Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
As long as they are not drunk I would clump them together seeing as they share ancestry and my piece of shit brain can not tell them apart. :KEK:
Wait, are you suggesting the Irish ginger's would not be drunk???

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Oh they'll get drunk for sure but it stops being fun when one of you drunken gingers kills another drunk ginger. :WeSmart:
I'm, saddly, not a ginger, but a fan. On the other hand, I do carry a ginger gene, and am ready and willing to help the cause - I just need to find a ginger lady to do her part!!!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
As long as they are not drunk I would clump them together seeing as they share ancestry and my piece of shit brain can not tell them apart. :KEK:
Is it relevant that Ireland and Scotland got their Ginger Genes from the Nordic countries, the Vikings?

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
Is it relevant that Ireland and Scotland got their Ginger Genes from the Nordic countries, the Vikings?
Although I haven't read any genetic research regarding the topic, I highly doubt that the ginger-gene in Ireland and Britain came from Vikings and Norseman. For starters when it comes to their settlement patterns the Norseman had the greatest influence in the Scottish Isles and Mann and the Vikings in the area known as the Danelaw, not the Scottish Highlands or Ireland. As an aside Dutchmen were generally called redheads/redbeards by the Chinese and Japanese in the 17th century.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Excuse me? The Vikings settled in Ireland in the 9th century. They were also very active in Scotland. In fact they were all over the place in Europe and beyond, ranging as far as Russia and Byzantium.
A recent study found that the genes for red hair occur most often in regions of historical Viking settlements in Scotland and Ireland.

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
Excuse me? The Vikings settled in Ireland in the 9th century. They were also very active in Scotland. In fact they were all over the place in Europe and beyond, ranging as far as Russia and Byzantium.
I wrote that when it came to their settlement patterns they had the greatest influence in the Hebrides, Mann and the Danelaw, that doesn't mean they didn't settle other places. I'm well aware of the extent of Viking/Varangian trade routes, heck I even remember reading about them raiding the Persian Caspian coast and sailing up a branch of the Oxus river (which at that point still reached the Caspian) and going all the way to Balkh in Afghanistan to trade. But they were mostly that, trade routes. Yes they founded the Rus principalities, Normandy and by extension of the latter Norman Sicily and at least one Crusader State, but as far as I'm aware they didn't come in numbers significant enough to drastically impact the demography of those areas, with the exception of the areas I mentioned before.

The Vikings founded Dublin, so that was definitely some influence there. ;)
Once again, I didn't mean to say there was no influence, just not enough to significantly alter the demography. Although Norse Dublin was preceded by an Irish settlement.

A recent study found that the genes for red hair occur most often in regions of historical Viking settlements in Scotland and Ireland.
If you could share that study I'd like to read it. According to this wikipage ( ) the central aspects of the Irish genome were established 4000 years ago. It also mentions that there is a large degree of genetic similarity between the Northeastern Irish population and that of Southern Scotland and Cumbria, which they interpreted as being a result of the 17th century Ulster Plantations.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Alright, this discussion of the 'Ginger' gene has gone far enough. I will now settle the discussion with the TRUTH. The voices in my head say that ALL 'Gingers' are descended from Hagar the Horrible. :) Now that we have the debate is settled (if we can't trust the voices in my head who can we trust?) we can move on to important things like when we will finally get the SEXY close-ups of the MC's left nostril. :devilish:

Just a thought.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I wrote that when it came to their settlement patterns they had the greatest influence in the Hebrides, Mann and the Danelaw, that doesn't mean they didn't settle other places. I'm well aware of the extent of Viking/Varangian trade routes, heck I even remember reading about them raiding the Persian Caspian coast and sailing up a branch of the Oxus river (which at that point still reached the Caspian) and going all the way to Balkh in Afghanistan to trade. But they were mostly that, trade routes. Yes they founded the Rus principalities, Normandy and by extension of the latter Norman Sicily and at least one Crusader State, but as far as I'm aware they didn't come in numbers significant enough to drastically impact the demography of those areas, with the exception of the areas I mentioned before.

Once again, I didn't mean to say there was no influence, just not enough to significantly alter the demography. Although Norse Dublin was preceded by an Irish settlement.

If you could share that study I'd like to read it. According to this wikipage ( ) the central aspects of the Irish genome were established 4000 years ago. It also mentions that there is a large degree of genetic similarity between the Northeastern Irish population and that of Southern Scotland and Cumbria, which they interpreted as being a result of the 17th century Ulster Plantations.
Where they went, their genes went too. And even if they left, or didn't stay long, some genes stayed and these will occasionally pop up in new generations. It's as simple as that. No need to change the demography.

As this is totally off topic, I will leave it at that.

Reactions: CircaAD

Axel F

Apr 30, 2021
I don't really remember, but in the last updates i wasn't given the option to "pursue" anyone. For example mc wants to have fun with the wife, but she says no, then he can go see what the girls are doing, two are sleeping in the same room, christine's door is locked, and so on. Only blue balls for the mc.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes