Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Strange error in the game. Not a major one, but in version 0.31 (version31.rpy) late in the code the game starts to use default names. For example, I named the wife "Wanda". When I speak to her, the MC says "Wanda", when she speaks, you see the default game name "Sandra" I think it is. Same deal with "Sarah". I checked the game and it would appear that the variables for the character that is speaking like "s" for Sarah are set to the defaults, but the variables for the name I chose like s_name are set to what picked.

I haven't seen this problem before, doesn't honestly make much sense and not a game changer, I can live with it, but...

karrek

May 14, 2017
Strange error in the game. Not a major one, but in version 0.31 (version31.rpy) late in the code the game starts to use default names. For example, I named the wife "Wanda". When I speak to her, the MC says "Wanda", when she speaks, you see the default game name "Sandra" I think it is. Same deal with "Sarah". I checked the game and it would appear that the variables for the character that is speaking like "s" for Sarah are set to the defaults, but the variables for the name I chose like s_name are set to what picked.

I haven't seen this problem before, doesn't honestly make much sense and not a game changer, I can live with it, but...
If you want to try to fix it, search the site for Unren, download and run it in the game directory, enable console. Then open the game, load a save, then Ctrl+O to open the console, and type s = "[whatever name you want Sarah to have]", and do that for each of the characters that are getting messed up.

*Edit - to try to make it clearer, you have to put the name in quotes, so if you wanted Sarah to be called Ashley, you would type s = "Ashley"

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If you want to try to fix it, search the site for Unren, download and run it in the game directory, enable console. Then open the game, load a save, then Ctrl+O to open the console, and type s = "[whatever name you want Sarah to have]", and do that for each of the characters that are getting messed up.

*Edit - to try to make it clearer, you have to put the name in quotes, so if you wanted Sarah to be called Ashley, you would type s = "Ashley"
I actually already have unren software (better, you just drag and drop onto it and it undoes it). I have a little script I will add to a project to ensure console mode is enabled as well (pretty simple)...

I create a file called "unblock_config.rpy" with the following in it:
Python:
init 999 python:
  config.developer = True
  config.console = True

try:
    config.underlay[0].keymap['quickSave'] = QuickSave()
    config.keymap['quickSave'] = 'K_F5'
    config.underlay[0].keymap['quickLoad'] = QuickLoad()
    config.keymap['quickLoad'] = 'K_F9'
  except:
    pass

_preferences.skip_unseen = True
  renpy.game.preferences.skip_unseen = True
  renpy.config.allow_skipping = True
  renpy.config.fast_skipping = True

renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True
  renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 256
  renpy.config.rollback_length = 256
  def unren_noblock( *args, **kwargs ):
    return
  renpy.block_rollback = unren_noblock
  try:
    config.keymap['rollback'] = [ 'K_PAGEUP', 'repeat_K_PAGEUP', 'K_AC_BACK', 'mousedown_4' ]
  except:
    pass

try:
    config.keymap['screenshot'] = ['s', 'K_s', 'noshift_K_s']
  except:
    pass
Good idea anyhow. Yeah, I'll manually fix them and resave. Just curious as to what would cause that. Perhaps some of my persistent variables somehow got messed up? :unsure:

Last edited:

karrek

May 14, 2017
Could just be an error in the code, the dev wrote in s instead of s_name, or whatever.

Sorry, I thought I had read in your post that you said you're "not a programmer" and not familiar with how this stuff works (which looking back now I see I must have halucinated), so I was dumbing it down a little more than I otherwise would have... :LOL:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Could just be an error in the code, the dev wrote in s instead of s_name, or whatever.

Sorry, I thought I had read in your post that you said you're "not a programmer" and not familiar with how this stuff works (which looking back now I see I must have halucinated), so I was dumbing it down a little more than I otherwise would have... :LOL:
LMAO... not a problem. I figured it out. I pressed "SHIFT+O" for my console... turns out I already had my debugging script in that folder so I examined all the variables and it was the persistent variables that were messed up. I think I know how that happened. I was experimenting with renaming the characters back to the original names with the MOD and then changed my mind, but the changes must have stuck in the persistent variables. I just manually reset them. seeing as how variables like s_name were all intact, I just needed to type "persistent.s_name = s_name" to reset them back to the right values without knowing exactly what I used.

Thanks for your suggestion anyhow. i don't know why I did think to just pop into the console. Probably because it was close to bedtime and my brain seems to shut down first. heheheh

I am definitely a programmer. I mainly love straight C programming (not C++ as much, though I love C++ strings and vectors).

Reactions: bacchusplateau

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Because it just took me ten or fifteen minutes to find this, I'm reposting the link to the66 patched apk for anyone looking

https://f95zone.to/threads/midlife-crisis-v0-32-nefastus-games.20427/post-9843169
Took me 10-15 seconds to make a report on the post containing the66's version, asking the staff to add it to the OP, something they've already done with Fetish Locator

nevermoreXX

Mar 25, 2020
What's going on with "latest updates" ?
This is 3rd game now that is not showing up as updated.
1st explanation was new "2 week rule".
Second time no explanation.
Now again.. Either is something horribly wrong with forum code or ....

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What's going on with "latest updates" ?
This is 3rd game now that is not showing up as updated.
1st explanation was new "2 week rule".
Second time no explanation.
Now again.. Either is something horribly wrong with forum code or ....
What are you talking about? The last update of this was released in January.

Reactions: Snugglepuff
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes