Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Advancing to an upcoming version is definitely done by the mod only. Just toyed around with it and it seems one doesn't even need to unren anything. Just dropping in the modded script files without removing scripts.rpa shows modded choices (tested on 0.25 content only) and will advance into 0.26 without a hitch. Neat to know. Thanks!
ok it's been a while since we had that issue as well. the reason i tried to put the .25 mod in is that happened i think in .23/.24 as well.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
alright, so i tried adding the mod to V26 to see if my save will load. this time it does load my save, but it ends in the same spot instead of moving onto V26.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
alright, so i tried adding the mod to V26 to see if my save will load. this time it does load my save, but it ends in the same spot instead of moving onto V26.
did you delete all .rpa files after moving the script files over as described in the instructions?

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
No, i just did the "/ mod as archive ( scripts.rpa ) --> the quick and easy way to install the mod"

since that was enough to get my save to load.

let me try option 2.

Edit: Did it the second way where i unren then overwrite the scripts and delete the RPA's. Still ends the game on V25.

Last edited:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
No, i just did the "/ mod as archive ( scripts.rpa ) --> the quick and easy way to install the mod"

since that was enough to get my save to load.

let me try option 2.

Edit: Did it the second way where i unren then overwrite the scripts and delete the RPA's. Still ends the game on V25.
Yeah, dropping in the modded script files it has to be, else you're effectively removing version26.rpy from the game. Though I did not follow the instructions to the letter – did not unpack the .rpyc files, as I wasn't going to make a save hence it being of no consequence whatsoever whether Ren'Py reanotated the AST or not ( ; for the technical inclined) – I still got it working without a hitch. Hm, if all went well you should have .rpy as well as .rpyc files for all scripts including version26 inside your game's game directory with version25's last label jumping to version26's first, (exactly) like this:
Python:
label endversion25:
    if renpy.has_label('version26'):
        jump version26

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
Guys Im after tracy too but I dont want to be reciving just giving but at the same time I dont want to miss too much content if I choose the first choice can I still refuse to be on the reciving end but at the same time having acces to a lot of choices? 3g4sdgs.JPG

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Yeah, dropping in the modded script files it has to be, else you're effectively removing version26.rpy from the game. Though I did not follow the instructions to the letter – did not unpack the .rpyc files, as I wasn't going to make a save hence it being of no consequence whatsoever whether Ren'Py reanotated the AST or not ( ; for the technical inclined) – I still got it working without a hitch. Hm, if all went well you should have .rpy as well as .rpyc files for all scripts including version26 inside your game's game directory with version25's last label jumping to version26's first, (exactly) like this:
Python:
label endversion25:
    if renpy.has_label('version26'):
        jump version26
tried to show as much necassery info in that pic. I do have that label and jump at the end. I left chap26.rpa since there was no replacement for it in the mod. The game still ends at V25 for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Guys Im after tracy too but I dont want to be reciving just giving but at the same time I dont want to miss too much content if I choose the first choice can I still refuse to be on the reciving end but at the same time having acces to a lot of choices? View attachment 1416201
Read what dev said in the choices. One choice will give you harder scenes where you can also receive, but you will be asked if want to do them in second option those choices will not be given, then again if choose two you are likely not interested in them anyway. :p

Reactions: randomguy6516265165

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
tried to show as much necassery info in that pic. I do have that label and jump at the end. I left chap26.rpa since there was no replacement for it in the mod. The game still ends at V25 for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Could you check if you have version26.rpy/.rpyc alongside those files, too? There's nothing else I could think of that would stop you from playing the 0.26 content. Sorry.

On a sidenote: you can safely delete Chap26.rpa as unren should've placed the only content it contained into games/images/version26.

murishani

Jan 27, 2020
Guys Im after tracy too but I dont want to be reciving just giving but at the same time I dont want to miss too much content if I choose the first choice can I still refuse to be on the reciving end but at the same time having acces to a lot of choices? View attachment 1416201
In every interaction, the Dev is careful to give you (the player, not the MC) opportunity to know what's coming next. Proceed on without fear :)

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
There we go. Unpacking the original scritps.rpa in another location then copying verion26.* to your game should do the trick.
when i unren it, it doesn't unpack Chap26.rpa. will it work if i just download some ones rpyc of 26?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
when i unren it, it doesn't unpack Chap26.rpa. will it work if i just download some ones rpyc of 26?
The missing script isn't located inside Chap26.rpa but in the original scripts.rpa instead. I take it you did not undo the first mod install by dropping that file back in before using unren, correct?

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Alright, so now i have CH 26 after putting the old script.rpa and extracting. I have this error now

1632256307234.png

EDIT: i hit rollback and it made the game start a bit before my save, but then allowed it to continue into V26. I'll take what i can get. Working now, thanks!

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes