Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Enjoyed the dark version, dev should continue it so I hope to see more of it in the future.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Controversial take:

Nef may or may not continue with the dark path as he likes - but he should not share it here anymore. Maybe once it is finished if it ever will be.

My reasoning: while most of us just appreciate testing this alternate reality or can simply ignore it if they are not interested, which is nice, we've already seen raving madmen frothing at the mouth complaining how the existence of another game with the same characters ruins the original, we have seen supportive people already with the first suggestions of what to do and "looking forward". Which is normal in any project.

However, this is not what the game is for - it is supposed to be an outlet for Nef, for writer's block, maybe for letting steam off. The moment the "when is the next update gonna be?" comes, it starts losing this effect because it will create new stress instead of relieving it, even if in a different sector.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Controversial take:

Nef may or may not continue with the dark path as he likes - but he should not share it here anymore. Maybe once it is finished if it ever will be.

My reasoning: while most of us just appreciate testing this alternate reality or can simply ignore it if they are not interested, which is nice, we've already seen raving madmen frothing at the mouth complaining how the existence of another game with the same characters ruins the original, we have seen supportive people already with the first suggestions of what to do and "looking forward". Which is normal in any project.

However, this is not what the game is for - it is supposed to be an outlet for Nef, for writer's block, maybe for letting steam off. The moment the "when is the next update gonna be?" comes, it starts losing this effect because it will create new stress instead of relieving it, even if in a different sector.
wise.gif

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Controversial take:

I personally think kind of the same. I haven't played the dark path yet, but, Nef should keep updating it when he feels the need to. But he definitely should release it here. I don't expect consistent updates only when and IF Nef feels it's necessary for writer's block/stress. Even it that means there's never another update to it. Which would be ideal.

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
Controversial take:

I personally think kind of the same. I haven't played the dark path yet, but, Nef should keep updating it when he feels the need to. But he definitely should release it here. I don't expect consistent updates only when and IF Nef feels it's necessary for writer's block/stress. Even it that means there's never another update to it. Which would be ideal.
Even if Nef doesnt post it here, someone else (for example me xD ) will send the links to the mods, to add it to the first post.

What I would suggest to the mods, to not flag it as a game update, so it doesnt appear as "Latest updates".
I think, I have seen this happening for other side stories, so it should be possible.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
... What I would suggest to the mods, to not flag it as a game update, so it doesnt appear as "Latest updates".
I think, I have seen this happening for other side stories, so it should be possible.
Or give it its' own thread, clearly marking it as separate and avoiding further update confusion

Maybe call it MLC Dark

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
Or give it its' own thread, clearly marking it as separate and avoiding further update confusion

Maybe call it MLC Dark
Would be wrong tho, as it is not really a game. It is just an alternative story of MLC.
And some ppl would also get mad that Nef started another game xD

Imo, just do not show it as a Latest game update, and ppl should be fine.
The biggest problem is ppl coming here, expecting a game update, and finding something different. So their expectations is not met, and some of them lash out.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Maybe call it MLC Dark
Would be wrong tho, as it is not really a game. It is just an alternative story of MLC.
And some ppl would also get mad that Nef started another game xD

Imo, just do not show it as a Latest game update, and ppl should be fine.
The biggest problem is ppl coming here, expecting a game update, and finding something different. So their expectations is not met, and some of them lash out.
I agree with lemon on this one. There are a couple other games that offer alternate paths and new threads were made for them. It makes sense to me.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Even if Nef doesnt post it here, someone else (for example me xD ) will send the links to the mods, to add it to the first post.
Okay, I was too specific. What I meant was "not release it at all", as he originally considered. Maybe to a couple of really close friends - but not on Patreon or anywhere else. And if one of his friends drop it, then stop that, too, for the time being.

Though if it does get released - it indeed should go into its own thread. Most spinoffs I know like "Scenes that didn't happen" or "XY side story at this point in time" get their own threads.

Reactions: c3p0 and sava75

sonstwer

Aug 20, 2021
As for me, I liked it that it popped up in "latest&updates".
Last played it a couple of years back in ´21, liked it very much but lost track of it over time.

Got surprised by that not-update and remembered liking this game.
Started again from the beginning and liked every minute of those many hours playing it again.
This is an absolute gem!

Not interested in the dark path though. Think, it would kind of ruin the MCs bubbly character for me.

But I can´t wait for the next update and very much look forward to it.
All the best and success overcoming your block, Nef!
However, take your time, you can´t force creativity!

Reactions: Tox88

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
You're all blowing shit way out of proportion as usual. If you see it in latest updates and see it's a side story after you open the page, big deal, you wasted 5 seconds of your life. Go back to doing what you were doing.
While I agree, there is one other issue. IF an actual update were to become available in the next two weeks then it wouldn't show up in latest updates and one could easily miss it.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
That I didn't know. Why wouldn't it?
Because games cannot be promoted on the Latest Updates page less than 2 weeks apart in order to prevent update spam, eg a dev putting out repeated bug fixes to keep their game on the first page

The OP would still be updated but it wouldn't be moved to the top of Latest Updates again

Of course, Nef is well aware of this so wouldn't try to update within that 2 week window. Additionally, the fact that the Dark Version is an exercise to deal with writer's block means v0.34 isn't likely to be finished within that window anyway

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes