UrchinHank

Oct 21, 2017
Has no one been inside a building where cell signal is basically non existent? Heck, my apartment is like that. Outside? Great signal. Inside?
That's why my voicemail basically indicates that a message should be left, as calls or texts won't go through until I go outside. Just walking to take out the trash I may get a dozen text messages suddenly.
Hospitals tend to be like that.
So do jails.
So do lots of other buildings.

Reactions: LN1982

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
How unfortunate. Midlife Crisis was always quite reliable, and had a decent amount of humor. I even liked the large friend, that may or may not have mafia connections.

I hope that Nefastus just had some personal issues in his life, and decided to take a long break, and doesn't have the heart to come and communicate yet.

Certainly there are loads of bad possibilities, but I hope for the best.

Remember Connected? ChainZero disappeared without logging in or any notice for more than a year. Suddenly he shows up again, let us know that he had a fight with a family member, and in a fit of depression or rage or something, deleted most of the game, and didn't have the heart to come back and let everyone know.

Not saying that is the case here, but it's possible.

F95 is filled with abandoned games, and more often than not, the devs just disappear without a trace suddenly, keeping their Patreon open until all the supporters eventually drift away.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
So hospitals block Twitter and Discord? Even on mobile data?
I understand in hospital connection he may have a problem. But in that very thing that you quote I mentioned the fact that even if blocked he would still have access to his own cell phone. So I am not sure what you are claiming it is accurate or not, unless you tell me that he would not even have access to that.
Probably none block those sites. My point of contention was about F95Zone. Mobile data wouldn't be blocked, however it is much more spotty at times than a WiFi connection. Interference can easily disrupt a cell data signal depending on what part of a hospital one is in, which is a primary reason they still have a wired phone system in them.
"Depending on what part of the hospital one is in..." This is the most relevant factor. Almost all hospitals have certain wards where all cell phone signals are blocked - the cardiac intensive care unit, for example. Granted, if you're in cardiac intensive care, you're probably not in good enough shape to be using your cell phone in the first place, but even if you were, you couldn't.

Then what you're saying is completely irrelevant, since the contention was that it's unlikely that a hospital would block all ways he could communicate. Barging in and saying that some of them might be blocked is not at all helpful.
Assuming that I correctly understood him, what he was saying is not completely irrelevant. Quite the opposite, in fact. It's a highly relevant point, if NefastusGames should happen to be in the hospital at this time. If he is the hospital, then whether or not he can communicate with his supporters will likely depend first on his condition, and second on where in the hospital he is located.

Then, of course, there's also the possibility that he's in jail, which has also been mentioned. If so, then he definitely wouldn't be able to communicate with us at all until he gets out.

Reactions: LN1982

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I mean, speculations are running completely wild now, and it might differ by country, but even if you get imprisoned you would be able to regularily shut down any business you might have, after all not doing so might easily affect innocent people, so putting a message on Patreon and closing the account (at least for now) needs to be possible. Whether you'd want to in that situation might depend on multiple factors, but you could.

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
Fair enough, I thought that the reply that I originally quoted was meant to say that even if the hospital blocked F95Zone, which was specifically mentioned along with Patreon, that he could use cell data to get around it, which was what I was saying was easily untrue. Discord and Twitter were not in the scope of the message that was being replied to in the quote. My point never was intended to say what I was talking about applied to all websites, it was merely about the way networks operate. That doesn't make it irrelevant, it merely means I should have quoted the previous post that was being responded to as well to clarify what my point of contention was.

Reactions: User1230

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
How unfortunate. Midlife Crisis was always quite reliable, and had a decent amount of humor. I even liked the large friend, that may or may not have mafia connections.

I hope that Nefastus just had some personal issues in his life, and decided to take a long break, and doesn't have the heart to come and communicate yet.

Certainly there are loads of bad possibilities, but I hope for the best.

Remember Connected? ChainZero disappeared without logging in or any notice for more than a year. Suddenly he shows up again, let us know that he had a fight with a family member, and in a fit of depression or rage or something, deleted most of the game, and didn't have the heart to come back and let everyone know.

Not saying that is the case here, but it's possible.

F95 is filled with abandoned games, and more often than not, the devs just disappear without a trace suddenly, keeping their Patreon open until all the supporters eventually drift away.
That is certainly "best case scenario", right there. I hope it just boils down to Nef just trying to figure shit out in his real-life, and his game was just put on the back-burner.
Honestly, after supporting him for so long, whether just a buck here or 5 bucks there, it felt weird to end my Patreon support for him.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That is certainly "best case scenario", right there. I hope it just boils down to Nef just trying to figure shit out in his real-life, and his game was just put on the back-burner.
Honestly, after supporting him for so long, whether just a buck here or 5 bucks there, it felt weird to end my Patreon support for him.
Was just thinking about this game. Has Nefastus said anything? Or did he just 'poof'?

Reactions: MrFriendly

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Was just thinking about this game. Has Nefastus said anything? Or did he just 'poof'?
His last post was on June 20th, homie. I will spare you having to go back countless pages:
On June 20th, he posted that he just got back from a family event, but he was tired. He then said that Midlife Crisis 0.26 was going to be uploaded, and would be available "soon." Then, silence... Flash forward a couple months, there is a ton of hyperbole about his "poof" status. Some say he is imprisoned, some say he is dead, others say he is in some sort of hospital that doesn't allow for phone or internet service... while others believe it is depression, and he is just not focusing on his game right now, since Nef has publicly stated he is dealing with a lot of IRL bullshit.
Either way, the status of Midlife Crisis is unknown, since nobody knows where the hell Nef is, or how he is. No correspondence on either Patreon or Subscribestar, and he hasn't posted on Discord in forever. Who knows, come September 20th, if this game will receive that ever tragic "ABANDONED" tag here on F95. My hopes, we get that update sooner rather than later.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
His last post was on June 20th, homie. I will spare you having to go back countless pages:
On June 20th, he posted that he just got back from a family event, but he was tired. He then said that Midlife Crisis 0.26 was going to be uploaded, and would be available "soon." Then, silence... Flash forward a couple months, there is a ton of hyperbole about his "poof" status. Some say he is imprisoned, some say he is dead, others say he is in some sort of hospital that doesn't allow for phone or internet service... while others believe it is depression, and he is just not focusing on his game right now, since Nef has publicly stated he is dealing with a lot of IRL bullshit.
Either way, the status of Midlife Crisis is unknown, since nobody knows where the hell Nef is, or how he is. No correspondence on either Patreon or Subscribestar, and he hasn't posted on Discord in forever. Who knows, come September 20th, if this game will receive that ever tragic "ABANDONED" tag here on F95. My hopes, we get that update sooner rather than later.
To be fair, nobody said he was in prison or hospital, these were suggestions of possibilities to explain the situation, not outright guesses at what really happened.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
To be fair, nobody said he was in prison or hospital, these were suggestions of possibilities to explain the situation, not outright guesses at what really happened.
Apologies. That's why I prefaced it with "hyperbole". I am not trying to attack, or make fun. I've even pontificated that he may, or may not, have taken a sabbatical because of his depression. But I mean no offense, Geno.

Reactions: Cartageno

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Well, shit. I hope he does make an appearance at some point and hope he's safe. Don't want this to turn into another 'Bad Teacher' and not know anything like with Windward.
Oooof. Bad Teacher. Now there was a game that I often think about, and wonder how awesome it would be if it were still active.
Yeah, I hope Nef appears out of thin-air soon, and surprises us with an update. Shit, do I ever hope.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Alright.. I'll say what everyone else is afraid to even THINK.. Nefastus has OBVIOUSLY been abducted by ALIENS.. I just hope that the anal probes don't cause problems for this game. :)

Honestly though, at this point I don't care if there was a problem that erased the new update or something.. I just wanna know that the dev is ok. Here's to hoping that we will hear something soon, and I hope that Nef, and everyone else is and stays healthy and happy (and NOT abducted by aliens). :)

Just a thought.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Apologies. That's why I prefaced it with "hyperbole". I am not trying to attack, or make fun. I've even pontificated that he may, or may not, have taken a sabbatical because of his depression. But I mean no offense, Geno.
Ah, then I understood your "hyperbole" in an unintended way, I thought you were referring to you distancing yourself from these idle speculations. Although we have to admit they are idle since really nobody (on here) knows.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Alright.. I'll say what everyone else is afraid to even THINK.. Nefastus has OBVIOUSLY been abducted by ALIENS.. I just hope that the anal probes don't cause problems for this game. :)

Honestly though, at this point I don't care if there was a problem that erased the new update or something.. I just wanna know that the dev is ok. Here's to hoping that we will hear something soon, and I hope that Nef, and everyone else is and stays healthy and happy (and NOT abducted by aliens). :)

Just a thought.
You know, now they force you to ballroom dance all night long and then they probe you all day long. In many different positions.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Dang, one more month to abandoned status? I never would have thought of that happening with this game. Sure I don't check this thread very often but I was sure that nefastus would be back. I don't have that hope now, especially when someone compares it to Bad Teacher and windward.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I got an update from Patreon about Nefastus.

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry no updates as of yet. I would encourage to either reach out to the creator directly or to cancel your membership if Creator has gone silent.

Please do reach out if you have any questions regarding this and I Will be more than happy to further assist.
So... Nothing. Complete radio silence, he's not even replying to Patreon's attempts to contact him. Many different possibilities why, all of them bad.

Without his e-mail address, we can't even begin to deduce his real identity, so I guess this game will have to be buried. Quite a shame.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I got an update from Patreon about Nefastus.

So... Nothing. Complete radio silence, he's not even replying to Patreon's attempts to contact him. Many different possibilities why, all of them bad.

Without his e-mail address, we can't even begin to deduce his real identity, so I guess this game will have to be buried. Quite a shame.
Oh, man! Too bad! Just hope Nefastus is fine and nothing really bad happened.

Reactions: belovedeggs
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes