dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
I can appreciate your viewpoint, ideally I could do both a remaster and a full update, but the people supporting me would rather I focus on new content. As I have time I plan to try to go back through and improve some of them slowly, but I will not sacrifice a monthly update for a remaster, it's not fair to the patrons. If I was at a point to do this full time for a living, maybe I would have the time, but barring that I prefer to spend my limited time looking forward.
I'm glad to read this.
Even if the updates are quite small there is still something to look forward to each month.
Lots of dev these days take 2-3 months for an update and I must say I appreciate that you take your schedule seriously.

Thank you! <3

Reactions: Maverick1965

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
If you went in the front door and talked to the mother, the MC gets the idea of what it is all about. Why he has the photo? No clue, internet search and a booking photo?

How any other path gives him the same insight, don't know.
Dev, I feel like this could be fixed during the montage where MC looks over the house "I hear them talking about [plot] inside".

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
So I'm confused. It happens. Been playing from the start and just got to the part where
You find Jennifer tied up at her folks place
and she says "I don't even know why they took me" and the MC thinks...

So should I know the reason at this point? Does it come up later? How does the MC have a photo of her Dad on his phone? Has something been cut from the game? Like I said I just started it from the beginning and not sure how i could've missed anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
For some people the quality was awful. I also noticed a distinct drop in image quality when I swapped monitors after the update, I think it's more noticeable on larger 4k monitors. Some look REALLY bad.
What is supposed to look so awful about them? The only thing I can see wrong with any of them is they need more global illumination passes, which has nothing to do with the compression at all.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
I can appreciate your viewpoint, ideally I could do both a remaster and a full update, but the people supporting me would rather I focus on new content. As I have time I plan to try to go back through and improve some of them slowly, but I will not sacrifice a monthly update for a remaster, it's not fair to the patrons. If I was at a point to do this full time for a living, maybe I would have the time, but barring that I prefer to spend my limited time looking forward.
While it would be nice it's not the end of the world, as I said, I think your render style suits the game perfectly :)

Reactions: Nefastus

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
What is supposed to look so awful about them? The only thing I can see wrong with any of them is they need more global illumination passes, which has nothing to do with the compression at all.
Well there are the eyes of death at few points.

Last edited:

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Ok this part is also weirding me out...I feel like I just took some acid...
screenshot0003.png
I play without the patch as someone told me the story made more sense that way... that this wasnt the case of Patreon's stick up their ass meddling... so whats up with this line ? Did people lie to me ? Have I purposely been avoiding the patch and not getting the real story thanks to bad advice ?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
View attachment 361878
I play without the patch as someone told me the story made more sense that way... that this wasnt the case of Patreon's stick up their ass meddling... so whats up with this line ? Did people lie to me ? Have I purposely been avoiding the patch and not getting the real story thanks to bad advice ?
Yes the patch makes more sense for the story.
You can even make the youngest daughter and Sarah 15 yo and a freshman in Plainsville High School instead of collage if you want to but they really don't look that young.

Reactions: frozted

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
Nice. Downloaded the fix update. No problems loading old saves this time. Had none of the bugs bothering me this time. gg squashing them quick. Really liked this one. Some points all moved forward nicely.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
View attachment 361878
That line makes perfect sense, she’s introducing him to her friend

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well there are the eyes of death at few points.
Well yeah, and there's some clipping and such as well, but I'm talking about things that could be mistaken for the new compression. Surely nobody is stupid enough to think that things like that are caused by compressing the images?

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well yeah, and there's some clipping and such as well, but I'm talking about things that could be mistaken for the new compression. Surely nobody is stupid enough to think that things like that are caused by compressing the images?
Yeah ofc, I was mentioning it because someone mentioned wanting a remake. Though these small problems do not bother me much.

BOSOBS

May 24, 2019
well that was interesting i just with the tyrant was just as easy a gameplay
when is the next version anyway

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
I'm not through with my playthrough yet, but one thing I'm enjoying is the fourth wall breaking when the renders aren't up to snuff or for plot reasons. By hanging a lampshade on it, the author really make it a non-issue. From shiny skin to shiny t-shirts, or even getting a car title in minutes. It's OK if the renders don't always feel up to mustard, or if you can't really figure out how to have event a connect to event b.

The writing is good, the renders are getting better as I move through the game. From the previous conversation, I'd suggest finishing the plots and everything before you go back to rerender the opening CG's. You've know more now then you did then, but you may know even more by the end, and that way you won't have to render the opening scenes three or four times. If you are worried about people quitting the game before playing it long because of the beginning renders, just rerender one iconic scene, have the protagonist hit their head and temporarily see that scene rendered the new way, with a comment on 'it gets better as you go'.

Back to playing the game. I will say that I'm not jumping every woman in the game, simply because some aren't my type, but I feel there is enough content here that I can afford to be picky.

Reactions: JTsmoothhands
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes