Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
He changed his MO in the weeks leading up to his disappearance. He himself admitted that he was lax (to say the least) with weekly updates and he's trying to work on that. Then he disappears.

I'm not shaming him. He may have depression, he may have anxiety, he may have a ton of different psychological issues.

This isn't really the place to discuss Milfy Shity.

Again: we don't know anything, and I'm not trying to argue that he's perfectly well and playing us all for fools and laughing at us. (Well, not us, but his patrons.)
For all we know, he's sick or isn't sick and that's beside the point.

I'm just pointing out the possibility that he may have given up working on his project, he cannot bring himself to return to it, he's fallen behind and falling behind even further and can't bear with himself.
All this can be caused by a mental or emotional disorder.

Although it's certainly a possibility, it doesn't need to be laziness or cynicism.
If i remember correctly, last time he had problems he informed us. Going radio silent, for all the time I have followed his work, since 2019 has never been his style.

While it is possible that he simply needs some time out, it is not believable he would simply say nothing without informing us.

Sorry, but all evidence suggest a physical problem, as it is the only thing that would prevent him to communicate a simple message. (this is not directed to you, but to anyone that read this comment) before anyone suggest the argument "this way he can further milk his subscriber" as it is usually the case when things like this happen, simply notice that the best way to milk your subscriber is to keep making excuses "update is coming" over and over. Not radio silence.

Something happened to him and I am afraid that it was not some flu. If he is still alive, which at this point I strongly doubt, he is very incapacitated. There are not many explanations for the lack of "sorry guys, things happens, I might not come back, bye" message. Even in a hospital you can have access to internet.

• Sad
Reactions: jaw1986baby

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
If i remember correctly, last time he had problems he informed us. Going radio silent, for all the time I have followed his work, since 2019 has never been his style.

While it is possible that he simply needs some time out, it is not believable he would simply say nothing without informing us.

Sorry, but all evidence suggest a physical problem, as it is the only thing that would prevent him to communicate a simple message. (this is not directed to you, but to anyone that read this comment) before anyone suggest the argument "this way he can further milk his subscriber" as it is usually the case when things like this happen, simply notice that the best way to milk your subscriber is to keep making excuses "update is coming" over and over. Not radio silence.

Something happened to him and I am afraid that it was not some flu. If he is still alive, which at this point I strongly doubt, he is very incapacitated. There are not many explanations for the lack of "sorry guys, things happens, I might not come back, bye" message. Even in a hospital you can have access to internet.
I can think of multiple reasons why he would be incapable of contacting others without having necessarily died. He may have used a password manager and not have access to the device. Hospital may block a wide range of content for its WiFi (though I doubt that a site like Patreon would suffer or F95 would be known enough to be included).

Also "incapable of contacting" doesn't have to mean physically incapable, it can just as well be psychologically. The inability to admit that for health reasons a project has to stop. The inability to admit that you fucked up - even though you didn't really in case of some illness, the feeling will be there and grow on a daily basis.

However, any of these would mean that, while nefastus may (hopefully) be alive and recovering, the game probably will be very much dead.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
He may have used a password manager and not have access to the device.
If it was something like this, the problem would be as simple as creating a new account and informing people he lost access. And I am sure that retrieving access would not be hard, email and other methods. Maybe on patreon, or discord, or here, but not impossible to access all at the same time.
Hospital may block a wide range of content for its WiFi (though I doubt that a site like Patreon would suffer or F95 would be known enough to be included).
Unlikely that all channels are blocked and most countries now people have internet in their own cell phones, that is usually not blocked.
Also "incapable of contacting" doesn't have to mean physically incapable, it can just as well be psychologically. The inability to admit that for health reasons a project has to stop. The inability to admit that you fucked up - even though you didn't really in case of some illness, the feeling will be there and grow on a daily basis.
Most psychological problems generate state of mind that fluctuate, only very few leave you in the bad state for indeterminate time. So unless he was accepted in a psychiatric and removed all access, i don't believe something like this is possible. And if he was admitted in such a place, I don't believe they would remove him controlled access unless he was in an extremely serious condition. His last messages did not suggest such thing.
However, any of these would mean that, while nefastus may (hopefully) be alive and recovering, the game probably will be very much dead.
On this we agree fully. Game is dead. While sad, at this point, it would be nice to know he is ok. I found him to be quite a nice guy.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We're talking as two people who know nothing here, but whatever.

If it was something like this, the problem would be as simple as creating a new account and informing people he lost access. And I am sure that retrieving access would not be hard, email and other methods. Maybe on patreon, or discord, or here, but not impossible to access all at the same time.
The "new account" idea (for here) is something I didn't think about but wouldn't solve Patreon methinks. However, I know a guy who lost his password manager due to a disk crash and that included mail so all this handy "we send you your password per mail" wouldn't work and getting the mail to operate again was quite some hassle (because none of the "give us your phone number and tell us your second pet's name" had been done) though I doubt two months worth of it.

Unlikely that all channels are blocked and most countries now people have internet in their own cell phones, that is usually not blocked.
I agree that it is unlikely that Patreon or F95 would be. With the phone however, I don't know how old nefastus is. At least here, starting at about 40 and getting more when they're older, many people only use their phone for phoning and maybe whatsapp and similar, but not for email, forums, ..., and in part even use old Nokia style phones which can't even do that.

His last messages did not suggested such thing.
On this I agree. It didn't sound good but better than "Oh, I did not shower or leave the house for four weeks" it was. And thus I also agree that of all my possible explanations the "growing wall of guilt" would be the most probable one.

But either way, we don't know and unfortunately most likely never will.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
We're talking as two people who know nothing here, but whatever.
Isn't that always the case? :lepew:
But either way, we don't know and unfortunately most likely never will.
Of course. In all honesty, I would prefer to be absolutely wrong and he is actually on a party with some hot teens livin la vida loca. I am simply trying to figure out what his past behavior and what I believe are realistic assumptions could imply about his current radio silence. And following that thought experiment, my conclusion are disheartening.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I agree that it is unlikely that Patreon or F95 would be. With the phone however, I don't know how old nefastus is. At least here, starting at about 40
He's in his 40's and has mentioned having discord on the phone, the last time he was away he said he forgot to buy a charger.

Reactions: User1230

Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
So it seems that my problem with the arcade and a few other scenes is the renderer. My video card is old, and cant do OpenGL and is out of date with DirectX, but has the latest drivers it can. Its just weird that most of the game is playable, but freezes at those scenes. And it was able to do it in earlier versions. Almost seems like the scene changed to only OpenGL

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
So it seems that my problem with the arcade and a few other scenes is the renderer. My video card is old, and cant do OpenGL and is out of date with DirectX, but has the latest drivers it can. Its just weird that most of the game is playable, but freezes at those scenes. And it was able to do it in earlier versions. Almost seems like the scene changed to only OpenGL
Did you try changing it to Angle2 using Shift-G or starting the game while holding the Shift key and changing it there?
My video card cannot handle that either and changing it really helped with a lot of games.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I have not talked about the possibilities of Nefastus condition because 1. I wanted to keep my hopes up, and 2. Not really much of a fan of speculating about peoples real life, but I'll remember everyone that we are in a pandemic and that the consequences of the Virus are severe even if the person survives, it is my hope that if they have something they'll recover but it is a sadly a very real possibility that they are gone, I sure hope it isn't any of this and maybe they just decided to say fuck it and leave the internet for a good while, but still the other options are really much closer to what I think is the reality of the situation, and the lack of contact being because of that, I don't remember but I doubt anyone around them knew about the game and even if they did there is no guarantee they would know how to contact the people that pledge on Patreon.

With all that being said I'll leave here my hopes for Nefastus re-appearing and being at least okay-ish sometime in the future.

Shawdawg

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I tried that. When I booted up on OpenGL, I just get a white screen, and Angle works, but still freezes at the point where the MC, redhead, and daughter are on screen. I can in the newest version at least use the Gallery mod, but going thru the story was fun. I think the last update that worked was the one that ended with wife, mc, and niece first time.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Yeah, I tried that. When I booted up on OpenGL, I just get a white screen, and Angle works, but still freezes at the point where the MC, redhead, and daughter are on screen
Curious. Ok. I wind up using Angle2 if I have any video issues or the game crashes on start-up.
Sorry it did not work for you.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I have not talked about the possibilities of Nefastus condition because 1. I wanted to keep my hopes up, and 2. Not really much of a fan of speculating about peoples real life, but I'll remember everyone that we are in a pandemic and that the consequences of the Virus are severe even if the person survives, it is my hope that if they have something they'll recover but it is a sadly a very real possibility that they are gone, I sure hope it isn't any of this and maybe they just decided to say fuck it and leave the internet for a good while, but still the other options are really much closer to what I think is the reality of the situation, and the lack of contact being because of that, I don't remember but I doubt anyone around them knew about the game and even if they did there is no guarantee they would know how to contact the people that pledge on Patreon.

With all that being said I'll leave here my hopes for Nefastus re-appearing and being at least okay-ish sometime in the future.
And if I remember his last communication, he had just returned from a family gathering (where he would have been exposed to a number of people) and was feeling fatigued. Very worrisome during the pandemic.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
And if I remember his last communication, he had just returned from a family gathering (where he would have been exposed to a number of people) and was feeling fatigued. Very worrisome during the pandemic.
Mannnn...and here I was hoping his heart gave out from cocaine abuse while he was balls deep in a barely legal person of his choosing.

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
It is actually possible to block a wide array of content on a public network in setting up a firewall and/or proxy, and slowly places like hospitals are starting to follow these best practices precisely because of things like ransomware attacks. Still a long ways to go, but what you are talking about only looks at the end user perspective without looking at the network that one must connect to while in a hospital. Just saying, your statement is not necessarily accurate at all about people having access to everything in a hospital.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It is actually possible to block a wide array of content on a public network in setting up a firewall and/or proxy, and slowly places like hospitals are starting to follow these best practices precisely because of things like ransomware attacks. Still a long ways to go, but what you are talking about only looks at the end user perspective without looking at the network that one must connect to while in a hospital. Just saying, your statement is not necessarily accurate at all about people having access to everything in a hospital.
So hospitals block Twitter and Discord? Even on mobile data?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I understand in hospital connection he may have a problem. But in that very thing that you quote I mentioned the fact that even if blocked he would still have access to his own cell phone. So I am not sure what you are claiming it is accurate or not, unless you tell me that he would not even have access to that.

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
So hospitals block Twitter and Discord? Even on mobile data?
Probably none block those sites. My point of contention was about F95Zone. Mobile data wouldn't be blocked, however it is much more spotty at times than a WiFi connection. Interference can easily disrupt a cell data signal depending on what part of a hospital one is in, which is a primary reason they still have a wired phone system in them.

I understand in hospital connection he may have a problem. But in that very thing that you quote I mentioned the fact that even if blocked he would still have access to his own cell phone. So I am not sure what you are claiming it is accurate or not, unless you tell me that he would not even have access to that.
No, I'm saying that particularly if you are connecting to a WiFi network, that any place with a decent network security team would potentially have forums such as F95Zone blocked on the proxy or firewall. I'm not advocating this, I'm simply stating what a typical well written and implemented network security policy would look like.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Probably none block those sites. My point of contention was about F95Zone. Mobile data wouldn't be blocked, however it is much more spotty at times than a WiFi connection. Interference can easily disrupt a cell data signal depending on what part of a hospital one is in, which is a primary reason they still have a wired phone system in them.

No, I'm saying that particularly if you are connecting to a WiFi network, that any place with a decent network security team would potentially have forums such as F95Zone blocked on the proxy or firewall. I'm not advocating this, I'm simply stating what a typical well written and implemented network security policy would look like.
Then what you're saying is completely irrelevant, since the contention was that it's unlikely that a hospital would block all ways he could communicate. Barging in and saying that some of them might be blocked is not at all helpful.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes