The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
TL;DR - I'm a doofus.

Fair question - yes, I contribute to this game. Truth is, I don't know Patreon very well, and it seems as though there is a wealth of information here. I was hoping to learn more about it. I haven't always been a supporter, and so habits die hard, you know? I start here. I get messages about threads I'm watching, and I get wrapped up here. So I don't think to try Patreon first. perhaps that will change, perhaps not. I dunno.

I've sent several messages to Nefastus directly, offering my help as a professional Software Quality Engineer as well as a proofreader. None have been responded to. Aside from the nitpicking between fans here, I enjoy reading comments about the game. I've been in lurker mode for the last while. I like to watch and listen rather than speak (type as the case may be :D).

I got the impression that there were several supporters here. This is a much more active community than on the Patreon site, and I can't get access to the Discord, though I've sent messages about that as well. So I dunno.
I think F95 is kind of the central hub where everyone meets up to chat, whether good or bad, about a game and its developer. Whether you have access to his Patreon posts, his Discord, or know the guy personally (which I am not sure anyone actual REALLY knows NEF), we kind of all congregate here to voice our opinions, since it is easier; whether for or against his practices. I know some of us tend to hold his feet to the fire when he says one thing and does something else (I know I do), and some of us are his defenders who do value his past-credibility, and his penchant for delivering on what is easily one of the BEST damn adult-games of all time. Hell some of us defend the "sanctity" of the site and say stuff like: "Hey, this is a pirate-site! Shut up!" I can respect all of that.
I will say, I apologize if my sass pissed anyone off, or caused any grief. I didn't mean to.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I think those aforementioned Undead Ninja Ganguro Girls got Nef. Poor guy is probably covered in cheap spray-tan, and glittery makeup by now.
OMG that mental image literally cracked me up :ROFLMAO:... if it hasn't happened, we need to make it happen!
(might need to leave out the Undead part though, I've no idea where to get those, the rest however should be managable :unsure:)

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Ok i just checked his Patreon right now, no news since two days, guys i think we better be prepared for a 2-3-4 month waiting like last year :ROFLMAO:.
He could at least just send a quick message there to avoid beeing seen as a scammer who just says "the update will be done end february" to make his patrons renew their subscription for march.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Ok i just checked his Patreon right now, no news since two days, guys i think we better be prepared for a 2-3-4 month waiting like last year :ROFLMAO:.
He could at least just send a quick message there to avoid beeing seen as a scammer who just says "the update will be done end february" to make his patrons renew their subscription for march.
I was with you in your first thought. The last thought was unnecessary as it has had bitching about it already and really only throws more fuel onto the fire. (just like this message shows as an example for you in response)

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I was with you in your first thought. The last thought was unnecessary as it has had bitching about it already and really only throws more fuel onto the fire. (just like this message shows as an example for you in response)
I don't want to throw more fuel on the fire, i would just want him to not just go silent and hide under the table when something goes wrong.
He could just say, sorry to be late but i have a problem, no further explanations needed. But now after saying that the upload could not be done because of internet problems he just went silent, that's the worst thing he could do. We can understand that something may happen and we can wait, it's only bad for his reputation to just disapear. I can wait 3 month if necessary i don't mind:). Last year when he disapeared i reduced my pledge to 1$ so that's not a problem.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I don't want to throw more fuel on the fire, i would just want him to not just go silent and hide under the table when something goes wrong.
He could just say, sorry to be late but i have a problem, no further explanations needed. But now after saying that the upload could not be done because of internet problems he just went silent, that's the worst thing he could do. We can understand that something may happen and we can wait, it's only bad for his reputation to just disapear. I can wait 3 month if necessary i don't mind:). Last year when he disapeared i reduced my pledge to 1$ so that's not a problem.
I understand. But he would probably get as much flack for saying there will be a delay as for just going silent until he's ready. Or he could have actual problems in life or with other aspects of life. We've seen it in many threads on this site, developers who post here are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Why bother - as a developer - to say anything if it's gonna be a battle about it, anyway?

Reactions: sava75 and Hordragg

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020
I'm sure it's pure coincidence that the dev posts an "upload" on the 1st of the month....the day a lot of Patreons subscribe. Anyone got any milk?

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I understand. But he would probably get as much flack for saying there will be a delay as for just going silent until he's ready. Or he could have actual problems in life or with other aspects of life. We've seen it in many threads on this site, developers who post here are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Why bother - as a developer - to say anything if it's gonna be a battle about it, anyway?
I completely understand what you're saying, and I am not trying to pick a fight with you, Count. But even some of the people who hold his feet to the fire (myself included) would understand, and empathize with a "I'm not doing so good, mentally, right now" - "or my internet fucked up" - or even an honest "hey, so the update isn't ready, and it may take a bit longer." Nobody understands the sounds of crickets.
Due to him being silent, again, during a supposed release window, he is being called ICSTOR 2.0 (I didn't say it) over on his Patreon for not saying anything at all, after he said the game is uploading. And even over on Discord, his most staunch-followers and apologists are like "what the fuck?". He's online via Discord, which means he is active on his PC, or opened the app on his phone, so he's damn-well aware of the conversations going on about him. And he does have the capacity, and capability to say something.
Cheekygimp, an example of an honest, damn-good developer, delivers bad news all the time to slight groans, but people empathize with him because he delivers when he FINALLY says he will. And he keeps in contact and he engages in amazing Patreaon practices; like giving the game download link to people who subscribed in February, regardless of whether or not they re-subbed in March. And even if he is quiet for a bit, he reaches out to people on his team to talk to us here on F95, or Discord, or Patreon. I know this is a Pirate-site, but a lot of us here do eventually support a good-game, and honest and good developer when we got the cash. I know I do.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Due to him being silent, again, during a supposed release window, he is being called ICSTOR 2.0 (I didn't say it) over on his Patreon for not saying anything at all ... And even over on Discord

Cheekygimp... delivers bad news all the time to slight groans, but people empathize with him because he delivers when he FINALLY says he will.

I know this is a Pirate-site, but a lot of us here do eventually support a good-game, and honest and good developer when we got the cash. I know I do.
I edited out some extraneous stuff from your post, Wicked. If I errantly removed anything valuable then I apologize and please let me know.

The comments from subscribers on his Patreon, Subscribestar, and Discord in their respective forums are valid complaints from their perspective and add to the dialogue which their financial backing does afford them. I disagree with their position because it should be understood that donations are to show support of the developer in their work - with no guarantee of the product (at most, they get access to discord, early access whenever a new release is uploaded, a few picture posts, and voting in polls). And although I disagree with them, at least their position has some implied defensible foundation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's the bitching of delays on this site, where the players get the games for free - whether they donate to a developer or not - that gives those who do not donate and only play the game for free a sense that their complaints on the delays are validated.

Simply stating "I hope we hear from him soon" or "I wish he would tell us" would get the point across with less chance of striking a match of entitled fire on this site. Adding "because he's going to be seen as a scammer" or "otherwise it looks like he's milking" or "is this another case of (enter name of preferred scam developer)" - is adding contentious commentary that feeds the trolls, the entitled, the bullies who love to criticize the person who isn't performing to their desired level of wanting free updates every month or two with a ton of content that would require a full development team because they deserve it because they are here because they are pirates because they are entitled to everything now and without fear.

As you can see - we get these, and more, when this happens:
Fap2766 said:
... Anyone got any milk?

• Haha
Reactions: The Wicked One

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I edited out some extraneous stuff from your post, Wicked. If I errantly removed anything valuable then I apologize and please let me know.

The comments from subscribers on his Patreon, Subscribestar, and Discord in their respective forums are valid complaints from their perspective and add to the dialogue which their financial backing does afford them. I disagree with their position because it should be understood that donations are to show support of the developer in their work - with no guarantee of the product (at most, they get access to discord, early access whenever a new release is uploaded, a few picture posts, and voting in polls). And although I disagree with them, at least their position has some implied defensible foundation.

It's the bitching of delays on this site, where the players get the games for free - whether they donate to a developer or not - that gives those who do not donate and only play the game for free a sense that their complaints on the delays are validated.

Simply stating "I hope we hear from him soon" or "I wish he would tell us" would get the point across with less chance of striking a match of entitled fire on this site. Adding "because he's going to be seen as a scammer" or "otherwise it looks like he's milking" or "is this another case of (enter name of preferred scam developer)" - is adding contentious commentary that feeds the trolls, the entitled, the bullies who love to criticize the person who isn't performing to their desired level of wanting free updates every month or two with a ton of content that would require a full development team because they deserve it because they are here because they are pirates because they are entitled to everything now and without fear.

As you can see - we get these, and more, when this happens:

And condensed, I get it. You don't want people "bitching" or talking about their opinions on how Nef is handling himself or his project in a negative light, because it feeds the trolls, and gives them power to insult him... is what you said in a nutshell. And that we should show him empathy. I also get that.
How bout, just for you, I will stop "bitching" about the negativity? And try to not "fan the flames of entitlement"? I draw the line at empathy, because I don't know the dude, but I will TRY to not be such a negative Nancy, just for your pretty-little face, Count.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
I seem to recall this happening last fall. He said that he was releasing and .... total silence. Everyone thought that he must be dead after a month or so.

I hope that this does not happen again!

I am getting tired of playing through all the way from the beginning just to see a few new scenes, so I hope that this release is a big one, when it finally gets uploaded! :D :D :D

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes