eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
1664431083035.png
Hey guys!
I wanted to give this one a try and tried to launch it with this error occuring. The game is unmodified so far.
Anyone experienced this one and knows a workaround? Or should I just download from another source?

(The files from Anon and Mixdrop seem to be different, they differ by a few hundred megabytes...)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yngling

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
View attachment 2070826
Hey guys!
I wanted to give this one a try and tried to launch it with this error occuring. The game is unmodified so far.
Anyone experienced this one and knows a workaround? Or should I just download from another source?

(The files from Anon and Mixdrop seem to be different, they differ by a few hundred megabytes...)
They are the same file (as long as you are actually downloading the ZIP from Anonfiles and not some errant ISO). The two hosting sites define 1 MB differently.

It looks like Anonfiles measures it at 1,000,000 bytes (1.0 x 10^6) and Mixdrop measures it as 1,048,576 bytes (1.0 x 2^20).

Found your problem and the solution searching google for the error
"error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream" ren'py

1664431742204.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I'm slowly playing through the game and ran into a critical error. It's pretty simple to fix (I edited it and fixed it myself), but you should know about it...

Python:
menu:
    "Love":
        $jlove = True
        "Something both warming and terrifying."
        "Something you aren't supposed to share with someone her age."
        "But love is doesn't care."
    "Protectiveness":
        "Not something carnal, but also not quite what you feel for some of the others."
scene gr27v25
"Her body trembles, and you think you aren't the only one this kiss is affecting."
scene gr27v26
pause
"Breaking the kiss, you realize it is time for bed."
d "We better get some sleep."
"She reaches out and grabs your arm."
j "Please...with me?"
scene gr27v27
if not jlove:
Now, what will happen if I picked "Protectiveness" when the game reaches the "if not jlove:" line?

If you look, the "jlove" variable is not set if you pick "Protectiveness" so it crashes with an error because that is an unknown variable. The fix was simple, I just added in "$jlove = False" after you pick "Protectiveness" (if you do). I assume this was a simple oversight that wasn't caught because most people pick the love option, but I like to be different. ;)

Also, I used the walkthrough mod with this (I think it was "MidLifeCrisis - Courteous_mod_v30") and naturally, the same problem exists in it.

Edit: This is a little late, but you may want to considering adding the new variables used in each script to the top of the file with a default value (like "False" in this case) when it is not set so you don't run into this again.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75 and CircaAD

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Love the game but how do I install the incest patch on Android?
I don't believe android is patchable(someone will correct me if I am speaking nonsense), you need to install an already 'patched' version. There should be one pre-patched here, or if you go to my subscribestar the incest version is available there as well. Patreon bans that sort of content so the android taboo version can only be officially released on subscribestar. Though honestly it becomes available here pretty quick after release if you dont want to follow/join subscribestar. bit. ly/3Q3qJZv Is the link for version .30 taboo, I "THINK" the version they list on the main page here is usually prepatched, but the above one certainly is. *Edit* Link removed automatically, remove the space.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Got to say, have to love devs like Nefastus, that take active part of the F95 community and are here to support people that enjoy their games, even if not all of us can pay for them. Keep up the good work and i will at least cheer you onward, even if my economic situation doesn't allow me to support devs monetarily.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I hadn't played since around version 0.20 because saves tended not to work between releases for a while (probably due to Courteous Patch). Before I was a bit on the fence, but now this has become one of my favorite games. The Amanda impregnation scenes in particular are hot as hell. And even though I'm still not a huge fan of Christine's model, I'm loving her exhibitionist streak. Plus Justine :love:... very much looking forward to seeing more of her.

Too bad I'm now gonna be blue-balled until the next release. :cry:

Reactions: CircaAD
Jul 21, 2020
Hello!
Long time player, first time writer on this particular forum, can't speak for anyone else here apart from my good self, a lot of the characters in the game I play I have chosen to re-name and am seening a lot of reference to characters (namely wife, daughter, sister, daughter's friend etc.) referred to in this forum by their in-game unchanged names, which is making a tad confusing for myself to work out who is who.

I don't suppose someone could whip up a quick guide as to whom is whom in this game (photos would be a bonus, but if not, not a problem), this is very much a me problem I know, and hey if it helps just one other person, I'm content with that. Thanks in advance.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hello!
Long time player, first time writer on this particular forum, can't speak for anyone else here apart from my good self, a lot of the characters in the game I play I have chosen to re-name and am seening a lot of reference to characters (namely wife, daughter, sister, daughter's friend etc.) referred to in this forum by their in-game unchanged names, which is making a tad confusing for myself to work out who is who.

I don't suppose someone could whip up a quick guide as to whom is whom in this game (photos would be a bonus, but if not, not a problem), this is very much a me problem I know, and hey if it helps just one other person, I'm content with that. Thanks in advance.
You could just start a quick playthrough (with skip dialogue turned on) to write them all down yourself and then post them for everyone, too. That way you're helping yourself and others like you. Just an idea. Thanks in advance.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Hello!

You could just start a quick playthrough (with skip dialogue turned on) to write them all down yourself and then post them for everyone, too. That way you're helping yourself and others like you. Just an idea. Thanks in advance.
either that or type "cast" into the search engine and find one of the many times it has been done before.
#10,344

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Hello!

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Been a few weeks, sorry I got kinda lost in my own world again. The short of it is, the next update is rapidly approaching. The long of it, well good news is I SHOULD be able to get a RTX 4090 soon which will GREATLY increase the pace I can work at.
Now as for what is coming in this update, well we all know I hate spoiling anything so I will just say a few threads finally come together and our lovable MC will be able to start pushing people to accept his little dream life. Won't quite get there yet, but he is WELL on his way to being able to be a bit more open with his predelictions.
Also, I think this month I am going to put a pinned post with the latest public version up. This pinned post will have obviously the full version, but I want to break it up as well. Thinking of putting a download link for every 10 versions, that way the game can be downloaded as 3 or 4 smaller downloads. Then with some notice of when the update will be released, people can kind of pre download the game in smaller bites for those who don't like how large the full game has become.

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017

Been a few weeks, sorry I got kinda lost in my own world again. The short of it is, the next update is rapidly approaching. The long of it, well good news is I SHOULD be able to get a RTX 4090 soon which will GREATLY increase the pace I can work at.
Now as for what is coming in this update, well we all know I hate spoiling anything so I will just say a few threads finally come together and our lovable MC will be able to start pushing people to accept his little dream life. Won't quite get there yet, but he is WELL on his way to being able to be a bit more open with his predelictions.
Also, I think this month I am going to put a pinned post with the latest public version up. This pinned post will have obviously the full version, but I want to break it up as well. Thinking of putting a download link for every 10 versions, that way the game can be downloaded as 3 or 4 smaller downloads. Then with some notice of when the update will be released, people can kind of pre download the game in smaller bites for those who don't like how large the full game has become.
Damn 4090. Meanwhile my 1070 died and I can't afford a new one xD.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I was playing through the game taking a route few probably have... basically being good and not having sex with anyone, not even the wife LMAO... I'm curious that way. ;) Anyhow, I got the following error... looks like someone forgot to set a variable and it was never caught because, well.... we're all normally pervs and never go this route! ;)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/version03.rpy", line 1327, in script
    if wiferoleplay2:
  File "game/version03.rpy", line 1327, in <module>
    if wiferoleplay2:
NameError: name 'wiferoleplay2' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/version03.rpy", line 1327, in script
    if wiferoleplay2:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/version03.rpy", line 1327, in <module>
    if wiferoleplay2:
NameError: name 'wiferoleplay2' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1609
MidLifeCrisis 0.30
Tue Oct 11 03:06:46 2022
Should really set all these variables at the top of each script to their default values, just in case they're never used.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes