Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Here's hoping we don't get the "unfortunately, something happened with the upload and my PC, and I got to try and upload it for nearly 24 hours, again." message.
Last year when he was just uploading the update he disapeared for three months, he had health issues. Everybody was thinking he was dead or in jail or abducted by aliens.
Just like today he told us i'm uploading the game then .... nothing during 3 months.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Last year when he was just uploading the update he disapeared for three months, he had health issues. Everybody was thinking he was dead or in jail or abducted by aliens.
Just like today he told us i'm uploading the game then .... nothing during 3 months.
Hey, I will be the last person to give Nef the benefit of the doubt, and not make up a bunch of hyperbole... Even as a paying Patron. It's one of those "seperation of art from the artist" kind of deals.
He used to be amazing at being consistent with updates... now, I am at "I will believe it when I see it" when it comes to his updates.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Hey, I will be the last person to give Nef the benefit of the doubt, and not make up a bunch of hyperbole... Even as a paying Patron. It's one of those "seperation of art from the artist" kind of deals.
He used to be amazing at being consistent with updates... now, I am at "I will believe it when I see it" when it comes to his updates.
What i found "funny", it was that almost one year ago, he did just the same, he said he was coming back home from a familly thing then said he was starting to upload and then nothing for a few months.
I'm sure it will not be the same, i hope it will not at least!! We love our Nefastus healthy and alive!!:love:

Last edited:

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
What i found "funny", it was that almost one year ago, he did just the same, he said he was coming back home from a familly thing then said he was starting to upload and then nothing for a few months.
I'm sure it will not be the same, i hope it will not at least!! We love our Nefastus healthy and alive!!:love:
I remember that, the longest upload ever.

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
What I don't understand is why he keeps uploading a full version each time on release day for his top tier with his crappy internet, when he is also doing upgrade patches, which are smaller.
He could upload the patch and a link for version n-1 for his patrons (especially after nothing for 3 months), and start uploading the full version the night after.

His way is the best way to make people unsub.

McHela

Sep 16, 2020
So in other words! Lets hope for the best and fear the worst?

Nov 7, 2020
With the assumption that the game + this update is 5gb in size then his internet up speed would have to be <= 500 kbps for it to have taken this long.

It's fairly obvious that these excuses aren't real, they are too many and too frequent to be believable. The gist of it is - guy doesn't know how to tell people what they don't want to hear, which is it's either not done or ways away from being done; I think it's likely close to being done this time around.

But I'm not gonna complain (I am a Patreon) as it always shows up in the end - unlike other creators that are just milking it and that's why these excuses just make me chuckle more than anything else.

Reactions: arms99

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
It's fairly obvious that these excuses aren't real, they are too many and too frequent to be believable.
They aren't real, too often stacked on with a ton of hyperbole, and, ironically, made right before Patreon monthly sub-renewal. As I've said before, if he really cared, he would pull a Cheeky Gimp and provide it to his Patrons who subbed to him on the month he said it would be done, regardless of a renewal of Patreon sub.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
With the assumption that the game + this update is 5gb in size then his internet up speed would have to be <= 500 kbps for it to have taken this long.

It's fairly obvious that these excuses aren't real, they are too many and too frequent to be believable. The gist of it is - guy doesn't know how to tell people what they don't want to hear, which is it's either not done or ways away from being done; I think it's likely close to being done this time around.

But I'm not gonna complain (I am a Patreon) as it always shows up in the end - unlike other creators that are just milking it and that's why these excuses just make me chuckle more than anything else.
They aren't real, too often stacked on with a ton of hyperbole, and, ironically, made right before Patreon monthly sub-renewal. As I've said before, if he really cared, he would pull a Cheeky Gimp and provide it to his Patrons who subbed to him on the month he said it would be done, regardless of a renewal of Patreon sub.
you are welcome to think what you wish and say it so I won't say that you incorrect in your own montage. We all make decisions based on the information at hand. Now I will say what I think and I think you two are wrong and that the information at hand is limited. I know people who have crappy internet because of crappy infrastructure. and with what's been said before and in other places I can believe that there is a limitation being set against him via the isp either through throttling or crappy infrastructure. I had a period where I has barely 10 meg up and down on my isp where i was paying for 1 gig up and down. what it was ended up being a bad unit at the local hub and when it was replaced i got my 1 gig up and down. so it *IS* possible that you have the crappy up and down. I know a streamer that gets booted about once a week because his ISP just reboots the WHOLE system for no reason etc. so though you have the right to think and say what you did it is quite possible you are wrong. however you decide how to react but i'd suggest if you feel this dev is milking you should think about if you want to keep devoting your time to his product. that is up to you.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
the information at hand is limited.
I cut out the rest, and left only the relevant part of your blurb.
Yes, the information at hand is VERY limited... Whether you're one of his defenders, or his detractors. He can easily fix that by popping onto, I don't know, Patreon or Discord and keep us active Patrons in the know. He is very active on Discord, until it comes down to delivery. Instead, he, now notoriously, ghosts us when he says something is done.
And I am not accusing him of milking (I know you devs are really sensitive when someone insinuates that), but I am going to say he isn't being honest.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes