jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
I can't load my 0.25 save on 0.27a anyone knows why that could be?
I just used the search box in the upper right hand corner of this page for the words: v0.25 save

This popped up about the 7th one down:
The problem is the version uploaded here has been unpacked (exported all files from the RPA archives) and then deleted/regenerated the official rpyc files - which broke most of the old saves.

There is a way to get your v0.24 saves to work though.

Any saves made using the unpacked v0.25 from here probably won't work in the official version of v0.26 however (because once again the rpyc files won't match).

Hopefully future uploaders of this game won't mess with the official files and break saves.

Reactions: Ruffuss

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
any update of this game?
This was on the previous page. Unless something magical happens - probably at least a month from now since every update has taken at least two months and up to four.
Well, given that the current version, v0.27, only came out 5 weeks ago (Nov 20?) ... it's most likely at least another month away. You can see when the last update occurred by looking at the "Release Date" area of the OP. The Nov 24 update was the bugfix, v0.27a, of the current version. v0.27 was about 2 months from v0.26 (Sep 20?), and that was more than 4 months after v0.25 (May 12?). The two prior to that were about 2 and 3 months, a piece.

SteelToRust

Dec 13, 2021
I came into this expecting little to nothing and honestly, I got a good laugh most of the time.
I still need to complete it, but the disclaimer on the vampire/car seller was pretty funny.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Anyone who has seen Amanda's ass and doesn't think she is the hottest is obviously a friend of Dorothy (no shade to friends of Dorothy intended)
I'm shocked.. SHOCKED I say. We ALL know that the FAVORITE character of the lemony one is Rock. :devilish:

For myself I can't really choose one lady to say is best. ALL the ladies are AWESOME. Each has a different personality and story that WORKS. Nope the BEST is ALL the ladies. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. Some day my dream of Chocolate chip cookies and nostril close ups WILL come true (or not). :)

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Well, this is annoying.

Hadn't played in a while, November it looks like. Download the latest version, go to load and... throws an error about not knowing when to stop rolling back.

Looking through the posts there was something about putting an old version file in... except there is no version file in the game folder. But I plop the 0.24 in there anyway.
Same result.

Well, they said someone recompiling it at some point caused a problem. Then lets uncompile it using unren.
Same result.

Well, someone said try dropping the latest version of Renpy in there. Except the script_version says it is 7.4.5 and the latest is 7.4.11, not sure about backwards compatability with this. He also mentioned renaming a file... when no such file exists in the folder he indicated. He was talking about 7.4.4 though, so maybe things changed.
Welp, find another lib and renpy file from another game, later version, drop it in there.
Same result.

Find another 7.4.5 version and drop it in there instead.
Same result.

Maybe he meant rename the midlifecrisis.exe in the game base directory... that would make sense. Let's try that with another copy of the 7.4.5 version.
Same result.
Shocked I say, shocked!

Welp, I actually have the latest version here somewhere, lets try that.
Ah there is the renpy.exe in the lib folder, let's copy that out and try that.
Aaaaand same result.

Mother puss bucket...

Thing that annoys me is... who cares if you can't roll back? It's a save, you don't roll back from it. That's why you have the save in the first place, it IS the roll back point.

I think I was on version .26 before I took a break, don't think I was at the end of the content yet.

Soooo...
Anyone got any suggestions, or do I have to start a new game and leave skip on between decisions to try to get to where I was?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, this is annoying.

Hadn't played in a while, November it looks like. Download the latest version, go to load and... throws an error about not knowing when to stop rolling back.

Looking through the posts there was something about putting an old version file in... except there is no version file in the game folder. But I plop the 0.24 in there anyway.
Same result.

Well, they said someone recompiling it at some point caused a problem. Then lets uncompile it using unren.
Same result.

Well, someone said try dropping the latest version of Renpy in there. Except the script_version says it is 7.4.5 and the latest is 7.4.11, not sure about backwards compatability with this. He also mentioned renaming a file... when no such file exists in the folder he indicated. He was talking about 7.4.4 though, so maybe things changed.
Welp, find another lib and renpy file from another game, later version, drop it in there.
Same result.

Find another 7.4.5 version and drop it in there instead.
Same result.

Maybe he meant rename the midlifecrisis.exe in the game base directory... that would make sense. Let's try that with another copy of the 7.4.5 version.
Same result.
Shocked I say, shocked!

Welp, I actually have the latest version here somewhere, lets try that.
Ah there is the renpy.exe in the lib folder, let's copy that out and try that.
Aaaaand same result.

Mother puss bucket...

Thing that annoys me is... who cares if you can't roll back? It's a save, you don't roll back from it. That's why you have the save in the first place, it IS the roll back point.

I think I was on version .26 before I took a break, don't think I was at the end of the content yet.

Soooo...
Anyone got any suggestions, or do I have to start a new game and leave skip on between decisions to try to get to where I was?
If you have the compiled scripts for the old version, try dropping them all in there. That's the rpyc files, not the rpy files.

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Sadly I deleted that one when I installed 27 some time back - and didn't play - and then recently emptied the trash. They are gone. :(

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes