steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Would love to personally, I hate that it's the first thing new people see, but I have to find time. Most my time is spent working on updates(I don't have the best PC/video card so renders take a fair bit of time), new content is better than just remastering the old. I don't want to fall into the trap of never getting past version .09 because I keep getting more familiar with daz. I am going to try to redo a few here and there as I go, but only if it won't affect time that I should be spending on the updates.
Eh... for me it's 6 one way, half a dozen the other. Honestly how thin the one daughter is bothers me more than the weird renders. Not enough to not go after her though.

Reactions: Nefastus

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Any details on the 9 to 9a bugfix? I doubt it's worth re-downloading the whole kit and kaboodle.

Terry Bishop

May 17, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of MidLife Crisis v0.09a.
Forgive my ignorance, does it come already pre-patched with incest? Do all Android ports on F95, as a general rule, come pre-patched or vanilla only? Thanks in advance whoever answers or directs me to the relevant post/thread

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Hi !
Just a short post to say that unfortunatly, the drop in image quality is visible (even if it's still playable). I would prefer if there was two versions of this game, HQ and compressed, to satisfy everyone.
Personally, even if my internet connexion is poor, I'm OK to wait hours to download the highest quality possible for a game ;)

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
I think remastering would be worth the delay in new content. Perhaps a tick/tock approach where updates alternate between remastering old renders and adding new content? However, new content should be good enough to not need remastering, which is to say every update would have great renders. The main issues to fix in remastering are 1) lighting/exposure, 2) clothing poke-thru and clipped body parts, and 3) the ongoing problem with eye sclera that are gray instead of white.

The biggest issue is you don't seem to have a good Nvidia graphics card? My 1080-TI took 9 minutes to do this in HD and 20 minutes to do it in 4K.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Hi !
Just a short post to say that unfortunatly, the drop in image quality is visible (even if it's still playable). I would prefer if there was two versions of this game, HQ and compressed, to satisfy everyone.
Personally, even if my internet connexion is poor, I'm OK to wait hours to download the highest quality possible for a game ;)
There is two versions, only one got leaked though.

Reactions: zh

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I think remastering would be worth the delay in new content. Perhaps a tick/tock approach where updates alternate between remastering old renders and adding new content? However, new content should be good enough to not need remastering, which is to say every update would have great renders. The main issues to fix in remastering are 1) lighting/exposure, 2) clothing poke-thru and clipped body parts, and 3) the ongoing problem with eye sclera that are gray instead of white.

The biggest issue is you don't seem to have a good Nvidia graphics card? My 1080-TI took 9 minutes to do this in HD and 20 minutes to do it in 4k.
I can appreciate your viewpoint, ideally I could do both a remaster and a full update, but the people supporting me would rather I focus on new content. As I have time I plan to try to go back through and improve some of them slowly, but I will not sacrifice a monthly update for a remaster, it's not fair to the patrons. If I was at a point to do this full time for a living, maybe I would have the time, but barring that I prefer to spend my limited time looking forward.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I can appreciate your viewpoint, ideally I could do both a remaster and a full update, but the people supporting me would rather I focus on new content. As I have time I plan to try to go back through and improve some of them slowly, but I will not sacrifice a monthly update for a remaster, it's not fair to the patrons. If I was at a point to do this full time for a living, maybe I would have the time, but barring that I prefer to spend my limited time looking forward.
I agree that a remaster is not worth it. Maybe sometime way down the line after the game has been completed (and even then it would be nicer to just start a new project imho). Anyway while nicer renders are great, what makes the scenes hot for me is mainly good writing and setting (who is doing what with who, dirty talk etc) - none of which would be improved with remaster. And at least for me, you seem to nail the raunchy scene settings so... keep doing what you are doing. (though the eyes are sometimes creepy)

LiQu1d@Rm0r

Mar 13, 2019
i find thsi bug

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ValueError: unsupported format character ' ' (0x20) at index 39

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "version07.rpyc", line 942, in script
  File "T:\[gamez] prn\NEFASTUS GAMES MIDLIFE CRISIS VERSION 0.09a HD\MidLifeCrisis-0.09aHD-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.09aHD-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "T:\[gamez] prn\NEFASTUS GAMES MIDLIFE CRISIS VERSION 0.09a HD\MidLifeCrisis-0.09aHD-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.09aHD-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1188, in say
    what = what % tag_quoting_dict
ValueError: unsupported format character ' ' (0x20) at index 39

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.09aHD
Fri Aug 02 11:52:30 2019

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
So I'm confused. It happens. Been playing from the start and just got to the part where
You find Jennifer tied up at her folks place
and she says "I don't even know why they took me" and the MC thinks...
So should I know the reason at this point? Does it come up later? How does the MC have a photo of her Dad on his phone? Has something been cut from the game? Like I said I just started it from the beginning and not sure how i could've missed anything.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
So I'm confused. It happens. Been playing from the start and just got to the part where
So should I know the reason at this point? Does it come up later? How does the MC have a photo of her Dad on his phone? Has something been cut from the game? Like I said I just started it from the beginning and not sure how i could've missed anything.
You should know several reasons why they did it and none of them good.

ADD: For me it seems like the dev is using real life insight with this MC.
Middle age man with real life insight knows a few things that he learn through life.

Last edited:

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
So should I know the reason at this point?
I assume the reason is she's sexy. Might depend on dialogue, I didn't remember seeing that.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
I think hes just trying to protect her, she's gone through enough and he doesn't want to pile on any more bad news right now.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
I think hes just trying to protect her, she's gone through enough and he doesn't want to pile on any more bad news right now.
Yeah but at that point I didn't know why she was tied to a chair so I had no bad news to give her. Scouted out the place first then busted in the front door after seeing her tied up and knocked out her Mom if that makes a difference. Then later MC told Rock she was going to be given away to repay a debt. Just wondering where this information came from and how MC found out because I saw nothing about it in the dialogue.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
If you went in the front door and talked to the mother, the MC gets the idea of what it is all about. Why he has the photo? No clue, internet search and a booking photo?

How any other path gives him the same insight, don't know.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes