
This isn't really the place to discuss Milfy Shity.

Here we are facing someone who really have been seriously sick and who disapear suddently without any warning and seems to be totally absent since more than two month. So have a bit of respect as you don't know what's happening at all.
Again: we don't know anything, and I'm not trying to argue that he's perfectly well and playing us all for fools and laughing at us. (Well, not us, but his patrons.)
For all we know, he's sick or isn't sick and that's beside the point.

I'm just pointing out the possibility that he may have given up working on his project, he cannot bring himself to return to it, he's fallen behind and falling behind even further and can't bear with himself.
All this can be caused by a mental or emotional disorder.

Although it's certainly a possibility, it doesn't need to be laziness or cynicism.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes