Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Point is... this game has barely any plot.

It is just a "daddy fucks them all" game. It just feels better than all others because of writing and girls with personality.

But plot? Objectively? There is none.

You could also play Pale Carnations. Extremely different setting, but a lot of different personalities and the potentiality of cheating.

Summer Heat also looks like it will have consequences if you whore around, but too soon to tell. I totally enjoyed it.

Personally, I strongly recommend Acting Lessons, and it is finished.

These are all games in which, ultimately, what matters are relationships with the character. Pale Carnations setting is way more complex, but I recommend it as I have a feeling you are looking for sex heavy games. Summer Heat does not have much sex yet but seems heavy on cheating consequences.

If you dont mind the total lack of sex (at the moment) I strongly recommend Summer's Gone.
If you are looking for games with a decent story/plot, don't forget Leap of Faith, Eternum, Artemis, and Chassing Sunsets.

Pedrocas77

Aug 19, 2017
Dude is still working on his Houdini act.
Damn bro, this business is really a dangerous one, almost everyone who work developing this kind of games end up with mental diseases especially anxiety and depression, i mean god damn, even war isn't so traumatic ...

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Damn bro, this business is really a dangerous one, almost everyone who work developing this kind of games end up with mental diseases especially anxiety and depression, i mean god damn, even war isn't so traumatic ...
Better to get shot at then besieged by sweaty, horny fanboys/girls on the internet! /s

exodusonfire

Nov 15, 2019
Point is... this game has barely any plot.

It is just a "daddy fucks them all" game. It just feels better than all others because of writing and girls with personality.

But plot? Objectively? There is none.

You could also play Pale Carnations. Extremely different setting, but a lot of different personalities and the potentiality of cheating.

Summer Heat also looks like it will have consequences if you whore around, but too soon to tell. I totally enjoyed it.

Personally, I strongly recommend Acting Lessons, and it is finished.

These are all games in which, ultimately, what matters are relationships with the character. Pale Carnations setting is way more complex, but I recommend it as I have a feeling you are looking for sex heavy games. Summer Heat does not have much sex yet but seems heavy on cheating consequences.

If you dont mind the total lack of sex (at the moment) I strongly recommend Summer's Gone.

While I don't agree with everything you have said, the games you have recommended are definitely quality in my opinion. Acting Lessons, Once in a Lifetime and Eternum are all games I think everyone should experience at some point, especially the guy you were replying to.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
While I don't agree with everything you have said, the games you have recommended are definitely quality in my opinion. Acting Lessons, Once in a Lifetime and Eternum are all games I think everyone should experience at some point, especially the guy you were replying to.
You know it's wrong to recommend "Acting Lessons" without putting a warning disclaimer for the fragile and soft-hearted. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: B2B2 and Cartageno

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
You know it's wrong to recommend "Acting Lessons" without putting a warning disclaimer for the fragile and soft-hearted. :ROFLMAO:
No! No warnings, no disclaimers!

c9354315356a5914d046614a4b598f739db94e4ade375826c9b685d20b44f3c0_1.jpg

Ok ok, jokes aside, anyone who goes to the games thread can easily see warnings, disclamers and right out spoilers there, no need to scare people away from a real good game (imho) by overdoing it with warnings.

Also about Midlife Crisis not having plot, that's a bad choice of words, it obviously has plot, it's just not very deep or remotely dramatic ... and i think not every game needs that, some games are just fine to be enjoyed like a nice ride on a sunday afternoon in the sun, taking in the impressions and having a good time.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No! No warnings, no disclaimers!

View attachment 3255190

Ok ok, jokes aside, anyone who goes to the games thread can easily see warnings, disclamers and right out spoilers there, no need to scare people away from a real good game (imho) by overdoing it with warnings.

Also about Midlife Crisis not having plot, that's a bad choice of words, it obviously has plot, it's just not very deep or remotely dramatic ... and i think not every game needs that, some games are just fine to be enjoyed like a nice ride on a sunday afternoon in the sun, taking in the impressions and having a good time.
I would even disagree about the not remotely dramatic part. There are quite dramatic moments and emotional moments in the game, like with purple haired gymnast and her home situation. Only Nef does not spin it out for 20 updates with anxiety inducing cliffhangers and tend to keep it lighthearted with some humor and resolves it at least partly, but he def does touch some sensitive emotional issues, without going into soap territory.

Of course for people for whom only when there is a protagonist trying to steal your loved ones away from you is stakes or drama in an AVN or some nebulous crime organization no MC in situation as portrayed has any reasonable chance to win unless a Disney movie, yeah they will be disappointed. :p

Last edited:

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
I would even disagree about the not remotely dramatic part. There are quite dramatic moments and emotional moments in the game, like with purple haired gymnast and her home situation. Only Nef does not spin it out for 20 updates with anxiety inducing cliffhangers and tend to keep it lighthearted with some humor and resolves it at least partly, but he def does touch some sensitive emotional issues, without going into soap territory.

Of course for people for whom only when there is a protagonist trying to steal your loved ones away from you is stakes or drama in an AVN or some nebulous crime organization no MC in situation as portrayed has any reasonable chance to win unless a Disney movie, yeah they will be disappointed. :p
Well maybe 'not remotely dramatic' is too harsh, but it doesn't feel like there is a real threat to wether or not MC can solve the situation. So even if the stakes can seem high, the dice are loaded, the drama is mostly about what has happened, not what could still happen. That's what i mean when refering to the game as easy sailing, a 'nice ride on a sunday afternoon in the sun'. And i think that's what some find lame or boring ... while i find it nice and just like to enjoy the experience.
That said it'd be nice if something came back in some form sometime even if it's not a big threat, but especially regarding our "purple haired gymnast" girl it would be nice if it wouldn't be over just like that... and maybe it isn't, we will see.

Reactions: DA22 and Cartageno

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well maybe 'not remotely dramatic' is too harsh, but it doesn't feel like there is a real threat to wether or not MC can solve the situation. So even if the stakes can seem high, the dice are loaded, the drama is mostly about what has happened, not what could still happen. That's what i mean when refering to the game as easy sailing, a 'nice ride on a sunday afternoon in the sun'. And i think that's what some find lame or boring ... while i find it nice and just like to enjoy the experience.
That said it'd be nice if something came back in some form sometime even if it's not a big threat, but especially regarding our "purple haired gymnast" girl it would be nice if it wouldn't be over just like that... and maybe it isn't, we will see.
In most games the dice are loaded and any drama of that sort has a predestined outcome as well most of the time. :p Here the drama is just more interpersonal for most part and not created by adversaries as much. It is both drama, just different kinds :)

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
In most games the dice are loaded and any drama of that sort has a predestined outcome as well most of the time. :p Here the drama is just more interpersonal for most part and not created by adversaries as much. It is both drama, just different kinds :)
I think I do get what Jorund is saying. Of course we know that in almost any given story the hero will against all odds kill the ten goons with his bare hands, run into the burning church, rescue the nun, get her to confess the murder of all the people, and then marry his sweetheart - or whatever the specific storyline is. However, in stories I often feel like there is something at stake, I don't know how it's gonna be, and so forth. Here I also feel that nothing really is a hindrance, neither the few "action" scenes, nor any interpersonal drama - it is obvious that most girls are into you and do not mind sharing, they just need to know the full extent before you can finally end the story, but it all seems a given to me.

Reactions: Yngling and Jorund
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes