Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Unfortunately, it's been almost a week since his last post, and it is still quiet on the Patreon side of things. But I am (pretty) sure he is still typing away trying to get this update out.
I'd consider a week off silence a good thing, it suggests he is spending his time working on the game, instead of wasting his time hand holding the players. When the silence stretches to months, thats when you should begin to be concerned IMO.

Team Thanos

May 3, 2021
I'd consider a week off silence a good thing, it suggests he is spending his time working on the game, instead of wasting his time hand holding the players. When the silence stretches to months, thats when you should begin to be concerned IMO.
I just hope he's ok and doing well.

Reactions: murishani

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
I just hope he's ok and doing well.
Sometimes I wish devs had an anonymous social media (I mean I guess this is sort of it) that they keep up with. Nefastus is great and I love his game, but god damn is the dude is regularly fucked by the roller coaster of life I just wanna be sure he's still ok.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Sometimes I wish devs had an anonymous social media (I mean I guess this is sort of it) that they keep up with. Nefastus is great and I love his game, but god damn is the dude is regularly fucked by the roller coaster of life I just wanna be sure he's still ok.
He's been active on discord these past few days

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I trust he took the steps so that if anything major happens word will spread. I have no reason to doubt him.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I trust he took the steps so that if anything major happens word will spread. I have no reason to doubt him.
I mean, not to be an ahole, but he has given nothing else but reasons to not expect anything at all :p

I get depression and all, but when you get called to work, taking 1 minute to write a quick update on patreon isnt something hard.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I mean, not to be an ahole, but he has given nothing else but reasons to not expect anything at all :p

I get depression and all, but when you get called to work, taking 1 minute to write a quick update on patreon isnt something hard.
I don't care about the small pauses etc. More like I just care about the last big one with all the radio silence.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I don't care about the small pauses etc. More like I just care about the last big one with all the radio silence.
Hopefully, like someone said earlier, this short pause means he is hard at work on the next update. I am just waiting for that inevitable Patreon notification to ping my email, and, hopefully, it comes with a MEGA for the next update.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

Look, I'm the asshole here. Let's not forget that.

When you get called to work, there is more on your mind than jumping on the computer/phone to tell a few hundred guys to take their hands off their cocks, zip up their pants, and go find something else to do. While being a Patreon patron may have its privileges, it's still only a tipping service, not an employment contract that warrants anything more than a portal for donations and, if the developer desires - a link to share content .

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Look, I'm the asshole here. Let's not forget that.

When you get called to work, there is more on your mind than jumping on the computer/phone to tell a few hundred guys to take their hands off their cocks, zip up their pants, and go find something else to do. While being a Patreon patron may have its privileges, it's still only a tipping service, not an employment contract that warrants anything more than a portal for donations and, if the developer desires - a link to share content .
When a few hundred guys give you money to pursue your hobby, yeah I think you do have some obligation. Maybe not a contractual one, but it is common courtesy to at least let people know what is happening. I mean really, how long does it take to write: sorry guys, got called to work, update might be later.

Took me 5 seconds.

I get when depression hits, even that can be hard, so I am not really harping on that. But if you get called to work then yeah, sorry, there is literally 0 reason not to let people know.

Reactions: Mahony

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
When a few hundred guys give you money to pursue your hobby, yeah I think you do have some obligation. Maybe not a contractual one, but it is common courtesy to at least let people know what is happening. I mean really, how long does it take to write: sorry guys, got called to work, update might be later.

Took me 5 seconds.

I get when depression hits, even that can be hard, so I am not really harping on that. But if you get called to work then yeah, sorry, there is literally 0 reason not to let people know.
Sometimes it's not about the time it's about the priority. So the phone rings and the voice says, "Your wife was hit by a car and is the ER, you need to get here now". What are you going to worry about?

I have no idea about the dev's situation, but before I bitch about his lack of communication I'll wait to find out WHY he's been quiet. Might just save me the embarrassment of being a self important asshole. Maybe.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Sometimes it's not about the time it's about the priority. So the phone rings and the voice says, "Your wife was hit by a car and is the ER, you need to get here now". What are you going to worry about?

I have no idea about the dev's situation, but before I bitch about his lack of communication I'll wait to find out WHY he's been quiet. Might just save me the embarrassment of being a self important asshole. Maybe.
No he literally went about 3 weeks quiet and then said: yeah sorry got called to work.

So I am a pretty confident asshole about that.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
No he literally went about 3 weeks quiet and then said: yeah sorry got called to work.

So I am a pretty confident asshole about that.
Well, since you're a patreon - you can always stop donating until you feel he's learned his lesson of the slight.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well, since you're a patreon - you can always stop donating until you feel he's learned his lesson of the slight.
Heh you all acting like I am the unreasonable one.

"Well, akchyually, he has not obligation to do anything... so uhm... no contract"

Yeah, you also have no obligation to say thank you after getting your meal. You also have no obligation to help out your friend. No real obligation to leave that seat to a grandma. Not taking 5 secs to tell whats up to the people that are giving you money, when you promised you would, is in my book an asshole move.

But hey, his wife could be having a child while an asteroid is falling down on the earth and the whole mankinds survival is dependent on him not using any form of communication for 3 weeks, how dare I.

Reactions: Lilarcor01
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes